Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:46 AM EDT
I had a dream early last week that I couldn't go to a nearby amusement park with my kid because I had hurt my back. Well Saturday I was moving some furniture around, felt fine. Went out in the boat fishing Sunday and my lower back was a little sore. Yesterday I could barely move, couldn't even bend over.

Still sore as hell today, went to pick my kid up from school and he asked if my back was still hurting. I said yes and then he replied "Does this mean we can't go to Wild Adventures later this week ?" (We have season passes and go quite often) Talk about a deja vu type feeling. I've had it a bunch of times in the past though, dreaming stuff and then it seems to happen.

I vaguely remember something from Psychology class about it being a common feeling to think you have previously dreamed something that happens in real life. I can't remember what the phenomenon is called though.

Hopefully I can dream up some lotto numbers one day  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a dream about zombies last night. I hope that one doesn't come true in the near future.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Years ago I had a dream my brother cut himself badly at work (he worked graveyard shift at the time).

I woke up the next morning to find he had indeed cut his hand deep with a boxcutter that night.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
i dreamt i had an M1A.... hopefully that comes true
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  Somtimes it's several months in the future.  But it has even happend so exactly that the dialog of a conversation was the same.

A couple times I even have finished a persons sentence because I rememberd what they had said in the dream.  Freaks me and them out when that happens.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had a dream about zombies last night. I hope that one doesn't come true in the near future.

I DO!!!

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd say about 60% of my life is that way, Deja vu is a constant feeling for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i dreamt i had an M1A.... hopefully that comes true

I dreamt last night that I found a 98% Colt Python for $550... here's hoping!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Last year I had a dream where I drove into a parking lot and parked, but everytime I parked, I'd hit a car in front of me in the space opposite mine.  That morning I drove to class and thought of the dream and thought, man, I'd better be careful.  So I pull into a parking space and guess what, I nudged the car in front of me.  No damage to either car, only our license plates made contact.  But it's still weird that I'd dream about that and then the very same morning it happened.

And I'm a good driver, but it's tough to judge the distance over the front end of my F-150 when the other car is low to the ground.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I have, but it's always stupid shit. Like dreaming that somebody gave me a scratchers and I won $5(which is cool, but hardly significant in any way). And I never remember the dream until it happens
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yep.  Somtimes it's several months in the future.  But it has even happend so exactly that the dialog of a conversation was the same.

A couple times I even have finished a persons sentence because I rememberd what they had said in the dream.  Freaks me and them out when that happens.

The same, exact thing happens to me all the time.

While in college, I had a dream that I was working on a computer at a work bench when a tornado warning came on over the radio. That summer, I started doing IT work for a local company and the exact scenario happened, down to me looking out the window at the black sky. This was in Worcester, MA, by the way, not exactly tornado alley.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
i believe they are called premonatory dreams.  i've had them.  

it's great when it's a good dream and it comes true.

it's the bad ones that suck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
your back pain could be psychosomatic.

on a different note...

Last night I dreamed that I had two chicks at the same time

here's wishing for "premanatory dreams"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I had TERRIBLE nightmares about Sasquatches trying to get into the house when I was a little kid.

And then it HAPPENED!!!

No wait, it didn't.
Yet.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes! Several times.

Most recently, I had a dream that someone was screwing with the right-rear tire on my truck, and the next morning I went out to the truck to take off, and that same tire was flat.

That was freaky.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had similar deja vu situations from previous dreams at least a dozen or so times in my life.  It really freaked me out at first but now I sort of look forward to it happening.  Mine have typically been way too vivid and detailed to dismiss as any sort of coincidence.

Also, my wife had a minor wreck one morning on the way to work.  Her mother instantly sat up in bed with a strong feeling that one of her "babies" was in trouble.  She threw on her clothes and took off driving the normal route to our baby sitter's house.  Sure enough, she found my wife's fender bender location just as surely as if someone had telephoned her in advance.  And, yes, this was back before cell phones were commonplace.

It's things like this that are evidence in my mind that there's a lot more to life than we know.  It's not my intention to hijack this into a religious thread, but I think spiritual people (like my wife's mom) are "in tune" with a greater power and sometimes it just comes through loud and clear if you know how to listen.  

[Doc Brown]"This is Heavy!"[/Doc Brown]

BBURN
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Years ago I dreamt that I was pitching in a softball game and got hit hard in the face with the ball, breaking my glasses and cutting up my eye badly.  Since that day, I have never pitched in a game (I used to all the time).  I've had too many deja vu experiences to tempt fate.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quite often.

I had a dream a while back that I was explaining the benefits of a shotgun to someone.

When I worked in a gun shop I started describing the benefits of the exact shotgun to the customer. At that point I realized that everything I was saying was as I had dreamed it. I felt powerless to change what I was saying and finished my schpeel in a bit of a trance.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
your back pain could be psychosomatic.

I would hope so, that would be better than nerve or disc issues. I've had two different people offer me Darvocets today, that was very hard to turn down
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i believe they are called premonatory dreams.  i've had them.  

it's great when it's a good dream and it comes true.

it's the bad ones that suck.

I generally don't dream about bad incidents, nor particularly good ones either. It's just constant deja-vu, you know, the feeling you did this/been here before, etc. Happens alot with me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a dream that I was having a dream once....I turned out to be ''mostly" true.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope not, I've got some really fucked up dreams...

Like giants and flying concrete blocks and rusty planes being dug up and flown in the fields.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
[/mood killer]  well, if my ex decides she wants to try things again in the near future, yes [mood killer]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Yup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#24]
tag

I wish I had cool dreams
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't tell you about my dreams what with the CoC and all.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top