Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/6/2006 12:18:07 PM EDT
I put a post up asking what people had experienced using Wolf ammo. Well it got locked and they said to look at the tacked topics at the top of the page. What does that mean?

Why did people respond like I was the biggest jerk for aking this?

Everyone is not an ammo expert and I can see that I must of asked a dumbquestion. I must be dumb then. I don't think I even want to be part of this site anymore because why would my post get locked for asking a question about ammo. I think the mods are out of line on that one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
klassic I know it has been a bumpy start but welcome to the site, I have not been around long either but I can tell you I have never seen a question posted here not get answered. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here so stick around.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Internet commandos here that like to troll around and ruin threads.
There is a guy that posts here from China, his screen name is tiengulden, a few closeminded people gave him a really hard time but the guy took it like a champ and he is still around. Here are some links to his threads they are really interesting.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=444615

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=443987

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I told you to fuck off because everytime I look at my Ims there is another rude one from you in there. I am not going to paste eveyrhing you said since i have better things to do.

Now please leave my post so I can try to learn something.

www.kevinholman.com/fun/go_try_this.jpg

Awww...

That's our little nurturer!  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Things you will learn about this site:

1) Wolf ammo is a very sensitive topic and tends to incite contraversy. Threads have been locked because of people arguing about Wolf ammo when it becomes personal. I don't know why, but people tend to get all worked up and start calling each other names when Wolf ammo is involved. Therefore, you should be careful about starting conversations about Wolf. READ first, then ask. Rule of thumb.

2) 99% of everyone on this site swears by the Ammo Oracle. The Ammo Oracle is THE ammunition bible. Read it. Become familiar with it. You will hear about it often.

3) Use the search feature. However....the search feature is not very robust. I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear people complaining about someone not using the search feature. Unfortunately for you, the new person, this is not evident until after you have been raked over the coals for not using it. You will then use the search and realize it is only somewhat helpful. You will then resort to posting questions instead of using the search feature because you generally get a quicker answer that way. You will not have access to the forum archives (and thus will not be able to search them) unless you become a paying member.

4) People get irritated when the same question comes up every day. Unfortunately for you, the new guy, you asked a question that comes up every other day. See, the problem is, people are already worked up and irritated from last week's Wolf discussion so reintroducing it this week was a bad idea, unbeknownst to you. See item 1 above.

5) Everyone knows everything about everything - except you. Just learn to deal with that. Don't take it personally.

6) IBTL is an acronym. It means In Before The Lock. When you see people posting this you know something has gone awry in the thread. Most likely, someone violated the Code of Conduct or made a personal insult.

So when someone says "IBTL", what that means is that they have posted some text to this topic before it becomes locked by a moderator, based on their prediction that the thread will become locked. They therefore will be able to keep track of the thread even after it has been locked.

7) Tag. What you don't know as a new member to this site is that the paying members have a thing called Tag. Whenever a paying member posts any kind of text to a thread, the thread is automatically "tagged" and saved in their active topics list.

As a non-paying member you will have no idea WTF tag means. You will be wondering why in the hell people post a message saying nothing more than "tag".  "Tagging" allows paying members to keep track of topics without having to subscribe to them. When a paying member types in a tag message, it is like putting that thread in their favorites menu. As a non-paying member you will have to resort to using the Subscribe feature to save threads of interest.

8) Be sure to read Acronyms and Abbreviations. You will hear many acronyms on this site.  For example, IBTL for In Before The Lock, or YMMV for Your Mileage May Vary. Additionally, there is a lot of good information to learn about gun stuff in the acronym section. You will learn things such as VFG for Verticle Foregrip, or BUIS for Backup Iron Site. Read the rest of them. These are critical for you to know so that you will be able to read and interpret conversation on ARFCOM (ar15.com).

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

8) Be sure to read Acronyms and Abbreviations. You will hear many acronyms on this site.  For example, IBTL for In Before The Lock, or YMMV for Your Mileage May Vary. Additionally, there is a lot of good information to learn about gun stuff in the acronym section. You will learn things such as VFG for Verticle Foregrip, or BUIS for Backup Iron Site Sight. Read the rest of them. These are critical for you to know so that you will be able to read and interpret conversation on ARFCOM (ar15.com).

