Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 10:19:42 PM EDT
MAKE THEIR EARS RING ON THEIR WAY OUT!!!

Get your afternoon calls in before they leave for their two-week break!

Senate immigration overhaul in doubt

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Senate compromise on an overhaul of immigration law appeared to get bogged down late on Thursday in the face of opposition by some Republicans who say it would give amnesty to lawbreakers.
{Fuckin' A man!! We gotta find out who are these Repubs stalling this and GIVE THEM A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE!}

It appeared unlikely the Senate would approve before a two-week congressional break on Friday the radical immigration reform that would give millions of illegal immigrants a chance to earn U.S. citizenship.

The bill's backers expressed fear that failure to enact the legislation before lawmakers leave for their spring break could hurt its chances in a congressional election year.
{Well boo-fucking-hoo you assholes!!}

Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada earlier hailed a "breakthrough" on the compromise bill that would include a guest worker program sought by President George W. Bush.

But the two leaders were unable to agree on how many amendments to the bill would be allowed.

Frist later accused Democrats of trying to block the bill by refusing to allow amendments. Democrats said they wanted to protect the bill from being "gutted" by Republicans opposed the bill.

"Republicans are still deeply divided on this issue, and we must protect this from those senators bent on gutting the bill with hostile amendments," said Reid.

TODAY IS A CRITICAL DAY GUYS!!!

THEY MIGHT VOTE ON IT, THEY MIGHT SHELVE IT!!!

Call your Senators AND your House Reps again and again and again and keep on making noise in their ear!!!

DO NOT STOP!

CALL THEM TODAY!!!!

CAPITOL TOLL-FREE SWITCHBOARD: (888) 355-3588
Call Your Senators & Representatives TODAY - 24hr line.

Tell your Senators that the illegals are rushing the border now in anticipation of a "guest-worker" plan passing the Senate and that their "compromise" bill is LOADED with huge loopholes and is RIPE for widespread abuse!

DEMAND that they SUPPORT THE RULE OF LAW and strengthen CURRENT immigration laws rather than make new ones that millions can and will just abuse even more!

TOO MANY LOOPHOLES !!!

TOO EASY TO ABUSE !!!

NO WAY TO ENFORCE IT !!!

NO REASON TO SUPPORT IT !!!

Call them and demand they vote "NO" on ANY "guest-worker" plan for illegal aliens!

Call them and demand they SUPPORT THE RULE OF LAW and do NOT reward long-time lawbreakers!!!

Call them and tell them that they're spitting in the face of every LEGAL immigrant who played by the rules, paid their dues, obeyed the law and waited their turn for the PRIVILIGE to come here!!!

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Locate And Contact YOUR Representative HERE.

HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER: Congressman John Boehner, R-OH
DC (202) 225-6205
OH (513) 779-5400

US SENATE: Locate And Contact YOUR Senators HERE.

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER: Sen. Bill Frist, R-TN
DC  (202)224-3344
TN  (615)352-9411

UPDATED: 4/9/06

Lawmakers: Immigration bill not dead
Sen. John Kyl, an Arizona Republican, on Sunday offered support for a temporary-worker program, but not a "pathway to citizenship" or permanent residence for illegal immigrants.
{Hmmm.... }

"A temporary-worker program that might be useful to supply labor needs in our country, when they exist, should be exactly that, temporary, so that when the work is not available for them, you haven't turned them into permanent legal residents and thereby created a situation where you have foreign workers here but no job for them," Kyl told CNN's "Late Edition."
The House majority leader on Sunday rejected the Senate's "comprehensive" approach to immigration but didn't rule out a compromise with the Senate.

"I think we can resolve the differences and we can have a strong immigration-reform bill," Rep. John Boehner told ABC's "This Week."

But the Ohio Republican offered no indication how that would be possible.

"I'm for securing the borders and enforcing the laws," Boehner said. "Until we do that, if you try to create a guest-worker program, all you're doing is inviting more illegal immigration."
Specter said he believes there is grounds for an eventual agreement.

"Everybody agrees there's an enormous problem, and everybody agrees with the border security lines," he said.

"I think tempers will cool over a two-week period. And also, there are going to be some expressions by many people very unhappy with the Senate not passing a bill and very unhappy with the House bill."

"I think tempers will cool over a two-week period."

They're hoping you all are gonna just forget this and stop calling them.  

