Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:52:01 AM EDT
"I cannot close my left eye. Any suggestions?"

"When I woke up this morning, my left testicle was the size of a watermelon and the right one was the size of a whiteacre pea. My penis looks like a dried vanilla bean. What do you guys think I should do?"

"My 9 year-old just walked in the door with his left arm dangling by a tendon at the elbow. I'm thinking duct tape, wife says emergency room. What says the Hive Mind?"

"There are 3 guys beating on my door screaming 'Police! Open up!' in heavily accented English. I looked through the peephole and they are wearing turbans and Arab robes and carrying swords and AK-74s. I'm going to see what they want, but can some of you stand by the keyboard in case I have questions later?"

"I have a big lump on the side of my head, right at the temple. It's been oozing pus for about 6 weeks, but now some more solid grey matter is visible through the little hole in the middle. My girlfriend says I should see a doctor. What kind of ointment do you guys recommend?"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
... Wow man, it sounds like you're having a really bad day - sorry
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
IBN_T
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]

That's the General Discussion forum for ya!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
get both
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]
After you see what the nice officers at the door want, I thiink you and your kid should definitely go to the doctor.

Oh, and IBNT.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Don't forget to post pictures of the boil on your ass!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to GD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IBN_T

+1
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Itchy

Tasty

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I think we should have a "Medical" forum. Staff it with round the clock internet Docs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
no worries, it'll buff out!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"When I woke up this morning, my left testicle was the size of a watermelon and the right one was the size of a whiteacre pea. My penis looks like a dried vanilla bean. What do you guys think I should do?"

"My 9 year-old just walked in the door with his left arm dangling by a tendon at the elbow. I'm thinking duct tape, wife says emergency room. What says the Hive Mind?"

"There are 3 guys beating on my door screaming 'Police! Open up!' in heavily accented English. I looked through the peephole and they are wearing turbans and Arab robes and carrying swords and AK-74s. I'm going to see what they want, but can some of you stand by the keyboard in case I have questions later?"

"I have a big lump on the side of my head, right at the temple. It's been oozing pus for about 6 weeks, but now some more solid grey matter is visible through the little hole in the middle. My girlfriend says I should see a doctor. What kind of ointment do you guys recommend?"

What's the big deal?

These all seem like valid questions to me.

(can you post a link to that testicle thread?)  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't forget the
" Should I pick/scratch this boil/pimple/strange rash with incoming poll."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBN_T

+1

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]
The medical questions are some guy trying to save himself a trip to the docs by self-medicating.

The other ones may be the result of undiscussed prior felony arrests. Who knows. Its the internet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
What!?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
"I got arrested for bumpfiring tracers at 3AM beside the freeway"

"Should i show my parole officer the pictures i took of my completed 80% lowers?"

"I picked up my friend at the prison release center and stopped to let him shoot my .45 on the way home."

"i loaned my depressed buddy my home built AK and he test fired it into his face."

"there is a fat drunk girl passed out in my bed"

"My XD had a ND through my hand"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't understand the problem??
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Should i show my parole officer the pictures i took of my completed 80% lowers?"

"I picked up my friend at the prison release center and stopped to let him shoot my .45 on the way home."

"i loaned my depressed buddy my home built AK and he test fired it into his face."

WOW Just WOW!!

And my cat is shooting blood out its ass!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW Just WOW!!

get yer pecker outta der Fat!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suggest alum.  It should shrink the tissue in the membranes and allow the eye to close

find more threads to masturbate to.  You are stil la few quarts high in the left one.  Right one seems fine.  

Duct tape is for lowspeed repairs.  Sincethe child is 9, I recommend 100mph tape.  

Those are actually members of the AZ HTF.  THEY are looking for 1GUNRUNNER and got lost.  Just give them directions and they will be on thier way.  (need his address?)

Is the hole hole preban or postban?  If it s preban you can add a few strips of duct tape (not 100 mph) and make sure you keep track of the parts count, or you could be in trouble.  Check USC 922.00 for compliance issues with pre/post ban wound dressings

hope that helps.