And then there is grammar/spelling nazi's that feel compeled to edit your posts for errors  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

8) Be sure to read Acronyms and Abbreviations. You will hear many acronyms on this site.  For example, IBTL for In Before The Lock, or YMMV for Your Mileage May Vary. Additionally, there is a lot of good information to learn about gun stuff in the acronym section. You will learn things such as VFG for Verticle Foregrip, or BUIS for Backup Iron Site Sight. Read the rest of them. These are critical for you to know so that you will be able to read and interpret conversation on ARFCOM (ar15.com).

And then there is are grammar/spelling nazi's that feel compeled to edit your posts for errors  

See what I mean? Wolf discussions always bring out the dark side.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man you guys are out of line. I forgot the internet brings out all the pussies so you can talk shit because in real life you get beat up.I am tired of not knowing exactly how to use this website and  jerks like you guys jumping my case about it.

Oh Snap!  We have a BILLY BAD ASS on our hands!

FWIW, Klassik.  When I first got here years ago, I did a lot of READING, and very little POSTING.  That way I didn't make a fool of myself with the guys who knew lots of stuff.

YMMV!

+1.  I spent a couple of years lurking here before I joined.  I browsed the forums, read the tacked threads, the ammo oracle was a great read etc.  I even have the oracle and other must read info saved as a Word Document in case my internet goes down or I need to print it out for someone at the range that doesn't have internet access
A few guys here are a little over critical but they keep things interesting.  Once in awhile I will ask a dumb question and get the same replies you did.  Lighten up Klassik and enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I post this in the sincerest form of trying to help you learn your way around this site.  For future reference:

Above all, when some gives you a hard time on an internet forum......... for posting about Wolf ammo.......

Dont cry when your thread is locked.
Dont promise to "fuck them up"
Dont IM them and call them assholes.
Dont promise to "knock their teeth out."
Dont call them bitches.
Dont call them jerkoffs.
Dont get angry.
Dont tell them to fuck off.
Dont call them fat and lonely.

Just let it go man.  Just let it go.

Welcome to arfcom.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Wolf ammo is fine for plinking.
It is not adequate for self-defense - it does not have enough velocity to be effective.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And then there is are grammar/spelling nazi's that feel compeled to edit your posts for errors  

Damn it.  Every time I catch one I make one (or two)!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just not that good a Nazi,are you?

No, I guess not.  I just mostly get attacked by them.  I type horribly and I will readily admit it.  In a heated discussion somebody, at some point WILL call out my spelling.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#16]
What was the gun Al Pacino used in Heat?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Things you will learn about this site:

1) Wolf ammo is a very sensitive topic and tends to incite contraversy. Threads have been locked because of people arguing about Wolf ammo when it becomes personal. I don't know why, but people tend to get all worked up and start calling each other names when Wolf ammo is involved. Therefore, you should be careful about starting conversations about Wolf. READ first, then ask. Rule of thumb.

2) 99% of everyone on this site swears by the Ammo Oracle. The Ammo Oracle is THE ammunition bible. Read it. Become familiar with it. You will hear about it often.

3) Use the search feature. However....the search feature is not very robust. I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear people complaining about someone not using the search feature. Unfortunately for you, the new person, this is not evident until after you have been raked over the coals for not using it. You will then use the search and realize it is only somewhat helpful. You will then resort to posting questions instead of using the search feature because you generally get a quicker answer that way. You will not have access to the forum archives (and thus will not be able to search them) unless you become a paying member.

4) People get irritated when the same question comes up every day. Unfortunately for you, the new guy, you asked a question that comes up every other day. See, the problem is, people are already worked up and irritated from last week's Wolf discussion so reintroducing it this week was a bad idea, unbeknownst to you. See item 1 above.

5) Everyone knows everything about everything - except you. Just learn to deal with that. Don't take it personally.

6) IBTL is an acronym. It means In Before The Lock. When you see people posting this you know something has gone awry in the thread. Most likely, someone violated the Code of Conduct or made a personal insult.

So when someone says "IBTL", what that means is that they have posted some text to this topic before it becomes locked by a moderator, based on their prediction that the thread will become locked. They therefore will be able to keep track of the thread even after it has been locked.

7) Tag. What you don't know as a new member to this site is that the paying members have a thing called Tag. Whenever a paying member posts any kind of text to a thread, the thread is automatically "tagged" and saved in their active topics list.