DO NOT STOP CALLING!!! MAKE THEIR EARS RING LOUD AND LONG!!!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a talk with a DEA agent a couple of days ago and now realize why the gov't will never stop illegals.  They had 5 smugglers in custody and a van load of confiscated marijuana.  The DEA agent was bitching that the smugglers had ruined their day.  I asked why?  They had 7 pounds over the threshold for the US Attorney's office to prosecute.  I asked "what do you mean?".  Well if they only had 240 pounds of weed they let them go and confiscate the weed, but they had 247 pounds so the DEA had to arrest them and do the extra paperwork.

If an illegal is caught with 240 lbs they are allowed to cross back into Mexico, but if a US citizen is caught with any amount in possession they are arrested and likely face some type of prosecution.  An couple of ounces and you are most likely going to jail but the citizen of Mexico goes back to Mexico and freedom.  Does anyone expect them to stop the illegal border crossers when they are letting the drug smugglers go?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That is why I keep calling it a "phoney war on drugs".
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I though it was a phony war on *some* drugs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
SENT MY EMAILS OUT TODAY.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Already talked to Santorums office...
Congresswoman Melissa Hart's aid say the bill will go no where in the house.
Specter...well I won't waste a dime...he's a lame duck and never gave a shit what conservative Pennsylvanians think anyway...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#7]
My two want to send them back and vote that way. They are also big 2nd guys. Go Bama
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]
In an article I read today it said momentem on this bill could go either way over congress' easter break so it is up to us to keep the pressure on because the other side is going to do the same. If we are not going to march in the street like they are we have to call and email everyday . Make it part of your daily routine. We have to fight harder then they are and make it known that it will be politcal suicide for our representatives to vote for this bill.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Done
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Will do.

Tag and BTT.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Just gave Mel Martinez a "respectful" ear full.

E-MAIL, CALL, SHOUT JUST DO IT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In an article I read today it said momentem on this bill could go either way over congress' easter break so it is up to us to keep the pressure on because the other side is going to do the same. If we are not going to march in the street like they are we have to call and email everyday . Make it part of your daily routine. We have to fight harder then they are and make it known that it will be politcal suicide for our representatives to vote for this bill.

Thats how the system works here folks! Get of your asses.
They are.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Word just in - Bill is "Sidetracked"

www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/07/D8GR6THG2.html

"Democrats and Republicans blamed each other Friday for problems stalling the progress of an immigration bill that would let millions of illegal immigrants remain in the U.S.

Votes were scheduled to break the logjam, but both supporters and opponents of the bill said that's not likely to occur until Congress returns from a two-week spring recess, if then."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Word just in - Bill is "Sidetracked"

www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/07/D8GR6THG2.html

"Democrats and Republicans blamed each other Friday for problems stalling the progress of an immigration bill that would let millions of illegal immigrants remain in the U.S.

Votes were scheduled to break the logjam, but both supporters and opponents of the bill said that's not likely to occur until Congress returns from a two-week spring recess, if then."

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Keep up the pressure guys!!!

SLAM THAT SWITCHBOARD ALL DAY TODAY!!!!

Tell your Senators that the illegals are rushing the border now in anticipation of a "guest-worker" plan passing the Senate and that their "compromise" bill is LOADED with huge loopholes and is RIPE for widespread abuse!

DEMAND that they SUPPORT THE RULE OF LAW and strengthen CURRENT immigration laws rather than make new ones that millions can and will just abuse even more!

TOO MANY LOOPHOLES !!!

TOO EASY TO ABUSE !!!

NO WAY TO ENFORCE IT !!!

NO REASON TO SUPPORT IT !!!

Call them and demand they vote "NO" on ANY "guest-worker" plan for illegal aliens!

Call them and demand they SUPPORT THE RULE OF LAW and do NOT reward long-time lawbreakers!!!

Call them and tell them that they're spitting in the face of every LEGAL immigrant who played by the rules, paid their dues, obeyed the law and waited their turn for the PRIVILIGE to come here!!!

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Locate And Contact YOUR Representative HERE.

HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER: Congressman John Boehner, R-OH
DC (202) 225-6205
OH (513) 779-5400

US SENATE: Locate And Contact YOUR Senators HERE.

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER: Sen. Bill Frist, R-TN
DC  (202)224-3344
TN  (615)352-9411

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Just woke up.

