Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:07:24 PM EDT
I met a real winner the other night.

At about 9PM 17yo rich kid was driving his Mercedes sedan DUI, under the combined influence of alcohol, Soma & Xanax.  He was arrested for DUI and released to his father since Juvi Hall doesnt take DUI offenders.  When his dad picked him up he said he cant control his son, that he's a chronic runways, takes the cars without persmission, abuses alcohol, Marijuana, Soma, Xanax and steroids. He stole his dad's TV and Ipod to trade for roids.

Later the same night we arrested the same kid for burglarizing 8 vehicles in his mothers gated community.

How the hell does a wealthy kid get so screwed up? Kid had every advantage in life and is blowing it.

Eventually he will hit rock bottum and turn his life around.  the only issue is how many painfull lessons will he learn before that point.  Of course there is the very real posibiulity that he will kill himself or someone else with his drug and alcohol abuse and driving before he pulls his head out of his ass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
i know plenty of people like that.  it's another symptom of the ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY.  except in this case, it's not the government giving out the free cheese, it's the parents.  too many priviledges + no discipline = screwed up kid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
the parents are dipshiites!

too busy working to pay attention to the shiitebag and now they have a little return on their investment
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

At about 9PM 17yo rich kid was driving his Mercedes sedan DUI, under the combined influence of alcohol, Soma & Xanax.  He was arrested for DUI and released to his father since Juvi Hall doesnt take DUI offenders.  When his dad picked him up he said he cant control his son, that he's a chronic runways, takes the cars without persmission, abuses alcohol, Marijuana, Soma, Xanax and steroids. He stole his dad's TV and Ipod to trade for roids.

Later the same night we arrested the same kid for burglarizing 8 vehicles in his mothers gated community.

How the hell does a wealthy kid get so screwed up? Kid had every advantage in life and is blowing it.

Eventually he will hit rock bottum and turn his life around.  the only issue is how many painfull lessons will he learn before that point.  Of course there is the very real posibiulity that he will kill himself or someone else with his drug and alcohol abuse and driving before he pulls his head out of his ass.

I blame Dad... He should take that snot-nosed kid behind the woodshed for a Man to man talk.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
[rant]Don't get me started on Juvi shitbags, I work in Juvenile Probation and the shit heads don't get it even after we lock their butts up and make mommy and daddy pay a ton of legal fees and fines.

I had one parent get pissed when we threatened to lock up her son (BTW this is the THIRD son of hers to be on the caseload in 2 YEARS, she doesn't "understand" the problem with her kids!!!!!!

But the bonus is here when they are 17 we lock their ass up in Big Boy Jail and prosecute them as adults.

I tell them keep being fucking stupid the future generation of COPS need job security.  I really hate other people's children now (I need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
[/rant]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a kid and I have never even dared think of doing something like that, not because I would get my ass whupped, but because I have a sense of what is right and what is wrong. That is what more kids need.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Weedeater.  When his ass heals up he will have a whole new perspective on life.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I work for a private school filled with kids like that.

The parents are usually too busy working and away so the kids get raised by a nanny and the TV. No one paid any attention to them and when they acted up they were fed antidepressants. Once you put a kid on those, its probably for life.

ETA moral relativism at its finest.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]

it starts with the parents, the day of birth.

one thing ive noticed... kids who have parents that are LEO / police officers... were ALWAYS the worst kids in school and still havent made shit out of themselves...

as for the rich kids... thats 50/50 around here, some use it to their advantage to get somewhere in life, the rest use it to buy drugs and fuck up their lives.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

one thing ive noticed... kids who have parents that are LEO / police officers... were ALWAYS the worst kids in school and still havent made shit out of themselves...

as for the rich kids... thats 50/50 around here, some use it to their advantage to get somewhere in life, the rest use it to buy drugs and fuck up their lives.

You're half right.  I haven't made shit out of myself. I work everyday in a noble trade, supporting a family.  Never been arrested or even a speeding ticket in my 47+ years on this earth.

