Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:03:17 AM EDT
Muslims set Bible ablaze

MULTAN, Pakistan – The burning of a Bible and other religious texts by four Muslim men in the Tibba Shomali area of Multan district in Pakistan has prompted more than 1,500 Christians to stage a protest.

Four men were caught Tuesday evening while burning the Bible, calendars depicting Jesus Christ and other Christian booklets, reports the Pakistan-based Daily Times.

“We caught four people – Hafiz Islam, Hafiz Abid, Rana Abdul Ghaffar and Rana Abdul Jabbar – burning our sacred books and literature on a heap of garbage on Tuesday evening," Pakistan Christian Writers Guild President AD Sahil said, according to the Pakistan paper.

Local council member Nazim Ch Shamoon Kaiser told the Daily Times: "Two chapters of the Bible, calendars carrying portraits of Jesus Christ and booklets containing religious literature were reduced to ashes."

The councilor said a group of enraged Christian tried to attack the accused but town elders intervened to save their lives.

A former district councilor, the Daily Times said, condemned the incident but asked local Christians not to take the law into their hands.

A local Christian minister, Nathaniel Barkat, whose Protestant church was attacked by a group of unidentified people March 30, appealed to police Sunday to provide security to Christian residents of the area. The are still at large.

Along with the burning incident, five churches have been attacked in Pakistan within two months, challenging the recent claim by government official Raja Basharat, who contends there is complete harmony between Muslims and Christians in Punjab province.

Sheraz Khurram Khan is a special correspondent for Assist News Service in Pakistan
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I suppose now we can expect Christians around the world to start burning things, killing people, and blowing stuff up......

Oh....Wait......
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Who else wants to riot and loot???!!!
I need a new Minn Kota. Who's with me??
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Peeking out the window looking for rioting Christians firing rifles into the air, burning down mosques, and murdering Muslims.  None yet.  They must not have gotten the word yet.  I'll report back when I spot some.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]
When will those fucking idiots realize christians and muslims worship the same God
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I need a new Minn Kota. Who's with me??

I'll have to give the wife the M4 so she can shoot some Jews over this.......  oh wait....... maybe she should just kidnap a journalist or something.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When will those fucking idiots realize christians and muslims worship the same God

You're fucking joking right?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't have anything they like to burn or shit on, so i ate bacon mmmmmm bacon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It's just a book.  The Word is immutable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nope, they don't, read the Koran and the OT and NT and you will see that they are nowhere hear the same Deity
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a Christian.
I am very well armed.

But strangly, I don't think I will go kill people.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's just a book.  The Word is immutable.

There ya go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

When the police show up, we'll throw rocks at them.  

That always cracks me up.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not hardly.

If you really beieve that you need to do some more homework.

Yahweh and Allah are most definitely not the same!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Waiting for Pat Robertson and Billy Graham to give the secret word to start the "Christian Jihad."

Looking for my "special vest" and rock supply. Where is my dull, rusty steak knife at?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hardly.

Wrong.  Muslims believe in the same Judaic God.  They believe that Jesus and Abraham (and others) were prophets of God.  They don't believe Jesus was a deity (like the Jews) and they believe Mohammad was God's last prophet and that the Qur'an is the word of God.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hardly.

Please "splain" to me the difference? In the Koran Moses, Jesus are prophets same as Mohamed. I always thought that it was the same God just a different messenger that was the basic difference. I do know that Islam developed a following many hundreds of years after Christianity was established. Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Matthew 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

They're gonna have to try harder than that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wrong.  Muslims believe in the same Judaic God.  They believe that Jesus and Abraham (and others) were prophets of God.  They don't believe Jesus was a deity (like the Jews) and they believe Mohammad was God's last prophet and that the Qur'an is the word of God.

You guys crack me up.

You are so ignorant, but yet so sure of yourselves.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys crack me up.