Good to hear.
--------------
ADD: Here's the votes last night. Good=Nay. Bad (sell-out)=Yeah.

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Alexander (R-TN), Nay
Allard (R-CO), Nay
Allen (R-VA), Nay
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Nay
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Nay
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Nay
Bunning (R-KY), Nay
Burns (R-MT), Nay
Burr (R-NC), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Nay
Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Nay
Coleman (R-MN), Nay
Collins (R-ME), Nay
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
Craig (R-ID), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Nay
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Nay
DeWine (R-OH), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dole (R-NC), Nay
Domenici (R-NM), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Nay
Enzi (R-WY), Nay
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Nay
Graham (R-SC), Nay
Grassley (R-IA), Nay
Gregg (R-NH), Nay
Hagel (R-NE), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Nay
Lugar (R-IN), Nay
Martinez (R-FL), Nay
McCain (R-AZ), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Nay
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Nay
Obama (D-IL), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Nay
Rockefeller (D-WV), Not Voting
Salazar (D-CO), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Nay
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Smith (R-OR), Nay
Snowe (R-ME), Nay
Specter (R-PA), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Nay
Sununu (R-NH), Nay
Talent (R-MO), Nay
Thomas (R-WY), Nay
Thune (R-SD), Nay
Vitter (R-LA), Nay
Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
Warner (R-VA), Nay
Wyden (D-OR), Yea
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#17]
The Dallas Morning News published an editorial today calling out Sen Cornyn and Sen Hutchison for not getting on the amnesty bandwagon - tough crap!!! I'm glad my senators are standing strong against it...I'll have tell them again what a great job they are doing.  At least I can have pride in one part of my representation.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#18]
"Senate Shelves Immigration Bill"

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1610910/posts
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#19]
sent this to John Boehner's office:

As a longtime Republican respecting the rule of law and security of our nation, I urge you to not accept any amnesty provisions in any border security bill.  The enforcement provisions of HR 4473 should not have any bearing on the citizenship status of illegal immigrants already in the country.  If and when a border security bill comes to a House / Senate committee, I urge the Republican House leadership to continue the path of border enforcement 4473 provides. Allowing amnesty or any path towards citizenship flies in the face of every legal immigrant in this country.  Passing amnesty legislation without fixing the border security issues that allow free crossings will not protect us from the likes of Al Qaeda or other terrorists and criminals from ANY country that wish to cross, not just Mexico.  I fully support legal immigration, but rewarding illegal behavior with an amnesty/path to citizenship program every 20 years while ignoring the root cause is NOT an acceptable solution.

Respectfully,

ARTX
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw Senator Jeff Sessions on the floor of the Senate going off against this bill so not all senators are sellouts.

keep calling
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Holy crap, my two RINO senators actually voted Nay. Woot!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So did Frist and Spector though....so I'm guessing all Nay votes weren't based on principle, maybe procedural moves?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the vote was right down the party line.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Look at how they voted when it came time to ammend the bill not this one.  The RINOs showed who they were on that one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#25]
bump!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I saw Senator Jeff Sessions on the floor of the Senate going off against this bill so not all senators are sellouts.

keep calling

I heard our other senator, Richard Shelby, on radio this morning. Unless someone has a gun to his head he will vote NAY with a vengence.

If my party synchophant rep Aderholt can find a spine, he will too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Dallas Morning News published an editorial today calling out Sen Cornyn and Sen Hutchison for not getting on the amnesty bandwagon - tough crap!!! I'm glad my senators are standing strong against it...I'll have tell them again what a great job they are doing.  At least I can have pride in one part of my representation.

Glad they have some balls...even Kay.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States, and many Americans believe that our immigration policies are in need of serious review. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must make it a priority to secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

In order to address this issue I have introduced S. 2454, the Securing America’s Border Act, a billion-dollar down payment that focuses on border security and interior law enforcement and will enable the Senate to pursue comprehensive immigration reform. My proposal will add resources to border protection, give our immigration-enforcement officials new legal tools, invest in physical barriers and electronic surveillance equipment at the borders and make it easier for employers to ensure that they hire only citizens and legal residents. We need to make these investments because maintaining a secure border ranks among the most fundamental missions of any sovereign nation

While our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration and enhance our national security, we still need to do more. A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work. Among other things, the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs. In the long term, our government needs to work on policies that encourage democracy and prosperity abroad which will also address our immigration crisis by reducing the number of people who feel that coming to the United States is their only option.

Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation, and, as Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem in the 109th Congress. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, and continue to welcome legal immigrants, and in doing both we will improve the lives of all Americans.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
Majority Leader
United States Senate

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States, and many Americans believe that our immigration policies are in need of serious review. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must make it a priority to secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

In order to address this issue I have introduced S. 2454, the Securing America’s Border Act, a billion-dollar down payment that focuses on border security and interior law enforcement and will enable the Senate to pursue comprehensive immigration reform. My proposal will add resources to border protection, give our immigration-enforcement officials new legal tools, invest in physical barriers and electronic surveillance equipment at the borders and make it easier for employers to ensure that they hire only citizens and legal residents. We need to make these investments because maintaining a secure border ranks among the most fundamental missions of any sovereign nation

While our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration and enhance our national security, we still need to do more. A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work. Among other things, the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs. In the long term, our government needs to work on policies that encourage democracy and prosperity abroad which will also address our immigration crisis by reducing the number of people who feel that coming to the United States is their only option.

Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation, and, as Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem in the 109th Congress. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, and continue to welcome legal immigrants, and in doing both we will improve the lives of all Americans.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
Majority Leader
United States Senate

Nice letter, but for the life of me I do not understand the "labor challenges facing our nation".

There are plenty of unemployed people or those on welfare who could easily replace illegal aliens in the workforce.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#30]
UPDATED: 4/9/06

Lawmakers: Immigration bill not dead
Sen. John Kyl, an Arizona Republican, on Sunday offered support for a temporary-worker program, but not a "pathway to citizenship" or permanent residence for illegal immigrants.
{Hmmm.... }

"A temporary-worker program that might be useful to supply labor needs in our country, when they exist, should be exactly that, temporary, so that when the work is not available for them, you haven't turned them into permanent legal residents and thereby created a situation where you have foreign workers here but no job for them," Kyl told CNN's "Late Edition."
The House majority leader on Sunday rejected the Senate's "comprehensive" approach to immigration but didn't rule out a compromise with the Senate.

"I think we can resolve the differences and we can have a strong immigration-reform bill," Rep. John Boehner told ABC's "This Week."

But the Ohio Republican offered no indication how that would be possible.

"I'm for securing the borders and enforcing the laws," Boehner said. "Until we do that, if you try to create a guest-worker program, all you're doing is inviting more illegal immigration."
Specter said he believes there is grounds for an eventual agreement.

"Everybody agrees there's an enormous problem, and everybody agrees with the border security lines," he said.

"I think tempers will cool over a two-week period. And also, there are going to be some expressions by many people very unhappy with the Senate not passing a bill and very unhappy with the House bill."

"I think tempers will cool over a two-week period."

They're hoping you all are gonna just forget this and stop calling them.  

DO NOT STOP CALLING!!! MAKE THEIR EARS RING LOUD AND LONG!!!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#31]
bump
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Excuse my ignorance - when you call Sen "So and So's" office, and they say, "Hi, office of Sen "So and So", do you just start off with requesting to make a comment on current issues, or what? I don't mind calling but have so far stuck to writing/emailing and don't want to sound like a complete moron when I call.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Excuse my ignorance - when you call Sen "So and So's" office, and they say, "Hi, office of Sen "So and So", do you just start off with requesting to make a comment on current issues, or what? I don't mind calling but have so far stuck to writing/emailing and don't want to sound like a complete moron when I call.

Something like this (for my Senators Kyl and McCain):

"Hello, I'm a registered Republican and an Arizona voter and I'm calling about the immigration issue. Can you briefly tell me what Senator XYZ's position on a guest-worker plan is?

<staffer answers>

(depending on answer...) Well I'd like express my complete and absolute OPPOSITION to any guest-worker plan for illegal aliens in this country. Senator XYZ needs to stand up for the rule of law and do NOT reward law-breakers with any kind of "path to citizenship" because that's a slap in the face to all LEGAL immigrants who follow the rules to be here.

I believe we need to strengthen the border - a LOT - and punish employers of illegal aliens - a LOT.

Please tell Senator XYZ to vote "no" on any guest-worker plan and vote "yes" on strengthening the border - good fences make good neighbors.

By the way, have you been getting many calls on this issue lately?

<answer>

What's been the major position of most people calling on this?

