Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
Anyone else listen to these guys? I like their songs Dirty Little Secret and Move Along. Good stuff, watched the videos on VH1.com.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
no thanks.  whiny emo punk rock IMO
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would listen to them if i wanted to punish myself for something.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Modest Mouse and Interpol. They have even more indie hipster cred, and they sound MUCH better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try Modest Mouse and Interpol. They have even more indie hipster cred, and they sound MUCH better.

Yeah, I have one of Modest Mouse's songs. Pretty good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
They aren't bad. Just a little more mainstream pop rock than most
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
gay! gay gay GAY!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
They're rejected by all Americans....

Why would you want to listen to them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Their music is decent, but I saw the video for that song "Move Along" (it was that week when I had food poisoning and I couldn't sleep) and I couldn't overcome the desire to beat that singer with baseball bat. Skinny little messy haired bastard in his faggy clothes just pisses me off.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
they are from Stillwater, OK...

they must be good..

PS..
they are kinda whiny...but they are talented..
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Their music is decent, but I saw the video for that song "Move Along" (it was that week when I had food poisoning and I couldn't sleep) and I couldn't overcome the desire to beat that singer with baseball bat. Skinny little messy haired bastard in his faggy clothes just pisses me off.

Yeah he looks like a douche, but I liked that video.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I've only heard Dirty Little Secret and I liked it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I like "Swing swing" or at least that's what I think it's called. It's a couple of years old.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
no thanks.  whiny emo punk rock IMO

Word.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
This is ARFcom, where 89.9% of the posters listen to metal, punk or hardcore....to the exclusion of all else.

Asking about a mainstream pop/rock band will result in ghey/gay/suck comments, personal ridicule, or the vomit emoticon.

I don't mind their music, not my favorite, but then I'm in the 11% of us that aren't single-minded.

Don't believe my assessment of the musical tastes of ARFcom? Start a thread asking "Who likes Iron Maiden?" and watch the responses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh you are soooo enlightened! Iron Maiden sucks too!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Maiden rules!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This is ARFcom, where 89.9% of the posters listen to metal, punk or hardcore....to the exclusion of all else.

Asking about a mainstream pop/rock band will result in ghey/gay/suck comments, personal ridicule, or the vomit emoticon.

I don't mind their music, not my favorite, but then I'm in the 11% of us that aren't single-minded.

Don't believe my assessment of the musical tastes of ARFcom? Start a thread asking "Who likes Iron Maiden?" and watch the responses.

This is problematic how?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Not enlightened, I just like alot of music.

Most people here like 1 type of music, hell most of them like 1 band and that's it. They're musical retards and anything that isn't in their camaro's CD changer is shit or ghey.

I like Maiden, but I also like Mary Chapin Carpenter and Bela Fleck....and liking all that isn't ghey or snobbish, it's just an affection for music.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top