Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 10:51:49 AM EDT
Sheesh. I don't know what to think of this really.

linky

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Schools are a free fire zone for potato-heads like this. Does anyone actually think these cretins would have dared think of this if teachers/administrators were known to pack heat from time to time?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]

what does the brady bunch grade NJ as?

ETA: so they didn't even have anything to kill anyone with? far cry from what the headline made it sound like...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
but it's new jersey, all their gun laws keep them safe!!!

oops, must have forgotten about the huge black market in the united states that supplies criminals and  angsty goth teens with guns.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anyone actually think these cretins would have dared think of this if teachers/administrators were known to pack heat from time to time?

people that are willing to shoot up a whole school are probebly not too concerned with the consequences.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
You must be kidding. With all those gun laws, this couldn't possibly have been in New Jersey. Surely they meant Airsoft guns or something.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
All the same warning signs were present before the Columbine shootings.  At least, it appears, a lesson was learned from that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#8]
sound like they committed a ton of thought crimes there - but the only real one committed was attempting (unsuccessfully) to purchase a handgun illegally.

Sorry, but I still think thinking about doing something is different than pulling the trigger.
---
Those poor bastards are in for it though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I only see one course of action. The immeadiate removal of chairs from schools. This story demonstrates that they can be used to help commit these types of massacres.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#10]
"The suspects are all freshman, ages 14, 15 and 16".

I wonder which one was the brains of the group?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
but it's new jersey, all their gun laws keep them safe!!!

oops, must have forgotten about the huge black market in the united states that supplies criminals and  angsty goth teens with guns.

[Bracy Bunch]Yeah but if Georgia and North Carolina had draconian gun laws like New Jersey then there wouldn't be a black market for guns.[/Bracy Bunch]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#14]

The teens are part of the so-called "Goth culture" and which dabbles in satanic worship and witchcraft.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sound like they committed a ton of thought crimes there - but the only real one committed was attempting (unsuccessfully) to purchase a handgun illegally.

Sorry, but I still think thinking about doing something is different than pulling the trigger.
---
Those poor bastards are in for it though.

Well they can be charged with "attempted" whatever or "Conspiracy to commit" whatever

Having 3 people plan to shoot up a school lunch room and then attempt to purchase guns illegally so that they can execute their plan is more than just a thought crime. It is definately conspiracy to commit murder.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The teens are part of the so-called "Goth culture" and which dabbles in satanic worship and witchcraft.

Why would you need a 9MM if you're backed by the dark Forces and the Powers of Satan himmself??????

Their devil-fu must be weak.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]
If nothing else, being held in a Camden County facility will ensure that they'll need some Preparation H ointment after the juvenile Bubbas get done with them. Sometimes there is justice even before a trial.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Having 3 people plan to shoot up a school lunch room and then attempt to purchase guns illegally so that they can execute their plan is more than just a thought crime. It is definately conspiracy to commit murder.

Wait, I thought 'Conspiracy to X" was thought crime?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#20]
16 in the 9th grade?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, I thought 'Conspiracy to X" was thought crime?

No, thinking "boy I'd like to kill him" would fall under the category of 'thought crime'.

Getting 2 other people and formulating a plan to kill someone and then proceeding to try and acquire the tools to kill them is Conspiracy to Commit Murder.

One is a thought that may or may not be fleeting, but not necessarily acted on. The other is a thought that is developed into a plan, shared with others and then put into motion.

Under some people's logic an act of terrorism that is prevented because a sleeper cell was nabbed before they could execute is nothing more than the government becoming the thought police and cracking down on us before we even do anything. These kids commited crimes and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone actually think these cretins would have dared think of this if teachers/administrators were known to pack heat from time to time?

people that are willing to shoot up a whole school are probebly not too concerned with the consequences.

Yeah... that is why we see so many people shooting up National Guard Armories and Police Stations in this country.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... that is why we see so many people shooting up National Guard Armories and Police Stations in this country.

I think schools are a greater challenge than those places to these people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top