<answer>

Thank you and again, I believe any guest-worker plan is wrong, unenforceable, too easy to abuse and only encourages even MORE illegal aliens to come here."

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks again The_Macallan for your efforts! I put my calls in again today and to Frist as well.  Could not get through on his Washington DC line so I called his office in TN.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Sent this one today

Dear Senator Frist,

No doubt you have seen the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants marching in protest today April 10th. Their solidarity is impressive but it only further emphasizes the points against amnesty:

1)No gainfully employed persons would be able to assemble en-mass on a working day.

2)The economic impact of the loss of this immigrant population would be trivial - as far as I can tell, the economy is doing just fine this Monday

3)This immigrant population has gone from callous disregard for U.S. law  (illegal entry) to emboldened expectation of citizenship rights. They have never regarded that citizenship is a privilege, they see it as some kind of right they magically acquired once across the border. They now have the gall to protest for what they perceived to be their rightful claim.

My parents and relatives all legally gained citizenship in the great land of opportunity by respecting the laws and sovereignty of the US. Millions of others across the world hope to do so as well. The illegal aliens from Mexico and South/Central America should not be rewarded for cutting in line. We might as well start bankrolling all the social services for all the citizens of Mexico.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]
4/11

Dear Senator Frist

The fundamental building blocks for this nation were from immigrant populations from all over the world. People came here to make a better life for themselves and appreciated the opportunity to become American citizens. It meant enough to people that they labored through the lengthy process to get that chance. Still today, millions of people all over the world in very poor conditions seek the same dream.

Now the migrant group from Mexico has decided that it is not subject to the rules set forth for legal immigration to the U.S. Somehow they are entitled to what everyone else waited for. They have chosen to "steal" their chance and step in front of tens of millions of Africans, Indians, Eastern Europeans etc that patiently wait for the same opportunity. Somehow these illegals despite their disrespect for our laws believe that they are owed this chance before the others.

The line the protest groups are pitching is that they should be allowed to become law-abiding citizens, when what we are seeing is a mentality and behavior that is very contrary to lawful. They claim the economy will suffer without them - perhaps a million demonstrators yesterday and nary a hiccup of impact on the economy that day. They prove their desire to become Americans by desecrating US flags and proudly waving the flags of their legal residences.

The majority in the nation do not support amnesty in any way. Amnesty was ALREADY DONE in 1986 to “solve” the problem of illegal immigration. It has only enticed the larger waves of illegal immigration we experience today. Repeated amnesty will only beget a further increase in illegal immigration in the future. The politicians pushing for amnesty are gambling for increased political clout amongst the Latino population at the expense of our future.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#37]
4/12

Dear Senator Frist,

Why is it not the responsibility of the illegal immigrants' native countries to aid in their quest for a better life? Who else should we be inherently responsible for? Is Mexico having a humanitarian crisis? What makes the 20 million + non-starving "Mexicans" more eligible than the 320+ million starving Indians or 60+ million starving Africans for living the American Dream? The Indians have the advantage of being one of the largest English speaking populations in the world.

Simply put, the push for amnesty is the most overt racially biased program put forth in years. It will only benefit one group in particular - those who illegally crossed the Mexican border into the US.  Imagine if we decided that next year we would devise some kind of immigration bill to allow expedited citizenship only for a group of 5 million consisting of >90% Sudanese, or >90% Czechs, or  >90% Nepalese?

What if we devised a tax amnesty bill that forgave 100% taxes for those who have not paid taxes at all for 5 years in a row, 50% of taxes for those who have cheated 2-5 years, and 25% for those who cheated 2 years or less? That is how much sense the “progressive rewards” make for those who have violated our laws. The people who have been here illegally for a longer period of time should not be granted tiered benefits.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
4/12

Dear Senator Frist,

What if we devised a tax amnesty bill that forgave 100% taxes for those who have not paid taxes at all for 5 years in a row, 50% of taxes for those who have cheated 2-5 years, and 25% for those who cheated 2 years or less? That is how much sense the “progressive rewards” make for those who have violated our laws. The people who have been here illegally for a longer period of time should not be granted tiered benefits.

I really like this analogy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I received the same identical letter from Frist as MAK.  I haven't heard a peep from Lugar or Bayh.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#41]
In all threeletters, I told them that I and my friends were going to stay home for the next two elections.  Bayh probably wants me to do just that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top