TRG

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#31]
This isn't a place.  It's a virtual filing system with a globally distributed network of I/O ports.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This actually came up with a shooter in a tactical pistol & carbine class I recently took.

IIRC, during weak side, improvised positions, the shooter needed to close his dominant eye to see his red dot, but he could not.  He could wink with one eye, but not the other.  Interesting.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW Just WOW!!

get yer pecker outta der Fat!  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#34]
7:00 AM:  police arrive to shoot dog
7:30 AM:  meet with divorce attorney
8:00 AM:  stop by immigration protest
8:30 AM:  post pics on AR15.com

ARFCOMMERS do more before 9 AM than most people do all day.  Then they post about it

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suggest alum.  It should shrink the tissue in the membranes and allow the eye to close

find more threads to masturbate to.  You are stil la few quarts high in the left one.  Right one seems fine.  

Duct tape is for lowspeed repairs.  Sincethe child is 9, I recommend 100mph tape.  

Those are actually members of the AZ HTF.  THEY are looking for 1GUNRUNNER and got lost.  Just give them directions and they will be on thier way.  (need his address?)

Is the hole hole preban or postban?  If it s preban you can add a few strips of duct tape (not 100 mph) and make sure you keep track of the parts count, or you could be in trouble.  Check USC 922.00 for compliance issues with pre/post ban wound dressings

hope that helps.

TRG

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I bought a Glock.

IBTKaBooom
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#38]
actually one can save himself a little trouble and a little money by going to afrcom first to hear from those that have been there done that.  You have to sift throught the good and the bad and the indifferent and then make your own decision
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Don't forget the
" Should I pick/scratch this boil/pimple/strange rash with incoming poll."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I found a sandwhich in the back of my truck.  You think it's okay to eat it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#42]
"I haven't been sober in 2 weeks, and I lost my job and my wife left me.  I was thinking of quitting drinking - what do you think?  Poll inbound.  I'll check back when I get back from shooting."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
7:00 AM:  police arrive to shoot dog
7:30 AM:  meet with divorce attorney
8:00 AM:  stop by immigration protest
8:30 AM:  post pics on AR15.com

ARFCOMMERS do more before 9 AM than most people do all day.  Then they post about it

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Kinda odd isn't it! The funny thing is People respond to this non-sense with what they believe is sound advice. Told my wife if you ever have a question post it on ar15 and you will be enlighted by some 16yo kid sitting in his mothers basement. The other odd thing is this site is AR15.com there was a thread on ar ownership sometime ago with a poll I was surprised at the number of people on here who DON'T own AR's but profess to know everything there is to know......STRANGE
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Just so it's clear I am no pot calling kettles. I've asked those questions myself. It just struck me today how odd it is. Of course the entire phenomenon of genuinely felt trust and friendship with people you couldn't pick out of a lineup, whose names you don't know, and whose signatures you couldn't verify is fascinating to me.

ETA: I have given and received plenty of verifiedly valid information on here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The medical questions are some guy trying to save himself a trip to the docs by self-medicating.

The other ones may be the result of undiscussed prior felony arrests. Who knows. Its the internet.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Really.  I have a $3000 deductible on my privately paid medical insurance, and high co-pay.

Let's say I develope a strange rash (or some other non-emergency thing).  If I go to any internet "medically approved"  (ie pharmaceutical company subsidised) website, it will tell me to see a doctor for a hangnail or a pimple.

If I come here (and I haven't... yet) with a common sense question, I reckon I'll get a lot a joking, but probably some common sense information from folks who HAVE BTDT.  Anononymously.  Where some lawsuit-happy POS can't interfere.

No, my brain is not leaking out of my ear... yet.  In that case I would insert a cork and duct tape it in place first before posting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#48]
The most annoying one was when someone said they thought there was an intruder downstairs and that they wanted to first post about it ("my wife thinks someone is creeeping around downstairs")  then they did'nt post again for 8 hours!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#49]
My absolute favorite so far is the guy that was posting FROM THE DELIVERY ROOM while his wife was in labor..giving a blow by blow report of her labor process.

Dude.  Log off and be with your wife.  You may not live to regret it.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top