Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2001 6:48:05 PM EDT
I got to meet Pthfndr, 5150BRY (ask what HE found) and , the instigator, gunmonkey.  Good to meet you guys.

Original mission:  Pick up a nice, refinished but straight Pattern 14 Enfield for a great shooter.  Excellent bore.  Mission accomplished.

In my weakened state I fell prey to an 1985 Swedish 6.5x55 Calvary Carbine I've coveted for some time now after finding a very sweet, numbered example.  1895 Carl Gustav Stadt w/ excellent bore.

On the way out I saw a numbered Type 99 7.7 Arisaka w/ bayonet and leather guard, dustcover, original leather sling (you gotta see this stuff) and, the best, the Royal Chrysanthethum, untouched.  REALLY weak by now, no strength , resistance impossible, bought it.

I'm home having a beer and fondling.  Wife really likes the Swedish Cav. Carbine....

See you fellers in Carson some weekend.

CB

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I couldn't make it.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you see that guy selling the M1C as you first walked in the door? He wanted $8,000! Jeez! I saw a bunch of nice M1's, especially at the CMP table, but some the prices were borderline outrageous.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
It was great to meet some guys with similar interests. 5150BRY may have found a really cool toy, but ask him how he was awakened for the show. NOTE TO FELLOW AR15.COMMERS: decline if GUNMONKEY offers to let you sleep in spare room at his house!
Pthfndr, Claybuster, it was a pleasure, and I hope we can organize another meeting, perhaps with a little ammo consumption.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Was good to meet you guys. Always nice to see the faces so one can know who's a friendly.

I agree some of the prices are getting up there. The guy with the M1C was SOG. He's always at the top end of pricing, and kind of an arrogant jerk at times to boot.

But I got the things I went for so the show was good to me. I just need more cash and to be a NV resident.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree some of the prices are getting up there. The guy with the M1C was SOG. He's always at the top end of pricing, and kind of an arrogant jerk at times to boot.
quote]

You referring to the buff dude who usually is in shorts?  Bad experience with that guy - long story short, bought an FAL from him with a dubious pedigree a very COSTLY mistake on my part, caveat emptor!  Wish I could have made the Reno show [:(]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I gots a box of Rem .38+P 158gr SWCHP. I gots some books on gunsmithing. I gots some elk and venison jerky. I saw some nice womenz. I ate mexican food. I gots lots of gas. The end.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh ya, I went to the kettle korn place at 2:38 just to hear some guy complain about how much water costs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I was there from 2:45 until 4:30 or so on Friday. Drove up and back the same day. 405 miles round trip. I was beat.

I think next time I'm going to spend more time on the left side where all the M1 parts were selling.

Would it be illegal ro remove the CA muzzle break from my M1A and install the standard FH and bayo lug combo? They were $39. he he
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Mattja - the answer to your question is yes. It would then have 2 evil features and become an AW under CA's SB23 law. On the other hand I have yet to be asked to show any papers proving my AR is legally registered. I doubt you ever will be asked. I shoot my AR in High Power right next to several Sac county sheriffs deputies and they are good guys who could care less. Last saturday I shot a practice with a range full of nothing BUT LEO from all over CA. They never asked either.

xsquid - that's the guy. Bought a part from him at a show once because he had it and I was there, but what a hassle it was.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh ya, I went to the kettle korn place at 2:38 just to hear some guy complain about how much water costs.
View Quote

DAMMIT IMBROGLIO! send me an email!  we will go hang out, unless you feel too good to meet me.

NSF
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
NSFJoJo, you live up there in Reno area? Me and the little woman are getting ready to take our bi-annual Reno trip and I have been wondering about the little sign I see on 395 before Carson City that says something about a city park and shooting range, have never actually checked it out, but might bring a rifle or two if it is worth it. Also does the El Dorado still have that brewery? Last time there we stopped in on a Thursday afternoon and got pretty well tanked and went back to our room for some fun and a nap. Woke up around 10pm and decided to go back over to the brewery and slid up to bar, noticed all the guys giving the little lady the stinkeye, then looked over at the tiny little dance floor and all these nice fellas were doing the boogaloo with each other. I guess Thursday night was gay disco night at the Eldorado. Damned tourists from San Fran I bet.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the brewery you are referring to is the Brew Brothers and yes its still there and yes it is a kick ass place to throw back a few, usually full of good lookin' ladies and a decent live band.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#13]
[>Q]Damn all to Hades. I was supposed to go,had reservations made, but could not get the time off of work.[>Q]
Maybe next time

