Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:17:32 PM EDT
Got the results back from MRI and I have some degenerative disk in my neck. Now it is off to see a neurologist to see how bad it is and what course of action to take. I want to try all options before I let them cut me. I am taking a low dose of elavil which suppose to help with the nerve pain but it gives me an attitude I could care less what happens. So....

What a drag it is getting old
Kids are different today,
I hear ev’ry mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she’s not really ill
There’s a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother’s little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day

Things are different today,
I hear ev’ry mother say
Cooking fresh food for a husband’s just a drag
So she buys an instant cake and she burns her frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of a mother’s little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more

Men just aren’t the same today
I hear ev’ry mother say
They just don’t appreciate that you get tired
They’re so hard to satisfy, you can tranquilize your mind
So go running for the shelter of a mother’s little helper
And four help you through the night, help to minimize your plight

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more

Life’s just much too hard today,
I hear ev’ry mother say
The pusuit of happiness just seems a bore
And if you take more of those, you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter of a mother’s little helper
They just helped you on your way, through your busy dying day
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
age?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a degenerative disk in my back. Went to a neurologist and he said about 1/2 of them never get any worse or do so very slowly. I had intense pain for about a week and then it faded to the daily discomfort that I have every day. I still carry my golf bag and do alot of lifting I'm just more careful now.I'm 35.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been having pains off and on for a good while but I just ignore them. Now it has been a month in which it is affecting me on doing my daily routine and my right hand is getting numb. I have been keeping my neck stiff and not turning it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not that far away.
Good luck with the disc and meds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a little relief from an inversion table. I think mostly I was lucky that it started to not hurt as bad. I still have a weird portion on my upper leg that is a little numb. Not nearly as disconcerting as numbness in your hands. The worst part is it is numb to a light touch but hyper sensitive to any thing that is a little painful. If I hit that part of my leg on the corner of a counter or something I'll practically piss myself. It goes away fast though. The first thing my doc did was put me on oral steroids(solumedrol) it worked great and made me feel awesome. Long car rides are a bitch for me as well. Remember it's your right to get a second opinion and physical therapy(not a chiropractor) can work wonders.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I had some undiagnosed neck issues. All the signs were there, I just didn't know the language. Then I got clotheslined by one of those thorny 'wait a minute' vines just as I hit the gas in 1st gear out riding some single track in the woods. Really jerked my head around to the left.

6 months later my necked started locking up when I would hold my head in a certain orientation for too long. Go to the neurosurgeon thinking I will get a little operation and back to riding. Nope, I'm facked. This was back in 2000/2001.  Had to close my business. Can't lift anything over about 25 lbs without paying a price later.  My migraines have really gotten bad.

Yep, getting old sucks.

[ The Frankenstein cuts went 3/4 around my neck. Still have the scars. ]

rj

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had some undiagnosed neck issues. All the signs were there, I just didn't know the language. Then I got clotheslined by one of those thorny 'wait a minute' vines just as I hit the gas in 1st gear out riding some single track in the woods. Really jerked my head around to the left.

6 months later my necked started locking up when I would hold my head in a certain orientation for too long. Go to the neurosurgeon thinking I will get a little operation and back to riding. Nope, I'm facked. This was back in 2000/2001.  Had to close my business. Can't lift anything over about 25 lbs without paying a price later.  My migraines have really gotten bad.

Yep, getting old sucks.

[ The Frankenstein cuts went 3/4 around my neck. Still have the scars. ]

rj

i2.tinypic.com/sy2n3o.jpg

holy shit! that looks like a botched garroting
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Felt like it too.  I was actually expecting air to be coming out the front and blood out the sides.  I probably slid about 15 ft with the vine cutting the crap out of my neck and trapping my helmet against my shoulder.  I really thought some asshole had strung barb wire across the trail.

DRT

rj
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not getting old!!!!
I'm 43 and stilll a kid
I have two children ages 7 and 10
I have a wonderfull wife
I just bought a motorcyle
I ride my bicyle to work 3x a week
I hike
I go to church weekly and talk to God much
I backpack
I make and drink my own beer
I still have kinky sex (with my wife)
I garden
I keep good care of my cars, truck, home
I am a good dad
I am active in Boys Scouts of America
I am going to school to earn a second degree
I believe I am trying to make this world a better place but could do more if I were President
I work my ass off engineering military and commercial aircraft engine components
I am a woodworker and have built my last 2 shops by myself
I own beach property and have an RV to camp on in the summer
I love life and I am a fucking kid who refuses to grow up!!!!!

I said a prayer for your condition. I know the pills suck, Take a moment each day for yourself. GOD BLESS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top