As a non-paying member you will have no idea WTF tag means. You will be wondering why in the hell people post a message saying nothing more than "tag".  "Tagging" allows paying members to keep track of topics without having to subscribe to them. When a paying member types in a tag message, it is like putting that thread in their favorites menu. As a non-paying member you will have to resort to using the Subscribe feature to save threads of interest.

8) Be sure to read Acronyms and Abbreviations. You will hear many acronyms on this site.  For example, IBTL for In Before The Lock, or YMMV for Your Mileage May Vary. Additionally, there is a lot of good information to learn about gun stuff in the acronym section. You will learn things such as VFG for Verticle Foregrip, or BUIS for Backup Iron Site. Read the rest of them. These are critical for you to know so that you will be able to read and interpret conversation on ARFCOM (ar15.com).

Great INFO
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
klassik-When I first found AR15.com I asked some similar questions about Wolf and was told numerous horror stories by members here about it jamming up guns, breaking extractors etc.

However I also talked to one of the guys who worked at Wolf.

I started shooting wolf in a number of guns, pistols, ARs and AKs; and had none of the problems that the "internet experts" told me I would have.

While I do not doubt that some people have problems with this ammo, a lot of what is posted here about it comes from people with little to no experience actually using the ammo. They just repeat phrases they heard here, like parrots "Would you use 87 octane in a porsche?" The AR15 was designed around brass cased ammo while AKs were designed around steel cased ammo" etc these are just phrases that get repeated over and over but are meaningless.

"Never use Wolf in a carbine class, it will jam up your gun and hold up the class" The fact that I actually used Wolf in a carbine class and had no problems, over that I have fired thousands and throusands of rounds without any problems makes little difference to those who have an opinion, but without any facts or experience to back it up.

Try some Wolf in your gun and see how it works. It is not the most accurate ammunition in the world. It is dirty, somewhat underpowered and probably varies in velocity more than some other ammunition, but for plinking, close range shooting and general carbine type practice (v. cmp style target shooting) I have used Wolf for years without any problems.

+1
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Oh cry me a fuckin' river mary.  Grow some skin or get the fuck out.

You mean dickheads like this?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Man you guys are out of line. I forgot the internet brings out all the pussies so you can talk shit because in real life you get beat up.I am tired of not knowing exactly how to use this website and  jerks like you guys jumping my case about it.

Too true!!! Its no wonder the libs want to take everyones guns. A couple days on this site and you realize you wouldnt want half these pussies with guns either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Guys, I thought we was all family on AR15.com, Whey did some of us have to answer with smart remarks instead of just not answering if we had nothing nice to say.

This was a needless argument. the guy was new, asked a question, all we needed to say was "Hey bro welcome to the forum, try doing a search and see what you find, enjoy your stay" I remember i was treated in this fashion when I first arrived.

But I figured everyone on the site couldnt all be jerks so I continued to log on. Why do we have to get so angry because he asked a commonly asked question.

And to the original poster, you are gonna get attitude here sometimes even when you ask an uncommon question, some people on here are grumpy old men/women and this reflects in some of their post. just do like I do, ignore these peoples and move on to the helpfull post that are left on your thread.

Lighten up boys and girls.

Your only part of the faminly if you pay the $25 to become a "Team" Member. All us 2nd rate"members" can act like grunts trying to join a frat or something. If you learn that you wont have any problems on this site. Remember members, just act like a second rate grunt till you pay up and you will be fine. Klassics only mistake was thinking he was part of the family.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Wolf ammo is fine for plinking.
It is not adequate for self-defense - it does not have enough velocity to be effective.

Yea so instead of airsoft  and paintball I let me kids shoot the wolf in the backyard.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of that, I remember you from your last account here.

Bye

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try some Wolf in your gun and see how it works. It is not the most accurate ammunition in the world. It is dirty, somewhat underpowered and probably varies in velocity

Yes,but you can say the same thing about some of your friends!

You forgot to tell them that you cut down one of my trees with your Wolf ammo

BTW,what octane gas do you use in YOUR Porsche?

Hmmmmmm  

Can someone ban this clown (for the children?)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
-snip-
This was a needless argument.
-snip-

Not needless at all!  It entertained the shit out of us!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#27]
**sniff**

I got called a dickhead today!

**sniff**

You people love me!  You really love me!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#28]
wow i thought this would have been trashed by now

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody has aspirations, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I put a post up asking what people had experienced using Wolf ammo. Well it got locked and they said to look at the tacked topics at the top of the page. What does that mean?