You are so ignorant, but yet so sure of yourselves.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Anything to reinforce your claims or do you just have your head in the sand out of denial?

Read up on Islam (hint: there is no 'moon God' like Pastor Joe tells you)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Don't have anything they like to burn or shit on, so i ate bacon mmmmmm bacon.

Oooooh, I feel breakfast coming on! Bacon eggs and pancakes!!

OTOH, I have PMS and am quite well armed, so I could be persuaded to shoot at some stuff given enough chocolate incentive.

J/K
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Anything to reinforce your claims or do you just have your head in the sand out of denial?

Read up on Islam (hint: there is no 'moon God' like Pastor Joe tells you)

You're so wise.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Old_Painless, I am for sure glad that I know there are some Men who are reading the same page, from the same Book as we are.
I don't even want to get started; thanks for your most important post regarding this topic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#24]
And here I thought you Christians understood the difference between yourselves and other religions:

"Muslims believe that God (or, in Arabic, Allāh; also in Aramaic Alaha) revealed his direct word for humanity to Muhammad (c. 570–632) and earlier prophets, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. Muslims believe that Muhammad is the Last, or the Seal, of the prophets and that his teachings for humanity will last until Qiyamah (The Day of the Resurrection). Muslims assert that the main written record of revelation to humanity is the Qur'an (see below), which they believe to be flawless, immutable, and the final revelation of God to humanity. Muslims believe that parts of the Gospels, Torah and Jewish prophetic books have been forgotten, misinterpreted, incorrectly edited by humans, or distorted by their followers and thus their original message has been corrupted over time (tahrif). With that perspective, Muslims view the Qur'an as a correction of Jewish and Christian scriptures, and a final revelation.

Muslims hold that Islam is essentially the same belief as that of all the messengers sent by God to humanity since Adam, with the Qur'an (the text used by all sects of the Muslim faith) codifying the final revelation of God. Islamic texts depict Judaism and Christianity as derivations of the teachings of Abraham and thus acknowledge common Abrahamic roots. The Qur'an calls Jews and Christians (and sometimes people of other faiths) "People of the Book." Historically, the second Caliph Umar ibn Khattab created what came to be known as "the Pact of Umar" in establishing that any people of the book who submitted to Muslim authority as dhimmis during the wars of Muslim expansion retained their freedom of religion and their existing churches."

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white — except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: Do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.”
-Mohammad

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Where are the peaceful muslims that are tolerant of others religious beliefs?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're fucking joking right?

Not really.  Basically the same god and same story.  They just interpret it differently. (NEVERMIND)

Wrong. Muslims believe in the same Judaic God. They believe that Jesus and Abraham (and others) were prophets of God. They don't believe Jesus was a deity (like the Jews) and they believe Mohammad was God's last prophet and that the Qur'an is the word of God.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I knew the Koran I bought as a joke would come in handy some day.

I had to have a serious word with myself...
When I found myself checking fleabay for a cheap copy of the Koran just for burning.

Wife thought I was mad.....don't you dare post pics of you burning the Koran on the web

what harm could it do?

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
And here I thought you Christians understood the difference between yourselves and other religions:

We do.  It is you that don't know what you are talking about, as usual.

Allah is the God of Islam.  He is nothing at all like the God of Christianity and Judism.

Muslims say that their God is the same as ours, but they are liars.  Allah is indeed their name for a Moon god that was worshiped by muslims before Mohammad had his "revelation" from demons.  He wrote the Koran, based upon the false information "revealed" to him by demons.

The God of Christians has absolutely nothing in common with Allah.  The two are as different as can be.

Your quoting from Islamic propaganda does not impress.  I could not care less what Muslims think about their god and my God.

Don't much care what you think either, as a matter of fact.  But I get weary of people like you, that don't know what you are talking about, spreading false information about the God of Christianity.

And, just a word of caution.....He doesn't like it either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
same god or not the same god... all the same bullshit.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allah is the God of Islam.  He is nothing at all like the God of Christianity and Judism.

