Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:23:13 PM EDT
Tomorrow I will be doing my second wet lab (getting paid to get drunk and take sobriety tests) with the US Coast Guard. Looks like I'll have to drink between 14-16 oz of John Daniels. WooHoo
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Its only $12.50/hr for 6 hours.....We do the sobriety tests in the last hour, so I'm already so drunk that it doesn't matter
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its only $12.50/hr for 6 hours.....We do the sobriety tests in the last hour, so I'm already so drunk that it doesn't matter

But you get to drink and be drunk for tests.  That is so cool.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
more details.... how do you get a gig like this?  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I work at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center here in Charleston. Basically I happened upon a great job (pay is pretty good, I only do about 30 minutes of work for every 4 hours of pay, and co-workers and boss are good people).

To get the job, I had to get a security clearance which was a lot of paperwork (similar to the paperwork a recruiter gives you to fill out before you enlist) but I don't know how far they really dug into my past.

We do all kinds of work, from working with the US Parole Officers to the Coast Guard, to Border Patrol and more. It's interesting and fun work (if you want to call it that)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, so...I just got back from my wet lab....I had 10 oz of John Daniels, and blew a BAC of .099 I'm drunk!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ok, so...I just got back from my wet lab....I had 10 oz of John Daniels, and blew a BAC of .099 I'm drunk!!!

Pansy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I know, I told them to just give me the whole bottle and let me finish it....but the damn Coast Guard wouldn't let me.....Don't be mad at me, If you lived in SC, I'd hook you up with a job
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
John Daniels?

I never heard of it.

Jack Daniels maybe?

Balming
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
John Daniels?

I never heard of it.

Jack Daniels maybe?

Balming

You may know him as Jack, but when you know him as well as I do......
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know, I told them to just give me the whole bottle and let me finish it....but the damn Coast Guard wouldn't let me.....Don't be mad at me, If you lived in SC, I'd hook you up with a job

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
John Daniels?

I never heard of it.

Jack Daniels maybe?

Balming

Lt.Col. Jack Slade, "Scent of a Woman".
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I work at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center here in Charleston. Basically I happened upon a great job (pay is pretty good, I only do about 30 minutes of work for every 4 hours of pay, and co-workers and boss are good people).

To get the job, I had to get a security clearance which was a lot of paperwork (similar to the paperwork a recruiter gives you to fill out before you enlist) but I don't know how far they really dug into my past.

We do all kinds of work, from working with the US Parole Officers to the Coast Guard, to Border Patrol and more. It's interesting and fun work (if you want to call it that)

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe he did mean "John" Daniels.
He is doing work for the Federal Gov. they are not known for buying the best. I bet they got it from Daniels but it is the bottom of the barrel sludge, that the Daniels would flush down the "John".
Oh and they would pay $600 a bottle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
John Daniels?

I never heard of it.

Jack Daniels maybe?

Balming

Lt.Col. Jack Slade, "Scent of a Woman".

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding, Old Painless is the winner.....first person to get it and not think I'm too drunk or just some cheesy gubmint worker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top