Everyone is not an ammo expert and I can see that I must of asked a dumbquestion. I must be dumb then. I don't think I even want to be part of this site anymore because why would my post get locked for asking a question about ammo. I think the mods are out of line on that one.

You've had 93 posts and don't know what a tacked thread is?  Did someone else make these posts for you?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#31]
DELETE  DELETE
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
DELETE  DELETE

IBTL

This is not about ammo this is about whining.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of that, I remember you from your last account here.

Bye

Does the Bye mean Aimless is saying good-bye?
Oh, nice!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I hate these GD threads.....

Oh wait..  this is the Ammuntion Forum
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I hate these GD threads.....

Oh wait..  this is the Ammuntion Forum

Good point!

Since it isnt getting locked, can it be moved to GD?  It would be more appropriate.

I think the other mods are just too fearful to mess with any thread once Big Ed starts posting in it.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#38]
What did people do before the internet told them what to think?

Step 1.  Ask yourself (and answer):  Is my AR brand new?  If yes, do I realize that new ARs have a 'break-in' period?  If no, does it function reliably NOW before I shoot Wolf.  If its brand new, realize it may not function 100% until "broken in' and that SOME have found that is best done with brass, cased ammo.

Buy 500 rounds of Wolf.  Clean your AR and lube it properly.   Make sure your magazines seat and feed properly.  Go to the range.  Load Wolf.  Shoot Wolf.  Keep AR lubed.  See what YOUR results are.  Form your OWN opinion based on experience.

Hint: 90% of malfunctions with semiautomatic arms are magazine (MAGAZINE) related.

When I build a new AR, I go to the range and put 8-900 rounds through it just to "break it in".  I don't worry about reliability issues until then, unless its something obvious.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There are ALOT of OLD MEMBERS here at AR15.com who have no TOLERANCE for New Guys!
Im not one of them! And do think we should Cut them Some Slack!

This is a place to LEARN you are right!

You should always look  at the above Tacked threads also

I hope you enjoy your AR15?

And I find Wolf 223 ammo GREAT for FUN and there WOLF M193 is VERY ACCURATE and Clean burning! I have shot lots of this ammo out of a Bushmaster 14.7 A1 Shorty and a LMT M4 type 14.5
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You Go
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Obviously you are fat and lonely so I am going elsewhere.

nope, I am
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/dupe.jpg

SHIT thats what I thought all you guys looked like?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I do take them well it was just to much when all i wanted to do was learn. There is a time and a place you know.

This guy wont stop IM'ing me telling me to fuck off and die.

It's priceless!

www.kevinholman.com/fun/boy_plane.jpg

GREAT PICTURE!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:07:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Look man, not only did you ask a question that could have easily been answered by reading the tacked topics.  I answered your question in the thread.  With the correct answer.

Anything else would have been a repeat of all the other thrashing of the topic anyway.

And all of you newbies who bitch about this place, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Alright guys,enough pissing entries in this contest.Nobody won.

Try to teach, rather than scald the new member.

The fact he asked means he doesn't know and wants to learn.His not searching for past similar topicts only means lack of familiarity with the site.

Please,let it go.....on both sides.

Thank you

I FULLY AGREE!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#46]
klassik

this is a tack at the top of all the different forums they have tacked treads or topics. you should read them completely or at least skim them for content. then if you are looking to find something click the search tab search and look for key words like "wolf" "colt" "heat" etc.

unless you are a blabber mouth you should only post something new if you have something interesting to say. most of the time if you start by talking trash you will get trashed.  take it easy and since you are  new hang out in the background and snoop aound for awhile. save the "you guys are the ghey" for other forums.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Oh Snap!  We have a BILLY BAD ASS on our hands!

FWIW, Klassik.  When I first got here years ago, I did a lot of READING, and very little POSTING.  That way I didn't make a fool of myself with the guys who knew lots of stuff.

YMMV!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#48]
OKAY DROP IT!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#49]
I have had no problems with anyone on this site dude.  And I have only been on it for a few weeks.  I played smart and READ the topics and RESEACHED a bit BEFORE I asked general questions.  That is why there are pinned topics in each area.  Calm down and READ a little and you will learn something.

By the way I love this site.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#50]
OK dropped
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top