BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 7:39:47 PM EDT
Anyone else holding their breath?

Rep. Tancredo: We'll Stop the 'McKennedy' Immigration Plan
April 5, 2006
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/4/5/164007.shtml
Today on the Fox News program "Your World" with Neil Cavuto, Congressman Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., said that congress may appear divided on the immigration issue, but that there are enough votes in the Senate to kill what he calls the "McKennedy Plan" for amnesty for illegals.

He told Cavuto, "Right now, it looks like there will be no bill."

"It looks like we will have enough people in the senate to block what I call the 'McKennedy Plan' where, although they want desperately to not call it amnesty - they want to use every word in the world to get around it, to obfuscate - it is amnesty [for illegals]."

Cavuto also asked why there seems to be such divisiveness on the immigration issue, if perhaps it was because elected officials don't want to seem to be anti-Hispanic. Tancredo said that Republicans need to realize that immigration is actually a galvanizing issue.

He told Cavuto, "When you look at where America is on this issue, and the two Democratic governors in Arizona and New Mexico who have declared border emergencies - one of them sends troops to the border," and you "look at the passage of prop 200 in Arizona" that says you can't get social services if you're an illegal, "you would unite this party around an issue that America cares about; it is a uniting factor, not a dividing factor."

Cavuto asked if Tancredo had any plans to in any way legitimize the millions of illegal immigrants already in the U.S., and Tancredo replied, "Absolutely not."

"What would you do" about them, Cavuto asked?

"First of all, here's a radical proposal ... I know some people are going to suggest is just impossible ... how about enforcing the law?" he asked rhetorically.
(Hmmmmm where have I been hearing that? Heh)

"How about actually enforcing the law that today is on the books that says, 'Employer, you can't hire people who are here illegally.'

"The borders? They should be secured, we simply choose not to enforce those laws. If you enforce the law - especially with regard to employers - you immediately begin to deal with the issue of how many are here, because millions will go home," he said.

"If you cannot get a job here because you are not in this country legally ... you go home. Those that don't, you deport. Why? It's the law," Tancredo added.

Cavuto then switched gears a little, asking about a recent survey on presidential candidates: "I was interested in reading the 'St. Louis March Madness' poll that had you on top."

Tancredo laughed and said he was as surprised as anyone. Cavuto wondered if Tancredo would run for the White House, to which the border hawk replied, "There are Web sites, and people send me bumper stickers ... if no one will take up this banner, if no one will make this a central part of their campaign for president, yeah, I will do it."

"Am I looking at a presidential candidate?" Cavuto asked.

"I'll bet you ... there will be people out there trying to out-Tancredo Tancredo running for president. And if that's the case, I'm going to be knocking on doors for them."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I like this guy more and more.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
God Bless that man.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
at least there is one senator left who isnt willing to bow to the fucking libs.  i'd be willing to bet that if this guy ran on the "get the illegals out" platform he would win.  the silent majority of american CITIZENS want the illegals gone, and would come out and vote in droves for someone who promises to do it
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm stoked...I actually get to vote for a Republican I like!
I don't think that has ever happened before.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I am holding my breath

I vote Tancredo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the Guest Worker bill is DOA because big business prefers having illegal workers because they are cheaper and easier to fire.

I predict two more years of the current crap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Woohoo for him!!!!

Unfortunately though, someone that speaks the truth does not seem to be accepted in the "inner circle of trust" in the big wheel anymore.  

But....maybe there is a dim light ahead.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Tancredo is something very rare in American politics today. A Patriot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have always voiced positive support for Tancredo, even if I'm not in CO
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]
CAPITOL TOLL-FREE SWITCHBOARD: (888) 355-3588
Call Your Senators & Representatives TODAY - 24hr line.

Ask to be connected to your Senator's office.

Tell your Senator to vote NO on ANY "guest worker" plan for illegal aliens!!!

(The Republicans are working on a "compromise" bill to allow some illegals to get visas)

VOTE NO ON
ANY "GUEST-WORKER" PLAN FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

*** Stand up for the rule of law!

*** Do NOT reward law-breakers while HONEST immigrants follow the rules, pass the medical tests, pay their dues and wait patiently for years for the PRIVILEGE to work here!

*** Do NOT fall for the big lie that Americans won't work basic-skill jobs!

*** Americans DID all these jobs before there were 15 million illegal aliens working for sub-minimum wage!

*** Illegal immigrants AND the employers that hire them are keeping wages for these jobs too low and THAT is a crime against ALL low-income Americans and HONEST immigrants!

*** Defend our borders and punish law-breakers - both illegal immigrants AND those that hire them!

*** Tell your Senators that we are a nation that follows the rule of law, not the will of screaming law-breakers marching under another nation's flag!

And then Email your Senators & Representative TODAY!!!

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Locate And Contact YOUR Representative HERE.

HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER: Congressman John Boehner, R-OH

US SENATE: Locate And Contact YOUR Senators HERE.

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER: Sen. Bill Frist, R-TN

And then call & email them again tomorrow... and the next day... and every day!

THIS IS YOUR NATION THESE PEOPLE ARE GIVING AWAY!!!  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I like this Tancredo guy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like this Tancredo guy

He is so well liked out here that he runs virtually unopposed when we re-elect him. He is more than just borders; he has done a great job representing my district.

And he is pro RKBA.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy Moses. Glad I am sitting down. That's too much common sense for a politician.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
He should run for POTUS in 2008 under the Constitution Party.

I'd give him $5,000 of my hard earned money if he did.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to see you back in your Secretary of Information mode.

Tancredo has my vote whenever he decides to run for POTUS.

Thanks for posting this...I missed it.

HH
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Tancredo is next on the hit list.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like this Tancredo guy

He is so well liked out here that he runs virtually unopposed when we re-elect him. He is more than just borders; he has done a great job representing my district.

And he is pro RKBA.

+1.  And he is also in favor of shrinking the size of the Federal Government.  I heard him talking to Napolitano today and he was talking about how we need to remove the social welfare incentives that are drawing illegal immigrants who just want to sponge off of american society.

If McCain is the Republican nominee for Pres, I may actually skip third party alternatives and just write-in Tom Tancredo to give him support for the next go-round.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
The sad thing is Tancredo will have to moderate himself to have any real chance in '08
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The sad thing is Tancredo will have to moderate himself to have any real chance in '08

...and isn't that a damn SHAME?

HH
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Tancredo is not a viable candidate in the GOP's eyes and he is well aware of it.
The only reason he would/will run is to force the other candidates into acknowledging certain issues (namely immigration).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think the Guest Worker bill is DOA because big business prefers having illegal workers because they are cheaper and easier to fire.

Yep. Illegal workers fuck the little guy.

It isn't that they do the work American's won't do. It's that they'll do it cheaper than an American can afford to.

There used to be US citizen farm workers out west. Many of them were immigrants, but legal ones. Then the illegals really started pouring in. The legals got fired because the illegals were cheaper.

If you like illegals, you essentially like fucking the American worker. And if you're gonna do that you should at least take your shit to a foreign country where we can at least put an import tariff on it (which nobody does anymore either. ).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top