Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 7:29:19 PM EDT
Man Sends Bomb To Doctor After Penis-Enlargement Surgery

"News4Jax.com - News - Man Sends Bomb To Doctor After Penis-Enlargement Surgery"

the link:
   http://www.news4jax.com/news/8486526/detail.html?taf=jax

THIS GUY IS CHARGED WITH DELIVERING A WEAPON OF MASS
   DESTRUCTION ( NO KIDDING )

POSTED: 1:43 pm EDT April 5, 2006
   PHILADELPHIA -- A man pleaded guilty to weapons of mass destruction charges for sending a mail bomb to a Chicago surgeon he said botched his penile enlargement surgery, though his attorney questioned whether the charges fit the offense.
   Brett R. Steidler, 25, of Reamstown, Pa., mailed the explosive device in February 2005 because he was "extremely unhappy with the results" of the $8,000 surgery, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Arbittier Williams said in court filings.
   But Steidler alerted authorities before the bomb arrived and it was retrieved from the mail and disarmed. His attorney, Luis A. Ortiz, said Steidler is mentally ill and noted the difference between the roughly 2-year sentence for mailing a letter bomb and the 4- to 8-year sentence for using a weapon of mass destruction.
   "You shouldn't group this guy with people who drive truck loads of explosives to buildings or gather anthrax or do things for political reasons," Ortiz said.
   Sentencing is scheduled July 7 before U.S. District Judge Lawrence F. Stengel.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?  you mail a letter bomb and only get 2 years?  i would think you'd get a lot more for attempted murder.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

"News4Jax.com - News - Man Sends Bomb To Doctor After Penis-Enlargement Surgery"

the link:
   http://www.news4jax.com/news/8486526/detail.html?taf=jax

THIS GUY IS CHARGED WITH DELIVERING A WEAPON OF MASS
   DESTRUCTION ( NO KIDDING )

POSTED: 1:43 pm EDT April 5, 2006
   PHILADELPHIA -- A man pleaded guilty to weapons of mass destruction charges for sending a mail bomb to a Chicago surgeon he said botched his penile enlargement surgery, though his attorney questioned whether the charges fit the offense.
   Brett R. Steidler, 25, of Reamstown, Pa., mailed the explosive device in February 2005 because he was "extremely unhappy with the results" of the $8,000 surgery, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Arbittier Williams said in court filings.
   But Steidler alerted authorities before the bomb arrived and it was retrieved from the mail and disarmed. His attorney, Luis A. Ortiz, said Steidler is mentally ill and noted the difference between the roughly 2-year sentence for mailing a letter bomb and the 4- to 8-year sentence for using a weapon of mass destruction.
   "You shouldn't group this guy with people who drive truck loads of explosives to buildings or gather anthrax or do things for political reasons," Ortiz said.
   Sentencing is scheduled July 7 before U.S. District Judge Lawrence F. Stengel.

I guess no one told him that anything over 6" only comes in black
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the 4- to 8-year sentence for using a weapon of mass destruction.

WTF

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the 4- to 8-year sentence for using a weapon of mass destruction.

WTF

+1
That's what I was thinking
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]

I guess no one told him that anything over 6" only comes in black

W H A T   !  !  !  !  !   I  thought somebody just sold me a shitty ruler ...... you mean it ain't gettin and bigger ?

Who do I complain too (besides this doc) about this ?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top