Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 10:37:51 AM EDT
I'm moving this month and need to decide on a company for homeowners insurance. Has anyone found any of the companies to be anti-gun?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I called up Geico to see about their homeowner's policies.  They don't do them themselves, but they are afiliated with regional companies.  I don't remember the name of the regional company unfortunately.  They refused to provide me with any insurance unless all of my firearms were locked in a safe with all ammunition locked up in a separate safe.  Needless to say, I declined.

I tried Allstate next, and they didn't ask a single question about how my guns were stored.

Make sure you check with any insurance company to see if they have coverage limits on certain items like computers, electronics, firearms, jewelry, etc.  I had to get a rider for my guns and my wife's engagement ring.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know about Amica?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I use Farmer's and they are great.  I live in Maine.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a thread a while back, a guy that lived out in the country had a spot he used to shoot at on his land.  His insurance company found out and canceled his poilcy.

I think it was State Farm, but I'm not positive.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There was a thread a while back, a guy that lived out in the country had a spot he used to shoot at on his land.  His insurance company found out and canceled his poilcy.

I think it was State Farm, but I'm not positive.

Yep

Stay far away from snake farm.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, State Farm is hugely anti-gun. Donates to the 1/2 Dozen Moms, the whole bit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Similiar story with me when I called Geico.  The policy is actually issued by someone else.

They told me my guns and ammo had to be locked up and separate.  Then asked how many guns I had.  I responded, "More than one."  The lady said they needed to know how many, so I figured it was time we parted ways.  I said, "Shit lady, I don't even know how many guns I got."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Useful info. Thanks a lot guys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anybody know about Amica?

I have Amica and have never had any problems with them.  They do want a listing of firearms in the house and where they are stored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top