Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 5:26:54 AM EDT
just got one, way cool !
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you liked it.  glad to hear someone is having luck with one.

is the trigger pull astronomically high, like 100,000 lbs?  mine was.  couldn't fire and hit anything i had to work so hard to pull the darn trigger.  also got "stuck" is disassembly mode.  couldn't finish taking it apart and couldn't put it back together.  may have just been a fluke bad one.  hope yours is much better.

FWIW, i have a taurus revolver.  love it.  

enjoy the new toy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
sounds like you liked it.  glad to hear someone is having luck with one.

is the trigger pull astronomically high, like 100,000 lbs?  mine was.  couldn't fire and hit anything i had to work so hard to pull the darn trigger.  also got "stuck" is disassembly mode.  couldn't finish taking it apart and couldn't put it back together.  may have just been a fluke bad one.  hope yours is much better.

FWIW, i have a taurus revolver.  love it.  

enjoy the new toy.
View Quote

Then I got the other bad one, but it was in stainless.  Almost the exact same story.  I realize it's a face gun, but I can't risk my life on that.

ECR, i hope you have better luck.

Me? I am now looking fo r a good ulta-compact 9mm or .40.  Pref a sa/da.  No Glocks!

Zaz
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine worked great for about 2000+ rounds. Then it started coming apart. First the take down latch broke while shooting and it nearly fell apart. Sent the pin in and got a free replacement after 4weeks. After that the polymer pins holding the action to the frame started to break. Sent the whole pistol back. Seven weeks later it came back repaired. Each time I sent them a long detailed letter expressing the problem and my sincere dissatisfaction. They never said SH#T, Im sorry, NOTHING. I'm still pissed. Shoot a little to get familiar with it then just carry it or sell it. It si a nice little piece, but it wont hold up in the long run. 2000 rounds is hardly a torture test.BP
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys, I'll keep the 2,000 rnd thing in mind as I just bought it for a carry piece. If I do decide to sell it can you sugjest something no smaller than .380 at the same weight or lighter ? And to ARLady my wife thinks it has a heavy trigger also but I prefer a double action only pistol for concealed carry. It makes you have to use a concious effort to discharge a round. Also I loved your discourse on SWAT.

Semper Fi
ECR
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Taurus PT-111 that has performed flawlessly.
Jim Hall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top