Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:37:25 PM EDT
Hey all,
question for you Sirius users.  Is it easy to install yourself?  I want to get the Sirius One receiver, but it cost $140 installed.  I can get the same unit for about $40 on Ebay, but have to install it myself.  Easy to rig-up myself or should I just pay the money and not deal with the headache.  Seems pretty simple, all it seems to be is an antenna cord.

Also, can I hook it up to a boom-box?  Thanks,

Rincon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
For $20 I'll tell you how to get the channels for free.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey all,
question for you Sirius users.  Is it easy to install yourself?  I want to get the Sirius One receiver, but it cost $140 installed.  I can get the same unit for about $40 on Ebay, but have to install it myself.  Easy to rig-up myself or should I just pay the money and not deal with the headache.  Seems pretty simple, all it seems to be is an antenna cord.

Also, can I hook it up to a boom-box?  Thanks,

Rincon.

the sirius one reciever sticks on just like a radar detector.  if you can put on a radar detector, you can do the S1.  The recievers broadcast the sirius signal to an empty FM station, so you don't need to run a wire to your car's stereo, you only need to get power for the unit.  installations are rip offs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Good enough.  Ebay it is.  Bidding on this one.

Can I hook it up to the boombox though?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top