Alex
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to make it but I already have more  jerky than I know what to do with.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NSFJoJo, you live up there in Reno area? Me and the little woman are getting ready to take our bi-annual Reno trip and I have been wondering about the little sign I see on 395 before Carson City that says something about a city park and shooting range, have never actually checked it out, but might bring a rifle or two if it is worth it. Also does the El Dorado still have that brewery? Last time there we stopped in on a Thursday afternoon and got pretty well tanked and went back to our room for some fun and a nap. Woke up around 10pm and decided to go back over to the brewery and slid up to bar, noticed all the guys giving the little lady the stinkeye, then looked over at the tiny little dance floor and all these nice fellas were doing the boogaloo with each other. I guess Thursday night was gay disco night at the Eldorado. Damned tourists from San Fran I bet.  
View Quote

The sign you're talking about points the way to the Carson Shooting Range.  Good spot.  Covered concrete shooting positions and no prissy rangemaster rectiting 'slow fire' rules.

Wife and I ate/drank at Brew Brothers Sat. night and then saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra (Big Band Zoot Suit music).  Great show.  We then went and paid for the evening and next week's George Carlin tickets by winning BIG at the tables.  I actually paid for a couple of those rifles I picked up on Friday.  Good night.  

You would've loved Reno this weekend.  'Gay Pride' parade with all the imports from SF.  Color pic in the paper this weekend of some flamer tossing a baton at the front of the parade.  [rolleyes]  At least we don't have the Gay Rodeo anymore....

CB
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You would've loved Reno this weekend.  'Gay Pride' parade with all the imports from SF.  Color pic in the paper this weekend of some flamer tossing a baton at the front of the parade.  [rolleyes]  At least we don't have the Gay Rodeo anymore....

CB
View Quote

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/033/uO/CD/ZA/bF95593.jpg[/img]

Damn it! I go up there to get away from those guys! What's that city coming to?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys, but Reno has a pretty good size gay scene, even without the SF infiltrators. See the Reno News and Review for all the Gay oriented/ gay friendly businesses. Notice the Democratic Party of Nevada placed an ad in their Gay Pride special pullout( We're talkin' fags and I said pullout). I have never had an issue with them, I just don't wanna hang out with 'em or play any of their reindeer games.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I went on Saturday. Spent 5 hrs at the show. Sarah from the ASA booth was very nice. Tons of AR stuff, alot of it over priced. Nothing like high cap mags, suppressors and private party sales.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
"Private Party Sales"?! That sounds like a loophole. Somebody should ban that sort of nonsense. A guy could theoretically buy an SP89 or an AK without paperwork. [:D] the horror....
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Brew Brothers kicks ass (I've worked there, I should know).

NSF
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#21]
C'mon now, yer creeping me out with the pictures of the TV's. Did not mean to try to hijack the thread and start a Queer Reno thread.
I was just relating something I thought was funny that happened to us. Yea I really like Reno and that whole area, will be there for a week the 1st of Oct. for some vacation, looking forward to all the usual spots especially the grill at the Reno Nugget and the brewery. I always do real good with the gambling there too. Will try to make it over to the Carson range for a few hours, probably bring my Garand.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Or pre ban lowers!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#23]
what a great time i had with my good buddy gunmonkey i walked out of there with a sp-89,ak,glock 19 and a lot of cool stuff to go with it all
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought  hi-cap Glock 9mm mags for $40 and $50 each. I know some other folks found even better deals. Hey 5150bry, are you sleepin' in the doghouse?[:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Private Party Sales"?!
View Quote

Never heard of it.

What state do you live in?[:\]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#27]
YEP the doghouse it is hey I may even be back by sooner than you thank we may need to even add on to that embasy of yours. But I stell got my kids and guns!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Private Party Sales"?!
View Quote

Never heard of it.

View Quote
I can't tell if you're confused or facetious. Serious answer: "Private party sales" refers to people exercising their free market freedoms by selling their personally(not FFL business owned) firearms.In free states, like my home Nevada, there are ads in the newspaper selling all kinds of cool guns(like ARs,AKs,and all manner of guns that Californians are getting rid of, cheap![:D])Facetious answer: I never heard of it either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Private Party Sales"?!
View Quote

Never heard of it.

View Quote
I can't tell if you're confused or facetious. Serious answer: "Private party sales" refers to people exercising their free market freedoms by selling their personally(not FFL business owned) firearms.In free states, like my home Nevada, there are ads in the newspaper selling all kinds of cool guns(like ARs,AKs,and all manner of guns that Californians are getting rid of, cheap![:D])Facetious answer: I never heard of it either.
View Quote

I dunno nothing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Cash'N'Carry

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I bought an AR-15 Government Carbine at the gun show in Pelham Alabama this weekend, it was a private party sale and no paperwork(except me writing a check).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top