Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
Is it possible to Pull the Trigger On an AR so fast that it causes the Gun to Fire out of Battery? Im just curious because of a discussion I read on Frugalsquirrels
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
DO NOT TRY THIS BECAUSE I AM NOT CERTAIN BUT:

I do not believe that the AR15 can fire in a NORMAL FASHION (i. e. based mechanically on the trigger-pulls) out of battery. It just doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Doubtful unless you have out of spec "lightweight" parts in your gun. Then it's probably not an issue of you "firing" the gun so much as it would be using unreliable parts.

I have bumpfired many hundreds of rounds out of my "mil-spec" Bushmaster M4 (w H buffer) and I have never had it hiccup. I challenge anybody to shoot a semi-auto faster than can be bumpfired.

EDIT: I am referring to causing the gun to cycle too fast. I have no idea if you can even shoot an AR out of battery.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as the disconnect is working (as well as all other internals), I don't see how it could be a problem.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
NO
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It happens on shotguns. And yes I hate to say sometimes they can fire too fast, or I pull the trigger too fast. I have hunted with my Benelli SBE, M1 Super 90 and Beretta 1201FP all feature the same bolt. And a bird as flushed and I have shot 5 or 6 shells in the blink of a eye. Got the bird....but I was not planning on shooting that many shells.

Also if I try to shoot the Benelli real fast it will shoot and then not cycle. The gun does not jam, but the recoil operated gun can not keep up with that speed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Not an AR, but I have heard that Benelli SA's can be fired so fast they will break,  not fire out of battery mind you, but a spring or something comes out,  Not sure of source, but I read it while researching an SBE2 I bought.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It happens on shotguns. And yes I hate to say sometimes they can fire too fast, or I pull the trigger too fast. I have hunted with my Benelli SBE, M1 Super 90 and Beretta 1201FP all feature the same bolt. And a bird as flushed and I have shot 5 or 6 shells in the blink of a eye. Got the bird....but I was not planning on shooting that many shells.

Also if I try to shoot the Benelli real fast it will shoot and then not cycle. The gun does not jam, but the recoil operated gun can not keep up with that speed.

Damn, beat me to it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT for the Night Crew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top