Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 1:46:43 AM EDT
I sent another member a upper on Tuesday. I sent it 3 day select through ups figuring he would get it by Friday. Ok so I look at the tracking results & it says he wont get it until Monday so 6 days instead of 3 wtf. I'm in Oho & I shipped it to Oklahoma but now the package is in Texas so they passed up where it should have gone They must have a real bunch of screw heads working at UPS Maybe they'll ship it to china next before they decide to send it where its supposed to go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
[Junkyard Willie] You should have sent it sooner. [/Junkyard Willie]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The UPS "Hub" might be in Texas, just the way it works. Imagine many bycycle wheels all over the country, with the spokes branching out. The Hubs are the larger buildings and then there are smaller buildings around areas that get alot of stuff but are too far from the hubs(think 1 hour drive) 3day select from Ohio will make it to Ok in 3 days, it will be sent with the regular ground shipments because it will make service that way and they don't have to spend the money to fly it. The 3 day select will make it in three days, every time it is unlaoded off a truck and sorted, it happens alot more than you would think for a box going across a couple states, all the "airs" are sorted so they will make service, if it will make it ground it will still go ground, if not off to the airport it will go. I have even seen supervisors drive packages to the airport that missed the truck going to the airport. Check the tracking again tomorrow it should be updated with a better date. Hope that makes you feel a little bit better. BTW I worked as a sorter at UPS in Middleburg OH for almost 7 years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't count weekends, only business days.  UPS, Fedex and the post office like working weekends as much as you or me.  You also do not count the day you had it picked up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:56:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Fixed.

Quoted:
I sent another member a upper on Tuesday. I sent it 3 day select through ups figuring he would get it by Friday. Ok so I look at the tracking results & it says he wont get it until Monday so 4 days instead of 3 wtf. I'm in Oho & I shipped it to Oklahoma but now the package is in Texas so they passed up where it should have gone They must have a real bunch of screw heads working at UPS Maybe they'll ship it to china next before they decide to send it where its supposed to go.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fixed.

Quoted:
I sent another member a upper on Tuesday. I sent it 3 day select through ups figuring he would get it by Friday. Ok so I look at the tracking results & it says he wont get it until Monday so 4 days instead of 3 wtf. I'm in Oho & I shipped it to Oklahoma but now the package is in Texas so they passed up where it should have gone They must have a real bunch of screw heads working at UPS Maybe they'll ship it to china next before they decide to send it where its supposed to go.

how are you getting 4?

If I sent it Tuesday using 3 day select that would be Wednesday - Friday 3 days oops ups fucked up again now its not gonna get there until Monday so tack 3 more days onto the original 3. So where are you getting this 4 from? I'm AM counting the weekend days because trust me buddy a day is a day no matter how you look at it. I wouldn't have paid extra for 3 day shipping if I knew they couldn't get it there on time in the first place.

I just looked at that tracking again & it made me cringe seeing "in transit - on time" what a f-ing joke.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fixed.

Quoted:

how are you getting 4?

If I sent it Tuesday using 3 day select that would be Wednesday - Friday 3 days oops ups fucked up again now its not gonna get there until Monday so tack 3 more days onto the original 3. So where are you getting this 4 from? I'm AM counting the weekend days because trust me buddy a day is a day no matter how you look at it. I wouldn't have paid extra for 3 day shipping if I knew they couldn't get it there on time in the first place.

I just looked at that tracking again & it made me cringe seeing "in transit - on time" what a f-ing joke.

What can Brown do for you?  Maybe they are using Undocumented Laborers now too, and they are just doing a little extra deliver down to Texas and back.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Strangely enough, I have been getting better (faster) service from USPS than from UPS for the last several months.

Items ordered on the same day from different companies in the same part of the country arrive 2 to 3 days later when shipped UPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top