Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:02:57 AM EDT

There are a couple people in my office who brush their teeth, sometimes several times a day, in the public restroom.  I know there is no place else to do it if you really must brush your teeth at work.  But that is just nasty.  One of them I have seen putting their toothbrush directly on the sink.  Usually though it is leaned on the tube of toothpaste, which has been sitting on the sink.

I could not do it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
wuss

edit: Mr. Hughes, youre urine jars are ready......
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]

What's nasty about it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
in before the hard core "i dont use public restrooms" germophobes
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
??? i don't see the problem with it?  i've done it a few times, such as when i've lost my toothbrush and had to buy a new one on the way to class.  obviously you've never lived in a college dorm also, i think that communal dorm bathrooms qualify as "public restrooms".
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What's nasty about it?

There is no way I can say this woithout it sounding kinda wrong.  But.  I don't want to do anything with my mouth in a public restroom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I did it when I lived in the dorms (no other choice).  I was always very careful about keeping the head of the brush clean.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are a couple people in my office who brush their teeth, sometimes several times a day, in the public restroom.  I know there is no place else to do it if you really must brush your teeth at work.  But that is just nasty.  One of them I have seen putting their toothbrush directly on the sink.  Usually though it is leaned on the tube of toothpaste, which has been sitting on the sink.

I could not do it.

you probably couldnt handle a sandbox deployment then. Ya brush your teeth in a sink hundreds use, you use shitters that many many people use, etc. etc.
on a good day i'll go to the sink rather than use a bottle of water and spit on the ground infront of me.
and I use the sink water that will "give you the shits", ony if you drink the stuff retards!

oh, and TP... yeah, your arse would be happier with 80 grit sand paper.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't want to do anything with my mouth in a public restroom.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's nasty about it?

so, you dont give casual blowjobs in the restroom at work?

homophobe
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
??? i don't see the problem with it?  i've done it a few times, such as when i've lost my toothbrush and had to buy a new one on the way to class.  obviously you've never lived in a college dorm also, i think that communal dorm bathrooms qualify as "public restrooms".

I lived in a dorm.  8 guys, 1 bathroom(double sink).  I had a little bucket for my stuff off to the side.  People at work are putting their toothbrushes right on the sink.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]
It's ok, as long as they don't leave their toothbrushes out where anyone can get hold of them. I know two guys, one of whom pissed off the other so bad that the aforementioned other took the pisser's TB and used it to scrub his dog's asshole squeaky clean. Then he put it back.

Ew...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#13]
As one who brushes (not including flossing) a minimum of six times a day, I will not brush (or floss) in a public restroom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
They did a study once: public restrooms that are cleaned regularly with chemicals have fewer germs in them than your average office phone, computer keyboard, etc.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's ok, as long as they don't leave their toothbrushes out where anyone can get hold of them. I know two guys, one of whom pissed off the other so bad that the aforementioned other took the pisser's TB and used it to scrub his dog's asshole squeaky clean. Then he put it back.

Ew...

that is awesome!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's nasty about it?

so, you dont give casual blowjobs in the restroom at work?

homophobe

Nope.  Receive only.  You offering.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Having lived in dorms and barracks, and spending most of my career in airports: You do what you gotta do. Brushing your teeth in a public restroom is a lesser evil than not brushing your teeth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could not do it.

you probably couldnt handle a sandbox deployment then. Ya brush your teeth in a sink hundreds use, you use shitters that many many people use, etc. etc.
on a good day i'll go to the sink rather than use a bottle of water and spit on the ground infront of me.
and I use the sink water that will "give you the shits", ony if you drink the stuff retards!

oh, and TP... yeah, your arse would be happier with 80 grit sand paper.

I picked up a case of Montezuma's Revenge on a mexican Amphibious Landing and Occupation (err, at a resort) after just brushing with the shitwater.. I'm convinced I didn't swallow any.

As for the original topic, the bathroom at work gets cleaned every night.  I'm not getting into when the last time we cleaned the john at home
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#20]
It grosses me out too. We have a few guys who do it here. One of them makes a big production out of brushing his teeth, walking down the hallway scrubbing like crazy. I think he's a freak. Last time, I noted that all three shared the same nationality and my thread got locked.

Now if someone would do something about the person across the hallway smacking her food at 80 decibels....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I've seen too many people puke into public sinks (some private ones too) to put anything in there.
Thats disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I could not do it.

I brush my teeth in the public restroom. I don't put my brush down on the counter-top though.
I am a clean freak and am wary of germs. I've dropped my travel brush and have thrown it away because of it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#23]
What's the problem? You keep your stuff in a little bag so the brush never touches the sink. All you are using is the water. It's not like you are French kissing the sink.

When you get back to your desk, you wash your hands with Purell. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could not do it.

I brush my teeth in the public restroom. I don't put my brush down on the counter-top though.
I am a clean freak and am wary of germs. I've dropped my travel brush and have thrown it away because of it.

Quoted:
What's the problem? You keep your stuff in a little bag so the brush never touches the sink. All you are using is the water. It's not like you are French kissing the sink.

When you get back to your desk, you wash your hands with Purell. Problem solved.

exactly.  and as I said in the original post, some of these people are just putting their bush on the sink counter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Last month, I was on a ten hour layover in Amsterdam's Schipol airport, and some middle-eastern dude asked me if he could borrow some of my toothpaste.  He had his toothbrush in-hand.  Luckily, I had forgotten my toothpaste also.

No way was going to let some stranger rub his toothbrush on my tube of toothpaste!!

M.L.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Just get right to the end.
Stay in your desk and just rub some Purell on your teeth.
Problem solved... and saved time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Nope.  Receive only.  You offering.

whether you're pitching or catching, you're still playing the game

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#28]
When no one's around I pee on everything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
When no one's around I pee on everything.

you accomplish nothing.  urine is sterile.  if anything, you are cleaning the place
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived in a dorm.  8 guys, 1 bathroom(double sink).  I had a little bucket for my stuff off to the side.  People at work are putting their toothbrushes right on the sink.

that's not really a communal "dorm" bathroom.  try 3 bathrooms, 6 sinks each, 200 people total.  it tended to get pretty nasty.  because there were 3 bathrooms on each floor of the dorm, in order to "ensure gender equality", 1 bathroom was made coed.  it resulted in some weird situations.  ever been taking a shower, and a couple walks into the shower stall adjacent to you and starts having noisy sex?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top