How would you like your CROW prepared?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am a kid and I have never even dared think of doing something like that, not because I would get my ass whupped, but because I have a sense of what is right and what is wrong. That is what more kids need.

as an 18yo still living at home I must say that this sense should be instill by the parents when the kid is 1,2, or 3 yo by now it is to late

as I said at 18 I don't know everything but if I were to give advice to any confused parents it would be tough love is the way to go and no matter what happens don't give your kid everythign...............make him work for it and be proud of it...............it is because of this that me and my 2 brothers are the law abiding people we are today........good parents............[salute]

just my .02
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Fucked up parents bailed his ass out of trouble too many times.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoot him and then stick your backup piece in his hand.

That'll learn him!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Remeber that thread about beating your kids?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're half right.  I haven't made shit out of myself. I work everyday in a noble trade, supporting a family.  Never been arrested or even a speeding ticket in my 47+ years on this earth.

How would you like your CROW prepared?

im not quite sure how to take your reply... you probably assume im categorizing ALL police officers kids in a category of "bad apples" but im not... im just reffering to the ones i went to school with...   it always amazed me how one of them used / sold drugs right under his parents nose... with a police dog / K9 unit living under the same roof...  i shit you not...   the rest of them had assault records, theft etc etc... they seemed to push the envelope more then the rest of us punks.   and youre 47, so youre from a different generation that had morals unlike the typical person my age of 23 and under ( thats how it seems lately )

as for the CROW ?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
There comes a point where a parent has to say, "SCREW IT!" and simply let the law keep the punk.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Next year he'll be 18.  Then he can get cornholed in big boy jail.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Kids need the fear of GOD put in them, or at least their FATER. I was (am ) the son of a police officer and Vietnam vet, I was afraid of my dad, and my friends fathers too. I grew up to become a soldier and now a police officer( not all cop's kids are bad). I think that parents should never try to be their kids FRIENDS, they have to be PARENTS.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
blame is squarely on the parents.  you raise a spoiled brat, then reap what you sew
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My dad wouldn't have come to pick me up the first time.  He would have made me deal with it.  

ETA: If I broke into cars, he would have broken into my skull.  

Amen

My Dad was the base commander when I was in High School.  If I even farted while crossing the road he knew it.  At the same time, I had been tought to respect my parents and not wanting my dumb ass moves to reflect on them probably kept me out of more trouble than anything
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My dad wouldn't have come to pick me up the first time.  

Not an option in Cali.  Juvie hall doesnt take misdemeanor offenders.  As a parent you are responsible for your kid until he's 18.  You have to give him a place to live until then.

If the parent refuses to pick up the kid when arrested for a misdemeaneor offense the the police will just drop the kid off at home and can bill the parents. The cops cant babysit your kid all night becuase you dont want to pick him up. Plus the family court judge will fine the hell out of the parents when the juvies case goes to trial and the judge reads in the report that the parent refused to pick up the child.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#25]
This is why I have my kids making knockoff gucci handbags in the basement 10 hours a day. No way I'm going to let them grow up to be spoiled brats!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Spare the rod spoil the child...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I blame Dad... He should take that snot-nosed kid behind the woodshed for a Man to man talk assbeating.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My dad wouldn't have come to pick me up the first time.  

Not an option in Cali.  Juvie hall doesnt take misdemeanor offenders.  As a parent you are responsible for your kid until he's 18.  You have to give him a place to live until then.

If the parent refuses to pick up the kid when arrested for a misdemeaneor offense the the police will just drop the kid off at home and can bill the parents. The cops cant babysit your kid all night becuase you dont want to pick him up. Plus the family court judge will fine the hell out of the parents when the juvies case goes to trial and the judge reads in the report that the parent refused to pick up the child.

Money well spent in his eyes.   Money doesn't rule certain people.   You could have fined him whatever your heart desired.... I would be the one paying the fine.

Maybe if they "babysit" more kids for ONE night, they wouldn't have to become the care provider for 20 years.

The pass huge tax increases to build new bigger juvie halls that nobody wants in their back yard.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Throwing money at a child does not make one a good parent.

Send his ass to Bootcamp.

