Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:35 PM EDT
the actual border is owned by the US, right?

what about a wall on the private land ADJACENT to the border?

not a wall on the border, but a wall on the private land next to the border?

FINANCIAL issues aside, would this work?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Pretty sure it would. Your land you can fence it anyway you want.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  You can build any kind of building you want on your land.  Just prepared to be sued after some illegal aliens hurt themselves trying to get over the embedded glass shards.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  You can build any kind of building you want on your land.  Just prepared to be sued after some illegal aliens hurt themselves trying to get over the embedded glass shards.

No sueing envolved... Aotumated sentry guns.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It wouldn't be any good if you couldn't patrol it.  And I believe it has allready been shown that US Citizens are not allowed to keep them off of their own land.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess you could rent a backhoe and dig a huge freakin trench.

Don't forget the sharp spikes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Here's what you do.

Wall, 10 foot (they can probably get over that)

Water filled trench. 15 foot deep all the way across, 10 yards wide.

Wall, 20 foot tall.

Sign on 20 foot wall: DANGER SWIM AT OWN RISK NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.

tada.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's what you do.

Wall, 20 foot tall.

tada.

TOUCHE'.......But.....we'll need sharks with lasers on their heads too
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#8]
too bad non of this will ever happen.

we just need a section of land that is 1/4 mile wide, and is the length of the border long, and is filled with razor wire. lots of razor wire.

and mines.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Nah, then they could just tunnel under.

The real solution is screamers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's what you do.

Wall, 20 foot tall.

tada.

TOUCHE'.......But.....we'll need sharks with lasers on their heads too

can't use sharks... you'll have to go with seabass
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Maginot Line? Great Wall of China?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nah, then they could just tunnel under.

The real solution is screamers.

BAM!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How much would it cost DD wise to put mines on your own property?

A veritable donkey-load.

Of course, opening the world's largest shooting range on the border might actually MAKE you some money.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Booby traps are illegal, even if they're on your own property.  I do like the wall-moat-wall idea though.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's what you do.

Wall, 20 foot tall.

tada.

The sign should read (in spanish): Danger!  Pirahna Nesting Grounds.

=)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't matter.  It would all be considered racism.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
two fences, one behnd the other with the space between the two filled with armadillos. latinos are scared  of armaldillos and wont try to get over or through the protected area.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Booby traps are illegal, even if they're on your own property.  I do like the wall-moat-wall idea though.  

We had them on the border with East Germany and certainly have them on the border with North Korea.

Those were set by the military.  It's illegal for a private citizen to do it.  I would love for our military to mine the border, but it's never going to happen.  Imagine the fallout of the first woman or child who loses a leg invading our country?  CNN will have a field day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The project would never happen - the epa would step in because it would be stopping migration of some endangered critter.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The project would never happen - the epa would step in because it would be stopping migration of some endangered critter.

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
two fences, one behnd the other with the space between the two filled with armadillos. latinos are scared  of armaldillos and wont try to get over or through the protected area.

Wrong.  There was a mexican man in corpus christi at the hospital several years ago who contracted LEPROSY from eating armadillo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Most ranchers in So. Arizona have a barbed wire fence ,  the illegals cut the wire to pass , the ranchers cattle all get loose and walk / laydown in the middle of the HWY , and cars hit them & people /cattle get hurt purty bad ,      there is nothing like driving 75 MPH at night and having 15-30 cattle in the middle of the road (  thank you illegals)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Reinforced concrete wall...80 feet below the surface, 50 feet tall, 10 feet thick. Prison style razor wire on top and turrets every 1000 feet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
too bad non of this will ever happen.

we just need a section of land that is 1/4 mile wide, and is the length of the border long, and is filled with razor wire. lots of razor wire.

and mines.

Amen, I would go for a 1/2 mile to a mile. Clear it of vegetation and rake it relatively smooth. The bare ground on the southern border would make a great backdrop for a Predator with FLIR.

They could tunnel but I would imagine a couple of hundred sensors are cheaper than a wall. Not to mention when is the last time you saw a gringo doing masonry work in South Texas?

96Ag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if you don't think that can happen, think again. Illegals can sue Americans for whatever they want. They have figured out how to use our government system like no other class before them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There was a mexican man in corpus christi at the hospital several years ago who contracted LEPROSY from eating armadillo.

I thought only children could contract leprosy (but it can lay dormant for years before symptoms appear).
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It wouldn't be any good if you couldn't patrol it.  And I believe it has allready been shown that US Citizens are not allowed to keep them off of their own land.

If you are referring to the guy that lost his land to illegals he allegedly pistol whipped them and arrested them and then let them go

He made SEVERAL mistakes, in fact it would probably be pretty hard for anyone else to mess up as bad as he did

If you could afford it you could probably wall off your land and deal with the people that climb over your wall
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#31]
No fence, build your HOUSE the exact demensions of your land. Your house is made of a barbwire fence and two overhead wires. They enter your home, shoot them!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#32]
This is America! You fucking gringos have not right to do anything !
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No fence, build your HOUSE the exact demensions of your land. Your house is made of a barbwire fence and two overhead wires. They enter your home, shoot them!

HMMM.....castle doctrine?....I like it
A bit expensive, but very clever!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#34]
There have to be easier ways.... I'm pricing out the cost of used dry vans (those big steel shipping containers), especially the 40' ones that are 8 feet high. Placed end to end, it would take about 132 of them to create an ad hoc mile long wall.

The old roman trench and berm topped with a spiked wall might work too - the trick is to funnel them into smaller and smaller tracts of land, where you maximize surveillance and patrols....

This is why at least a partial physical barrier is absolutely essential to any mix of sensors and patrols.... because the perimeter is 1700 miles of open land and passable Rio Grande... It would take half the army to seal the border using patrols.... (you need boots on the ground to physically stop human wave assaults.... )

But by walling off 1000 miles of the easiest terrain, you automatically focus the flow into those areas where your limited manpower can be maximized.

In a sense this is like the Roman battle of Watling street in Britian - where some 10,000 legionaries held off 250,000 barbarians by focusing them into a funnel shaped battle field...

The BP did a study of a triple fence barrier system (currently runs from the Pacific to some 20 miles inland) and found it could be constructed for about $1m per mile. I think using Jersey walls as the anti-vehicle barrier and then steel or concrete wall /Bollard post + steel mesh fencing would reduce costs for a 1000 mile barrier running from the Pacific to the Rio Grande. Yes, a Maginot line, but it focuses crossings into relatively few points - tunnels sure - if you have the time and resources to tunnel half a mile (!), such as the border of Texas.

But that just makes the BPs job easier - focusing on the big gateways as well as the moated section along the Rio Grande.

But this makes too much sense which is why the government will never do it. If it cost $230b then they'd fall over each other trying to 'do it' but since we can easily build a wall across the entire frontier for a paltry $2b.... they'll never do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top