Muslims say that their God is the same as ours, but they are liars.  Allah is indeed their name for a Moon god that was worshiped by muslims before Mohammad had his "revelation" from demons.  He wrote the Koran, based upon the false information "revealed" to him by demons.

The God of Christians has absolutely nothing in common with Allah.  The two are as different as can be.

Your quoting from Islamic propaganda does not impress.  I could not care less what Muslims think about their god and my God.

Don't much care what you think either, as a matter of fact.  But I get weary of people like you, that don't know what you are talking about, spreading false information about the God of Christianity.

You are in denial and I doubt you'd open a Koran or encyclopedia to correct yourself so there isn't much to say to a person such as yourself.   These are not my opinions so incidentally it does not matter if you care what I think.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Islam is a blood cult. Not a religion.  Well, I guess a blood cult can be a religion.

Either way.  They are stuck in the 13th century.

Yes yes yes, I know Christianity and Judiasm etc...have also killed in the name of God.......but that was hundreds of years ago.  We dont do it anymore. Especially in an organized way.

What if we decided to?  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are in denial and I doubt you'd open a Koran or encyclopedia to correct yourself so there isn't much to say to a person such as yourself.   These are not my opinions so incidentally it does not matter if you care what I think.

Sounds like the typical line from muslim apologists...tell us how its the Religion of Peace (tm) while your at it....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Just checking in...... it's been crazy all morning!

Been rioting and burning pakistani flags all morning, going looting after lunch.
I think the quick-E-mart will be a good target, a indian/pakistani/afghani/some-not-christian runs it, so I can get revenge there! I mean, he is after all responsible!
One other guy was with me, but he had to run some errands for his wife, so I'm on my own now!

I allready called the Sheriff's office, and told them to leave us alone, that we were on a holy mission defending the written word of the good lord. They fully understood, as long as we keep it peaceful.

J/K
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP, do you not find it odd that the name Jesus appears no where but the New Testament and the Koran?

The name of Jesus does not appear in the Christian "Old Testament" or in the Torah.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sounds like the typical line from muslim apologists...tell us how its the Religion of Peace (tm) while your at it....

I detest these radical killers as much as the next guy, but getting your information about Islam from Sunday School and Osama bin Laden is about as useful as learning the Bible from Fred Phelps and your local Hindu temple.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

OP, do you not find it odd that the name Jesus appears no where but the New Testament and the Koran?

No, not at all.

The New Testament was written to reveal Jesus as the Messiah.

And I don't really care what is in the Koran.

The name of Jesus does not appear in the Christian "Old Testament" or in the Torah.

Of course not.  Jesus had not been revealed as the Messiah in the Old Testament.

However, the Old Testament is just full of prophsies about His coming.

I realize that you do not believe in Jesus.  There is no reason for us to argue about that.

But surely you do not believe that God and Allah are the "same".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#37]
At least they didn't try to flush the bible down the toilet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Been rioting and burning pakistani flags all morning, going looting after lunch.
I think the quick-E-mart will be a good target, a indian/pakistani/afghani/some-not-christian runs it, so I can get revenge there! I mean, he is after all responsible!
One other guy was with me, but he had to run some errands for his wife, so I'm on my own now!

I allready called the Sheriff's office, and told them to leave us alone, that we were on a holy mission defending the written word of the good lord. They fully understood, as long as we keep it peaceful.

J/K

Don't forget to burn down an embassy or two! Have fun!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I detest these radical killers as much as the next guy, but getting your information about Islam from Sunday School and Osama bin Laden is about as useful as learning the Bible from Fred Phelps and your local Hindu temple.

I don't know, from what I have learned about islam...I just don't see allah being the same as God, despite what muslims say....

And regardless of whether that actually is true or not...they sure as shit don't act like they believe in the same God.....

