Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:23:05 PM EDT
I always prefer to drink my coke in a glass even when it comes from a can. Somehow it taste different to me.

my imagination or do you think it really taste different?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]
not really, but it tastes much better when it's made from cane sugar than corn syrup...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always prefer to drink my coke in a glass even when it comes from a can. Somehow it taste different to me.

Yes, it does.

Want the ultimate Coca-cola experience?

In a big styrofoam cup, filled with ice.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Me too. It annoys the wife that I prefer a "glass" glass instead of a plastic one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Want the ultimate Coca-cola experience?

He speaks truth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
not really, but it tastes much better when it's made from cane sugar than corn syrup...

I always hear that, yet I've never noticed even the slightest difference.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it tastes different yeah.  And +1 on the styrofoam and ice!

Supposedly there is some increased Alzheimers risk from aluminum cans too. *shrug*
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I've noticed most pop tastes far better in a glass or a bottle than from a can, much like beer...

I would rather not drink beer than drink it from a can or from a tap.  Long necks are the only way for me unless I'm so drunk I can't taste it anyway... lol

I also seem to recall that the old steel cans were much less intrusive than aluminum as far as affecting the taste of the beverage they contained... Was it just me?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The little 8 oz. bottles taste alot better than the can. I also will not drink milk unless it is in a "glass" glass. IMO everything is better out of glass, soft drinks, alcohol, milk, even water. Probably just a mental thing.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
+1

I can not stand drinking any beverage from a can or plastic bottle.... be it a soda, beer, etc.

But, if I pour a Coke into a glass with ice, it's world of difference.

And a ++1 on Coke served in the 8oz bottles. I've only bought them a few at the supermarket (way over priced).

When I was a kid, Coke in an 8oz or 12oz bottle was the norm.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
IMO in order of best taste to least.

Glass > Can > Plastic
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is correct, but only if the Coke is from the fountain.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Does Coca Cola taste different when drank in a glass then can?

Yes!

I used to like when it came in glass bottles.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Coke is only good with a little bit of Jack....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell yes.  
gloftoe.com/coke.jpg

Hecho en Mexico, and damn tasty with REAL sugar.

The only reason they use REAL sugar is to disguise the urine from the workers relieving themselves in the vats.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If it came in a can, it's been sitting there for however long having it's taste be affected by the can, pouring that into a glass wouldn't make any difference.

However, drinking from a glass vs a can or bottle allows you to aspirate the flavour as well as taste it, enhancing the flavour.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Glass, and where's the poll?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember having a Pepsi right off the line when I was a kid. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've noticed most pop tastes far better in a glass or a bottle than from a can, much like beer...

I would rather not drink beer than drink it from a can or from a tap.  Long necks are the only way for me unless I'm so drunk I can't taste it anyway... lol

I also seem to recall that the old steel cans were much less intrusive than aluminum as far as affecting the taste of the beverage they contained... Was it just me?

haha!!! He said "pop"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't drink the stuff anymore - but I can tell you that it is much better in New Zealand and Brazil than the US.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Much different. Pouring canned beer in a glass has the same effect. It lets the beverage air out and release it's flavor.

Damn, now I want a beer.....

....in a glass.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Sure does.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't stand drinking anything from a can.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]
the old 6oz glass bottles ruled
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I was watching a news story on champagne today, and one of the winemakers from Moet was on.

He said you should always drink champagne from glass and not plastic because the bubbles react to the plastic and get bigger, thus changing the taste.

I'd imagine it's sort of the same thing with carbonated beverages. Glass seems to be the perfect container for them, whereas aluminum and plastics seem to each taste different as well. In the can I imagine the bubbles are much smaller than when pured out and exposed to air.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#26]
sprite from mcdonalds is 10x better than from a can.            not to divert the question too much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#27]
The Mexicans won't  drink Coca-Cola unless its from their motherland. Darn if they're not smart enough not to go for the corn syrup junk we get.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Think of it like "forbidden fruit"...  then, for sure it does.

We're talkin Diet Caffeine Free here aren't we?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I only drink Diet-Coke room temp, from the plastic six-pack bottles.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I was watching a news story on champagne today, and one of the winemakers from Moet was on.

He said you should always drink champagne from glass and not plastic because the bubbles react to the plastic and get bigger, thus changing the taste.

And since Cola is "American Champagne" your contribution couldn't be more relevant.

I like it out of the can better and also:

DOWN WITH THE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!!

WTF is this? This is supposed to be AMERICA! Coca-Cola is an AMERICAN contribution to the world, and yet we are reduced to endure this crap while the rest of the world gets the REAL Cola???

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of High Fructose Corn Syrup Pushing tyrants. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Glass and no ice.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Coke changed to corn syrup in 1980, before the New Coke was marketed.

www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.asp

Yes, Mexican Coca Cola is the best.  Another invader from the south but this is one that business doesn't like......ay!

www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/March/19/local/stories/01local.htm
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I prefer it in a glass with ice cubes... tastes kind of metallic out of the can or something to me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#35]
High fructose corn syrup is not easy for the human body to digest.
So what happens?
The body turns it into fat.

You'd be surprised how much of that crap is in the everyday food that we eat.
Next time you're in the market, take a close look at the ingredients.
You will be pissed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Frozen glass mug.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I prefer the can, it maintains the carbonation better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I dunno man,but you put that shit in a frozen mug with lottsa ice and it's like liquid crack!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#39]
the cokes in thos emsaller but expensive bottles seems to taste better to me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
High fructose corn syrup is not easy for the human body to digest.
So what happens?
The body turns it into fat.

You'd be surprised how much of that crap is in the everyday food that we eat.
Next time you're in the market, take a close look at the ingredients.
You will be pissed.

The best part is that the reason we have to use corn syrup in America is because the price of sugar is kept artificially high by the Government through agricultural subsidies, thanks to lobbyists from the big farm corporations.

Business > General health of the people

stupid sheep shouldn't drink so much soda anyway, it's their own fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top