Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, don't become a snob ... keep yourself honest and do a "blind" tasting once in a while. Enjoy. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i like a good cigar from time to time.  in miami you can get some good ones for respectable prices.  cohiba and romeo y juletta are good, as are arturo fuente
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a moderator at eHERF, a community for cigar smokers.  It's a great resource with some great members.  AR15.com is what got me into cigars a bit over a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Try the Onyx reserves, and if you really want a good one (and can find them) try the Fuente Hemingway series.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess you could say I am

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been known to keep a few cigars around the house as well...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/moparman71/coolers.jpg

I smoked a nice Rocky Patel and a Hemmingway a few days ago, both were damn good.  What was your last smoke?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/moparman71/coolers.jpg

I smoked a nice Rocky Patel and a Hemmingway a few days ago, both were damn good.  What was your last smoke?

I just put fire to the end of a Punch roth oscuro- one of my staples
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am just getting into cigars.  Absolutely love it.  My first humidor should arrive sometime tommorow.  I have already developed an affinity for Cohibas.

I hate cigarettes, but somehow cigars appeal to me.....then again I am smoking maybe two a week.

Anthing I need to know??  Any pitfalls to avoid??

Man, Cohibas are my favs as well. But they're too expensive to enjoy often.

I'll smoke almost anything as long as it's not something you can find behind the counter of a gas station. I'm not picky about cigars. If I'm buying something decent I'll go with a Romeo Y Julieta or Arturo Fuente. CAOs and Punch are decent.

Had a cuban Romeo Y Julieta last weekend. That was sweet.

I'm going to have to invest in a box of Cohibas soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have about 60 cigars on hand at this time.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I smoke a good one ever once in a while (read: once a year).

My wife is really into them.  She chain smokes em' more that George Burns.
And she's pregnant  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I have about 100 some odd cigars in my two humidors.  Problem is I only smoke about one a month. :)  I've actually been trying to up it to one a week.  I'm really partial to Partagas maduros.  I like the Acid and Natural lines by Drew Estate as well, though a lot of "herfers" poo poo them.

I like to get five packs of www.cigarbid.com.  It is cigarsinternational.com's auction site.  You are getting cigars from them and you can often get a really good deal if you pay attention.  Some people will auction up over what they can get off the normal site.  Don't do that.

Oh yeah, get some PPG for your humidifier.  Don't use straight distilled water as it is hard to regulate humidity, PPG puts it pretty near 70%.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#17]
last night i had enjoyed a Romeo y Julieta anniversario. great smoke. i only burn about 2 a month. i haven't tried a dominican Cohiba but after enjoying the Siglo VI i dont even want to try them. there's enough yellow and black in my humidor to keep me satisfied for a long time given how often i smoke.

to answer your question about pitfalls...dont let cigar snobbery get in the way of your enjoyment. gun fags ruin the gun hobby, wine fags try to crap on your selection...dont let cigar snobs dictate what you like. try different sticks, learn what appeals to you and go with it. its about what YOU like not about what someone on the internet says you should like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top