Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:02 PM EDT
Thoughts?

linkage
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
As the price oil climbs, the alternative sources of domestic oil will open up.  Conservationists be damned.

Also alternative fuels will be emphasised.

Its only a matter of time, before the greedy arabs force other sources of energy to be developed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been hearing more and more about expanding our use of shale and coal. Still, it remains to be seen if some of the stuff they are talking about is technologically feasible. It would be great news if it was...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been hearing more and more about expanding our use of shale and coal. Still, it remains to be seen if some of the stuff they are talking about is technologically feasible. It would be great news if it was...

It not really a matter of it being "technologically" feasable.  It's about being economically feasable.

And yes, one day it will be.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oil sands are my take... they perform well in my portfolio. As do sour crude refs.

But don't forget refinery/ rig maint. Co's.

Ethanol is OK, but the crack spread isn't right just yet. Everyone panicking over nothing, is fantastic for me. Keep watching the news and my kids will have the best schools.

BTW, I watch Natgas exploration small caps with little investment bloom...

Peak oil? Peak highs.

edit:
Just for fun, check the charts on vlo, fto, bas, and wnr.  See what I mean?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As the price oil climbs, the alternative sources of domestic oil will open up.  Conservationists be damned.

Also alternative fuels will be emphasised.

Its only a matter of time, before the greedy arabs force other sources of energy to be developed.

Won't happen.  We peaked in 1970/71 at 10.5 million barrels a day, now we produce less than 5 million.  We consume over 20 million.

We will become energy self-sufficient through demand destruction.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oil sands are my take... they perform well in my portfolio. As do sour crude refs.

Ethanol is OK, but the crack spread isn't right just yet. Everyone panicking over nothing, is fantastic for me. Keep watching the news and my kids will have the best schools.

Peak oil? Peak highs.

Only last untill people get over the "No Blood For Oil" crap.

The only "shortage" in world oil supplies is a shortage of wells not controlled by people who hate the US.

And since we have the dominant military in the world, that is a largely self-imposed situation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peak oil? Peak highs.

Only last untill people get over the "No Blood For Oil" crap.

The only "shortage" in world oil supplies is a shortage of wells not controlled by people who hate the US.

And since we have the dominant military in the world, that is a largely self-imposed situation.

I understand that, and you understand that... We have not sorted out Iraq, though. When we do, I'll be long with something else.  

It's unfortunate that people can't see the forest for the trees. It's impossible to think rational thought of their own.... goddamn simple commonsense will make you rich in the market - because you don't watch from a lofty perch....

but the news says oils is ending and what will you do?

I'll invest in a company that extracts oil from plastic.... like I have been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top