Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 1:28:59 PM EDT
I am aways tired from lack of sleep.  As far back as I can remember I never got enough sleep.
My usual schedule was to go to sleep around 1 AM and sleep till 7 AM on Monday to Saturday and then on Sunday morning I would crash and burn until noon or so... one day of real sleep out of 7 days.  After having the baby my schedule changed to 1 AM to 3 AM then 3:30 AM to 6:00 AM then 6:30 AM to about 7:30 AM.  This is everyday including Sunday.

I NEED MORE SLEEP!  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
masturbate less, sleep more
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i never get enuf sleep......

but im a diagnosed insomniac that has sleep apnea
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
<Raises hand> I! And don't be thinking some $800.00 mattress in gonna help.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Touching ones own pee pee is hard to overcome!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm too tired to masturbate... and I have a wife who takes care of that need
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the baby

it appears Dr. Brandon has figured out the root of your troubles. Luckily for you he will grow up eventually and instead of him keeping you up, he will get to help you get stuff done sooner and you can sleep more

ETA: oh yeah, or you have a girl and are completely fucked for the rest of your life. God I hope I never have a daughter
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the baby

it appears Dr. Brandon has figured out the root of your troubles. Luckily for you he will grow up eventually and instead of him keeping you up, he will get to help you get stuff done sooner and you can sleep more

ETA: oh yeah, or you have a girl and are completely fucked for the rest of your life. God I hope I never have a daughter

Thanks Doc.
I got a son this time and hoping for another son in two years.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Me! NEVER!

The Baby.

He slept all night until he started walking now we're back to square one. Is there a way to fix 'em?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Anybody Else Never Get Enough Sleep?

I have a habit of running on a most non conventional timeline. A couple of times throughout the week I will be awake between 24 to thirty hours. For the most part, I will sleep every four out of 10 to twelve.

Retirement is grand!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you snore?

Do you ever wake up, gasping for breath?

Do you dream?  

Do you get really deep into sleep, or just light sleep?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Never..

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I sleep better after a little tug, but no I don't get enough sleep or do I get to jerk off enough.  The good ole days are long gone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I rarely get enough sleep (probably because I have to wake up at 6 but I usually don't get to sleep until 12). I wake up randomly throughout the night, but never short of breath. I always dream, though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do you snore?

Do you dream?  

Your post does have the appearance / connotation of a hijack towards this thread.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Me! NEVER!

The Baby.

He slept all night until he started walking now we're back to square one. Is there a way to fix 'em?

tranquilizer
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Do you snore?

A little but not enough to keep my wife awake

No

Do you dream?  

Yes, but I don't always remember them... but I know I have dreams

I try to get deep sleep but mostly its light sleep.  Sometimes I'm so tired at night that I just pass out and won't wake up even when my dogs are barking.. especially on Sunday mornings
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Me! NEVER!

The Baby.

I had the same problem with my son. He was getting too tired to sleep throught the night. Make sure your lil guy gets a good nap during the day and try putting him to bed earlier. I know this sounds backwards but it works.

You might also try giving him a snack before bed to make sure he's not waking up hungry. All of the extra energy a toddler uses once he's mobile could mean he needs more food to get him through the night.

I never get enough sleep. I wake up several times in the night. I have since I was a kid.

Quoted:

My usual schedule was to go to sleep around 1 AM and sleep till 7 AM on Monday to Saturday

Have you tried going to bed earlier?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been on 2-3 hours of sleep for the last 3 months or so.. I do usally get 6 on sundays. I just cant fall alseep before 3am no matter what. My alarm is set at 6:15 every morning but sunday. I think my body has adjusted nicely. After the first month i dont feel any more tired that i didi when i was getting 8 hours of sleep.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My usual schedule was to go to sleep around 1 AM and sleep till 7 AM on Monday to Saturday

Have you tried going to bed earlier?

I would like to to to sleep earlier but I have too many things to do when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  My axial skeleton is messed up.  My shoulders, neck and lumbar spine hurt all the time.  The various drugs the medics give me only work partially and some have rather nasty side effects.

I would kill for a REALLY good night's sleep.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you snore?

Do you dream?  

Your post does have the appearance / connotation of a hijack towards this thread.

Huh?  I'm trying to see if he's got a sleep disorder
Yobo - After the baby gets on a normal, good schedule, if you still have the problem I'd suggest you get a SLEEP STUDY done to see if you have an issue.

Certain sleep disorders can be very dangerous to your health
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Do you snore?

Do you dream?  

sleep apnea
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Have you tried Melatonin?

I have used it for many years as well as probably millions of other people.

It is safe, inexpensive and works for most people.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yobo - After the baby gets on a normal, good schedule, if you still have the problem I'd suggest you get a SLEEP STUDY done to see if you have an issue.

Certain sleep disorders can be very dangerous to your health

I'll look into it later when the baby is on a better schedule.
IMHO I don't have a sleeping disorder since I can sleep, its just that I don't get enough sleep.

Not enough hours in a day...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#25]
No.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah that would be me
I rarely sleep more than 6 hours even on days when I don't have work in the morning
Either back pain or a headache gets me up
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Me! NEVER!

The Baby.

I had the same problem with my son. He was getting too tired to sleep throught the night. Make sure your lil guy gets a good nap during the day and try putting him to bed earlier. I know this sounds backwards but it works.

You might also try giving him a snack before bed to make sure he's not waking up hungry. All of the extra energy a toddler uses once he's mobile could mean he needs more food to get him through the night.

Yeah, you have to time it just right with this little guy, too early and he won't settle, too late and he's really keyed up and overtired. He already has a long nap during the day and the snack close to his bedtime. I get the feeling it's because he's so active during the day and everything's so new and interesting that he has very little interest in sleeping. He'll grow out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top