Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 6:03:22 PM EDT
Razr V3C + Plantronics 510=Shitty radio noise when phone is in my right front pants pocket.
Razr V3C + Jabra BT500= Shitty radio noise when phone is in my left breast pocket.

Bluetooth is overhyped.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate those damn headsets. If I can't see someone wearing them and talking I think they're a fucking nutjob.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Razor + Motorola H500 Bluetooth =

I can leave my phone in the car and walk into a store and still get good reception if the phone rings. It works out to about 50 feet best I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Razor + Motorola H500 Bluetooth =

I can leave my phone in the car and walk into a Quik-Trip store. It works out to about 50 feet best I can tell.

+1, motorolla ftw.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm very happy with my plantronics 510.

I'll buy yours for $10
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
bUnChA sTaR TrEk NERDS!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
It's ok, but depends on the moon.
Sometimes it works great, other times I can't use it even when the phone is on my visor.

moto E815 w/ moto BT500
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
bUnChA sTaR TrEk NERDS!!

no shit.  where's that "NERDS" picture when ya need it.

anybody that walks around with one of those in their ear 24/7 is a damn full-fledged geek.   not to mention,  YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT.    
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
razr + hs850
Very nice.
Sure beats the hell out of trying to hold the phone with your neck
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on the specific set I think.

I'm getting a car soon that has the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, should be pretty cool.  Plus I drive a stick so talking on the phone and shifting is double dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know the name of mine, but they threw it in free with my Sprint Samsung phone.  It works fine, although it gets scratchy if I am more than 10 feet away or so.  Worth what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Razr V3 + Jabra BT250 works fine.  Then again I only use it in the car so the phone is just a few feet away from the headset.  The headset stays in the car when I get out for the simple fact that I don't want to look like that nutjob previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Razr V3 + Jabra BT250 works fine. Then again I only use it in the car so the phone is just a few feet away from the headset. The headset stays in the car when I get out for the simple fact that I don't want to look like that nutjob previously mentioned.

Older model bluetooth set supposed to be the best made. Even better value then whats out there now. My hs850 I can have it in the living room and be doing the dishes in the kitchen. Since I forward all my calls from my home phone to my cell> I get calls while im driving. Wearing a head set is no more distracting than talking to a passenger in your car. And you keep your eyes on the road
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it really that a big deal to hold your phone while you talk on it??? If I'm at my desk or in the car I just use the speakerphone. I have no desire to walk around looking like a fucking cyborg with a blinking blue light on the side of my head.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is it really that a big deal to hold your phone while you talk on it??? If I'm at my desk or in the car I just use the speakerphone.

I've never owned a cell phone with a speakerphone, and everyone I know who has one sounds horrible and hard to hear when they try to use it to talk to me on the phone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it really that a big deal to hold your phone while you talk on it??? If I'm at my desk or in the car I just use the speakerphone.

I've never owned a cell phone with a speakerphone, and everyone I know who has one sounds horrible and hard to hear when they try to use it to talk to me on the phone.

Really??? My Nokia speakerphone works great. It even sounds better than the speakerphone in my office.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont have one. I do hate folks who walk up to you and start talking to you then in the middle of the converstaion they are talking to someone else on the headset and they walk off. One of the very few things in life that makes me want to smack someone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]

At one time I thought earpieces were stupid and the people who wore them were even worse.
Now, I'm in sales and my livelyhood depends on a phone.  Appointment setup, samples, quotes, etc...

Now, I don't care.  I use it for work and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really??? My Nokia speakerphone works great. It even sounds better than the speakerphone in my office.

Every Motorala phone with Nextel service I've owned the speakerphone works GREEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Nokia 6620 and a Motorola H500 headset. I can hear everything fine, even with the phone at one corner of the house, and me with the headset at the other corner. People on the other side seem to have problems hearing me sometimes, though. It's strange - I call someone with it, and no complaints. Then I call someone else 5 minutes later, and they can't seem to hear a thing I say. That seems to be pretty rare, though.

The other thing is, while it's nice to talk on, I don't like to just wear it all day, and it's a pain to fish it out when a call comes in or connect it while talking. So I mostly use it while driving or before placing long calls.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I use a Motorola V710 w/H700 headset. Great on a bike (going slow) or driving. I get reception in the basement of the hospital I work in. Folks get use to it. I forget its there, like a watch.

The new Motorola H5 is smaller, almost like a hearing aid.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I love my Motorola H700 with my RAZR.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been trying to talk myself out of a pair of Oakley Razr Wires ever since I got my Razr.....

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I like my Motorola headset.  I use it while driving and it is much better than holding the stupid phone.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
These stupid things seem to be some kind of fashion statement with all the young wanna-be pimps. We have guys at my school that wear them all day long, even in class where they won't be taking any phone calls. They must think they look cool.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've been trying to talk myself out of a pair of Oakley Razr Wires ever since I got my Razr.....

mi.oakley.com/site/media/cache/42efcf7ae23ec.png_0_0_0.jpg

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top