Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:15:16 AM EDT
My new house will be finished in about a month, and it's time for me to decide on what type of TV service to get. I've had Dish before, and I really liked the DVR feature. However, I want to start getting HD programming and still have the DVR feature, plus local channels. How much am I looking at per month? Am I going to have to buy the HD/DVR rec'r or will they lease it to me? My lot is wooded, will they send someone out to see if I can even get a signal? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Lease ViP622. HD DVR

I pay about $120 per month for all the channels
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
me thinks they will lease it to ya- IIRC it has HD/DVR and can control two rooms - one hd

it can be alot cheaper than 120...

i pay under 50- one receiver and no premium channels- i think hd is like 10 /mo
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
120 is a bit much, but I guess if you're getting all the channels the charges will start to add up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
You can survey your own site with a compas and a protracter mounted with a plumb line and a straw to look thru.  Dish's site gives you the exact direction and azimuth.  Trees along the south side of your property can be a problem depending upon how far noth you live.

I had Dish and was happy with it, but have DirectTV now.  Both are good services and a better deal than cable.  I think Dish has slightly better programming for the price and DirectTV has slightly better satellites and equipment.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top