Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:39 PM EDT
Talk about tin foil hat material, I just had a visit with an gastro Doc due to a hiatal hernia and other stomach issues I have been having. I've already had an upper GI series and they now want to insert an RFID tag into my esophagus to measure my PH levels.

Well because this stomach crap has been such a PIA I went ahead and set up an appointment to have this procedure done. While scheduling they only gave me one appointment and said that it would monitor my Ph levels for 48hrs. Great, so when do I have it taken out? Well ,you don't ! According to the Doc the RFID tag will eventually fall off and I should pass it though my system eventually. He had no time frame on just how fast this happens.

I've googled this procedure and can't come up with any information other that a BBC article that talks about how the procedure is still experimental. Is anyone familiar with this or had it done? One thing that worries me is I work around a lot of radio freqs, I don't want to get a jolt or piss my pants and forget who I am for a half hour every time I key up my radio mic. Not to mention the whole NSA documenting every time I take a dump. Christ, I listen to way to much Coast to Coast, anyone know a tailor that can fit me for a whole body tin foil suit?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
use a knife you pussy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't do it man!! It's the mark of the beast!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They toss that idea out on every show that discusses RFID tags, I've always said to myself I would never get one. What the hell I'm I thinking? Oh well at least the Wal- Mart stock crew will know what shelf I go on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They toss that idea out on every show that discusses RFID tags, I've always said to myself I would never get one. What the hell I'm I thinking? Oh well at least the Wal- Mart stock crew will know what shelf I go on.

Just think, now everytime you leave wally world  the alarm is going to go off.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Pffffft.

For my Graves disease treatment, I had to swallow radioactive iodine.

You don't need to get nervous until the nurse brings you a capsule in a lead cup and then scurries behind a radiation barrier.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just think, now everytime you leave wally world  the alarm is going to go off.

I would Pay Money to see that!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
they normally fall off within 30 days on being tacked into place.  

Eat lots of bread to remove it sooner if you are paraniod.    You probably won't know it's there let alone that it is gone.

That being said.   Hello number 00125569898237.  I see you've been to a few places today.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they normally fall off within 30 days on being tacked into place.   Good to know

Eat lots of bread to remove it sooner if you are paraniod.    I will eat it by the loaf

That being said.   Hello number 00125569898237.  I see you've been to a few places today.
HAr HAr, I guess the same could be said to all the fools who got flu shots

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
it's one thing when THEY kidnap you and implant the chip against your will.... it's another thing when they trick you into volunteering for it!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top