Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 8:42:45 AM EDT
Well, after a year of trying to run my own business, I am afraid I am going to have to go back to work as a normal wage earner like many others.

This is the last thing I wanted. My hope was that I could make it owning my own business so I could escape the politically correct, backward morality and fake ethics of the corporate world.

Does anyone have any thoughts on solid, conservative, non-PC companies to work for nationally? I doubt there are any, but worth a try asking.

I used to work for Edward Jones, the brokerage company, and ended up being forced to leave because someone found out about my gun hobby, made up a fake allegation about how I was "going to kill everyone" and I was forced to resign. Mind you, I was paid well to go away, but this is indicative of exactly the type of place I never want to work for again.

Companies like them take action first, ask questions later, just to avoid some person suing them.

Any ideas on companies to work for that won't put up with that mentality, and have a quality work envirnment? Just looking for leads, or experiences you have had.

-David
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Not Boeing, at least, not if you want to be happy or fulfilled.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You aren't going to FIND a "non-PC" company. The liability to them is too great to ignore issues you might think are "PC".
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Recognizing that I won't be able to find a company that truly ignores the PC mentality, I still want to know people's thoughts on whether places they work minimize the impact of that culture on their workplace.

Or, suggest industries that typically are less infiltrated by that mindset.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Look at natural resource producers.  Mining, timber and farming are all pretty conservative.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't bother applying at Shell Oil.

The most PC, evil, Godless company I ever saw.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Since Willy Wonka closed his chocolate factory , what you are looking for is little more than a fairy tale.

I don't think you can use the term "principled" in the same sentence with company can you? Doesn't one term contradict the other?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, a small auto shop or construction company comes to mind...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#9]
a small business would probably be your only chance
big companies have a soul all right, but it's evil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top