Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2001 7:07:07 PM EDT
I am born,bred and raised N.Califorian and had never heard of In'N'Out up until a few years ago. I never bothered to go because the closest one that I know is in San Ramon and to far away for fast food. Because of all of the talk about In'N'Out on this site lately I decided to stop by at one off of 101 near Sausalito for my lunch brake. I AM NEVER GOING TO McD'S OR JACK IN THE CRACK AGAIN. That's it, I am officially ruined. I had a double double combo and loved every friggin' mouthfull. It has to be the freshest fast food from anywhere, hell you even see them cut up a fresh potato for your fries.

All of you who have never gone to In'N'Out, then GO.
If you don't have one in your State...then it sucks to be you.lol, just kidding

Alex  
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
In So. Cal. In n Out has been around forever. Only been up north for a few years, AFAIK.

Very good stuff!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I must be livin-large, have two by me! Try one of those $6.00 Burgers Carls has now. Got a couple the other day and they were killer...!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Carls? Never heard of it. I have a Nations and a Station One right by me though.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to In'n'out a lot when I was in SoCal with friends.  Never a big fan myself though.  Burgers were good but I hated their fries.  No where near greasy enough.  Plus it was always a long wait and the people working there seemed way to happy.  Kinda like some Stepford burger joint.  Now Tommy's, that was a burger that made a statement. (usually something like "call 911")  God they were good.

Personally I prefer Nations to In'n'Out, esp. since I work right next to one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
next time?

DOUBLE DOUBLE ANIMAL!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
heres a tip -- you can order burgers that are NOT on the menu, so next time ask for ...

-Animal Style
-4x4 (double double x2)
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I'm getting hard!

That's ok right?
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, I grew up on In-'N-Out. You NorCal guys don't know what you're missing! he he I remember when I moved up here from LA in 1980 (where they are as common as BK), the first thing I asked was, "Where in the hell do you get a burger?" Everyone suggested Nations. What a let down. Geez, greased cow ears! After 16 years up here they finally built one in San Ramon. Talk about a long wait. They're popping up really fast in the South Bay now. I guess CCC's like us are second class comsumers.

Anyway, I always get the double-double with grilled onions, fries, and a vanilla shake. That's been my combo since 1969.

Now, if they would only build one up here...
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Burgers were good but I hated their fries.  No where near greasy enough.  Plus it was always a long wait and the people working there seemed way to happy.
View Quote

I asked an In&Out employee once how much potatoes they you use, it is something like 2000lbs of potatoes per day! Each sack of potatoes weighs 100lbs. They make their french with fresh potatoes, rather than the frozen semi-cooked ones the other burger places uses.  They have one person that just peels potatoes and cut them up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]
They company is family-owned and operated.  I happened on the political scene a bit too late, but about 15 years ago, before the pres, vice-press, & sectary were killed in a plane crash, they use to contribute a lot of money various conservative and Christian causes.  But talking with some of the old-timers, they used to do the dinners with a little trailer for pro-gun conservative So. CAlif Dick Mountjoy of Arcadia, Calif.  I believe the mother still controls the company, but there are RUMOURS that she is trying to sell out.  It won't quite the same, when the chain is run by a big money big corp, where the bottom line is make as much money as cheaply as possible.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Animal Style includes pickles, grilled onions, and it's extra messy.[:P]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The $6 burger is pretty good, had one today for the first time.

But it aint a Double Western.

Good god... Carals Jr... yummy!!

Double Western: Bun, two meat patties, two slices of cheese, onion rings, bacon, BBQ sauce.

Get the seasoned criss cut fries dipped in ranch dressing washed down with a large Dr. Pepper and you'll have a clogged heart passage in no time. But god damn is it good... :)
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#16]
It must be great to be a Kalifornian!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm, when I first started to read this thread I thought you were talking about a gay club.

Good thing it was about food after all.  [;)]

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn CMOS, I hope things aren't that bad yet!![;)]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hmm, when I first started to read this thread I thought you were talking about a gay club.

Good thing it was about food after all.  [;)]

CMOS
View Quote

And I thought it was Clockwork Orange talk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top