Plus as has been said many a time....I really learned everything I need to know about islam on 9/11 and since. Their actions have spoke volumes....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Let me see if I’ve got this….

You want me to believe in your definition of the Christian God that you don’t even believe in AND your definition of the Muslim god that you also don’t believe in and think we are ignorant when we don’t.

That’s a good one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#41]
One could argue that they are the same "deity" and one could argue that they aren't.  The Jews and Muslims come from the same group of people.  At one time, they were the same religion.  After Abraham, they split.  The 12 tribes of Israel become the Jews, those who weren't included became the Palestinians and eventually, after Mohammed, the Islamists.  If you go back far enough, both religions worship the same god.  After a couple thousand years, translation, separation, oppression and many, many other variables have differentiated the two religions greatly and now God and Allah appear to be two completely different deities.  Most Muslims believe in Jesus and that he was a powerful prophet, just that Mohammed was even more powerful and led the arabic people more directly.  

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#42]
From the March 28 Asia Times- read it all at the link (the blue text).

Emphasis is obviously added.

The tragedy of Abdul Rahman also is the tragedy of Western religion. Islam differs radically from Christianity, in that the Christian god is a lover who demands love in return, whereas the Muslim god is a sovereign who demands the fulfillment of duty. Christian prayer is communion, an act of love incomprehensible to Muslims; Muslim worship is an act of submission, the repetition of a few lines of text to accompany physical expression of self-subjugation to the sovereign. The People of Christ are pilgrims en route to the next world; the People of Allah are soldiers in this one. Contrary to all the ink spilled and trees murdered to produce the tomes of Karen Armstrong and John Esposito, Christianity and Islam call forth different peoples to serve different gods for different reasons.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:12:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want me to believe in your definition of the Christian God that you don’t even believe in AND your definition of the Muslim god that you also don’t believe in and think we are ignorant when we don’t.

That’s a good one.

No you haven't 'got this'.  These are not my definitions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]
i like pie bacon!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/K

Don't forget to burn down an embassy or two! Have fun!

Yeah, that was the original idea, but we don't have any around here, so I igured the quick-E-Mart would do
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That’s a good one.

+1...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
From the March 28 Asia Times- read it all at the link (the blue text).

Emphasis is obviously added.

The tragedy of Abdul Rahman also is the tragedy of Western religion. Islam differs radically from Christianity, in that the Christian god is a lover who demands love in return, whereas the Muslim god is a sovereign who demands the fulfillment of duty. Christian prayer is communion, an act of love incomprehensible to Muslims; Muslim worship is an act of submission, the repetition of a few lines of text to accompany physical expression of self-subjugation to the sovereign. The People of Christ are pilgrims en route to the next world; the People of Allah are soldiers in this one. Contrary to all the ink spilled and trees murdered to produce the tomes of Karen Armstrong and John Esposito, Christianity and Islam call forth different peoples to serve different gods for different reasons.

Another nugget of wisdom from ODA_564....and one that eloquently explains the differences....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Cut their heads off
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#50]
So what. My God is not the God of Islam and he doesn't need  men to meet out his vengence. They will answer to him not me.

The Koran says "produce one chapter like it" Well God and Jesus appeared to a young man in 1820. They never mentioned Allah, and gave the man a book that told more about Jesus. Another witness of Jesus Christ. The boy was a prophet and superceeded Muhamad. He left a line of prophets to this day. This was to establish Christ's Church one last time. All Muslims must read the Book of Mormon now because the Koran put out the challenge and God answered. If the Koran is right then the book must be read by all Islam to determine it's truth.

The Book of Mormon never mentioned Muhamad so I guess Islam is not a true religion. Book to book there is much more in the Book of Mormon relating to mans purpose and the purpose of Christ and living a good life than the Koran can come close to. It also proves the Bible true in claiming the divinity of Jesus. Old testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon and latter day revelation trump your Koran.

Let her rip boys!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top