Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 1:32:01 PM EDT
We have this major debate going on in work why you change your oil the first 5000 miles,on a new truck? I say you change your oil Every 5ooo miles to prevent the oil from breaking down? Please correct me if im wrong? THE MAIN BRAIN OF THE CREW TELLS US ITS FOR CONDENSATION IN THE OIL?????????? More info the better
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Metal filings.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
For me on a new vehicle, at 2k for the first change, then at 5k and every 5k interval thereafter.

Generally, you change oil to remove suspended solids and to renew the additive package.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Your Ford will break on its own... I would drive it until so, then enjoy the rental car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top