Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 4:05:13 AM EDT

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:16:23 -0300
Subject: Dear LArifleman,
From: "murraywesley" <[email protected]>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
To:
Dear LArifleMAN,
I am making this contact in good faith.I am working with THE HABIB ALLIED INTERNATIONAL BANK UNITED KINGDOM.
For your information, there is one business merchant based here.His name is MR.MICHAEL ROBERTS.This man died as a result of gas explosion in his house with his wife. I'm his accounting officer.This man has an estates with THE HABIB BANK that worth $15.5million dollars.However,since the death, I have made several inquiries to let his people know about his money in our bank but I did not receive any response.
Now I have decided to link you to stand as MR.MICHAEL ROBERTS next of kin/Fund Investment Manager in order to claim the money he deposited here as Fixed Solid Investment, since nobody has come forward to make the claim.As I will give you all information you may need about MR.MICHAEL ROBERTS and his banking relationship with THE HABIB BANK to enable you stand as his FUND INVESTMENT MANAGER/NEXT OF KIN to assigned the funds into your custody.
This transaction will go through normal banking process only that you have to stand firm.I will direct you on how to apply for the claims of this money. If you are interested and capable to carry out this transaction with
me,reply me via email.I am waiting for your urgent response.
Best regards,
Michael Wesley.

How dumb do these people think I am....Jesus

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#1]
$15.5 million dollars?  I could use 15.5 million dollars....  You're so lucky.  I wish I would have gotten that email.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
He's probably going to want you to provide your account info, or send him a personal check for a small processing fee.  Then he'll use you account number and routing number from your check to set up an online check service linked to your account, then proceed to spend you into debt.

As you already know, this is definately a scam.  They may have even used an actual person's death to add to their "credibility."If they really needed to contact you about a large inheiritance from your long lost British man-nanny, they would call you on the phone or approach you in person, especially with this kind of money at stake.

Along the same lines, I keep getting "Chase Bank" emails requesting I update my account info.  There are two problems with this.  First, I'm not a 85 year old sucker, and second, I don't have a Chase Bank account.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Right... it's a variation of the Nigerian money-laundering scam. I have a whole file full of them.

They can be funny to read, but what is really sad is the idea that somewhere, someone must have fallen for it. All it takes is one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
time to have a little fun with him.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I get e-mails from "Islam Omer" all the time.  He sounds legit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top