The parents have already proved that they are ineffectual.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#30]
my dad would Kick the Living SHIT out of me.  I'd be missing teeth.   I'm 35 years old,  6'5" and weigh over 300 lbs and I'm still sort of afraid of my dad.  We get along great but I frequently think "my dad will kick my ass if I do that!"

People that say you can raise a child effectively without A) at least SOME male influence or B) some actual or implied physical punishment are full of crap.

All my friends I grew up with that were raised "going to timeout" are all screwed up.  Those of us that got raised getting our asses whupped by dad are all fine.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#32]
bad parenting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Father and son back country trek. Maybe a fly in to remote spot in AK for a few weeks. Nothing wakes punk kids up like having to fend for themselves, literally. No phones, no friends to lean on. No cars, 7elevens, no tv and no clocks. Learning the importance of carrying your own wieght is a lesson thankfully I was taught at an early age.

Sometimes getting back to basics is a tool overloked.
CH
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Aren't people kind of jumping to conclusions here about the parents?  The OP doesn't provide any information about what kind of parents they are, other than the father is having trouble controlling the kid.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Aren't people kind of jumping to conclusions here about the parents?  The OP doesn't provide any information about what kind of parents they are, other than the father is having trouble controlling the kid.

Regardless the kid is being an ass, breaking laws and needs to be corrected.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#37]
He MIGHT hit rock bottom, or he will die first.

The father has money, ship him off, let the military types kick his ass.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#38]
If all he has to work for is breathing in and out as a parent they should make that more difficult.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#39]
beat him up
take everything but his clothes on his back
kick him out
change the locks to the house
tell him not to come back until he turns into a man
call him a faggot that just want attention.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

As a parent of 3 kids I know that my FIRST responsibility is to raise my kids the way God intended.  The 'father' in question obviously did not feel the same obligation.  Life is a matter of priorities.  The 'father' in question sounds like a pretty good provider of $.  He sounds like a pretty bad provider of love, respect, guidance, instruction,  manhood etc.  Are there bad seeds out there?  Probably.  But I think 99% of kids could be raised in a proper way to turn into proper adults.  This punk has issues.  Hopefully he will get straightened out before someone kills him.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Speaking from experience, he's going to die. By someone else or himself.

I had a good friend of mine pull the same shit. Went from good grades to always drunk and never in school. Then got into crazy situations like driving around in nice areas looking for people to mug/beat up. He had money already, but felt the need to steal other peoples. He was a totally different person until he met up with a really shitty crowd and started making these terrible decisions for himself. I found out of his suicide by an article in a local newspaper about a suicide involving a "311 boyz victim" (you do remember this group right?). Turns out he participated in one of these fights (sounds like what he would do) and got beat pretty bad. Video showed up on major news stations and overall his life just fell apart. He ended his life within a month.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Serious asswhipping, to make up for the one that he was denied growing up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#43]

Y'all seem to be overlooking the fact that good parents can have a bad kid. It doesn't matter how many times Dad takes him out back and beats his ass or how many boot camps he goes to.  Some kids seem to have a major-screw-up gene.  

There are many instances where nature overides nurture even when you're nurturing with a ball peen hammer between the eyes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#44]
At that point? I don't know. 17 is pretty late to fix a screwed-up personality like that. A sudden, hard shock of reality might do it, or it might not.

There's this one kid like that I know of. He's one of the kids of some friends of my parents. All of their other kids are normal, but this one is just whacko. I don't know all of his exploits, but I heard he was busted for stealing some kind of expensive camera from a police station. Was apparently involved in lots of drugs, petty theft, that sort of thing. Last I heard, his parents kicked him out for good and abandoned him when he turned 18. Even if you're a good parent, some kids are just screwed up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Lester Roloff Enterprises is a place in Corpus Christi TX founded  by Lester Roloff for really troubled kids. call `em.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I sure don't know what happened in this country.  When I was a kid, we walked our asses to the bus stop, and stood there shivering (if it was cold), umbrellas if it was raining, etc.  Now I see a long line of BMWs, Mercedes, etc, with Junior waiting in fine style for the bus. at the entrance of our subdivision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top