Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 6:20:19 AM EDT

if you don't hear from me again i've gone on to the good Lord.  If this weekend and this morning is indicative of how the rest of the week is going to be, I may go ahead and call in dead.    It all started with my wife's message about her check engine light coming on ( her car is about to give up the ghost, I was just hoping it would wait until she graduated college).  Monday morning, just another week starting out fresh with it's new issues, I thought to myself.  Brush it off.

So I am leaving, I start my truck and get out to take the garbage to the road, when this guy walks up out of no where.  He is scraggly looking and asks if I have a phone he can use since he ran out of gas.  I told him no and included that I didn't have any money on me, since I was a little later than usual leaving this morning and he looked suspicious.  So, of course, he asks if I can drop him off down the road at the house that he's working on.  

What could I say?  Someone asks for help you take them the extra mile, what the Bible says we are to do.  So, we hop in.  I move my lunch sack into the floor in case God forbid I have to get to my pistol behind the arm rest. (which would have made for a great draw-down story this morning)  I attempt to put it in drive to pull out, but I'm stuck in the mud there on the side of the house.  If I had ANY idea it was going to rain, I wouldn't have parked there since it always gets stuck.  But I checked the friggin' forecast before I went to bed - clear and dry!!

Anyhow, so after pulling up a little and easing back in different positions, I finally am able to get free by flooring it through the power poles (at the edge of the neighbor's yard, which I am going to have to apologize to them for doing later on) and out onto the street.  I drop him off down the road, mind you I'm really late now, and pull off to go to work.  I reach down to pull my lunch sack back up into the seat, which contains the soup and my book I'm reading, and I find that the soup had tumped and spilled all over the book.

Did I mention that my house was a friggin kennel this weekend, for my wife's friend's dog who proceeded to puke on our carpet, dump on our hardwoods, and piss in our bathroom?  Oh, and mortifying embarrasment of screwing up the powerpoint presentation for Sunday church not just one time but for THREE SERVICES in a row, in front of the whole congregation?

Anyhow, if you all don't hear from me again soon, I just wanted to give you the little FYI that it is because whatever was out to get me - got me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They have powerpoint presentations in church now?

Just for the words for the music
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your bad monday start BB.

When I unlocked the office this morning 3" of water ran out around my feet.  Seems a water line broke over the weekend and the whole office is flooded.  Waiting on a large shopvac as I type.  Hope your day get sbetter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
The pilot of that C5 is having a worse Monday than you, I strongly suspect.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Any day above ground is a good day....

Buck up, lil buckaroo.

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I suppose a GI in Iraq may be having a worser morning.

Sorry, not trying to minimilize your crappy day but just putting these in perspective and counting my blessings.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#8]
How about waking up with a bad migraine and not being able to call off and stay home cause your job is very very important (until around 9am, then they can care less what you do).

God, I am suffering. The meds the doctors give me suck! I swear next time I go to the nuerologist I am going to hand him a Voodoo Chicken Head rattle and ask him to wave it over my head as it is just as effective as the medicine he gives me and has less side effects. <<== that is how I feel right now, like my right eye is bugling out of my head.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How about waking up with a bad migraine and not being able to call off and stay home cause your job is very very important (until around 9am, then they can care less what you do).

God, I am suffering. The meds the doctors give me suck! I swear next time I go to the nuerologist I am going to hand him a Voodoo Chicken Head rattle and ask him to wave it over my head as it is just as effective as the medicine he gives me and has less side effects. <<== that is how I feel right now, like my right eye is bugling out of my head.

I puked everytime I got them. I went the vitamin B-12 route and I don't get them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Having a good Monday morning. It's my birthday and the office girl is wearing a really low cut top!! And shorts!!hr

...ok wheres the pics fella?!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Any day above ground is a good day....

Buck up, lil buckaroo.

efxguy

Unless you are caving.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Well....

My g/f's brother's best friend was killed sometime Sunday by a bunch of guys from some bar.  He went to hospital bleeding out his ears, and the ER they went to sent him home.  He died Sunday morning.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#13]
sorry bro, my wifes car is acting suspicious too
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#14]
BB,

I drove 15 hours to Alexandria, VA yesterday, losing two hours of sleep (1 to DST before leaving and 1 to the time-zone change along the way), then couldn't sleep once I got checked into my room at 2AM local time.  (High-speed wireless, so I surfed here when I couldn't sleep. )  Finally got to sleep a little after 4AM local.

My CDC training doesn't start until mid-day, so I thought it would be okay & I could sleep in a little this morning to compensate.  What I didn't know about was the LOUD construction that would begin @ 7AM...

Oh well, the breakfast buffet was good and I got an enthusiastic "HI DADDY!" on the phone from Junior this morning.

I hope your day gets better, fast!

ETA:  tyman's post above wasn't there when I started typing this - my lost sleep seems even more minor & petty now than when I typed it.

tyman - my condolences and prayers for all.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude I can totally relate to several things you said.

I also do PP presentations at our church with 3 services and upwards to 5000 active members. I also completely screw up the presentation very often, yet when I'm feeling lowest and like I should give it up there is always somebody who comes up to me and tells me that out of all the people who do the PP, they think I do it the best. They are there to encourage me and to tell me that they appreciate my getting up early and being there so they can see the words to the songs and the sermon notes. They say I'm always right on cue and that I never make a mistake.....yeah right. Anyway, remember that you know how it's supposed to go and that when you get in a sermon or a song and the Spirit of God starts to move things do not always go as planned. You're probably being to hard on yourself.

I tend to get screwed whenever I try to be nice and let somebody pull out in front of me or give somebody a ride. Your soup on the book story is similar to things that happen to me on a daily basis. I keep right on letting people without turn signals get over in front of me without cussing them out (most of the time) and letting people pull out in front of me. I realized that all the pissing and moaning I've ever done has never once helped the situation and I alway's end up still having to deal with the problem, sometimes a worse problem because of the results of my anger.....

Not to be rude or trivialize your frustration brother, I'm here to encourage....

You are healthy and have a job to go to.

Your wife is healthy and loves you.

Kids....also healthy and love you.

You have a house for the neighbor’s dog to piss on/in.

It is Satan, as he is here to kill, steal and destroy, but mostly it's just life. It is a bitch you know and God never promised us a rose garden in fact He did say we would have "many afflictions" but also that He would be with us to deliver us through all of them. Through them, that means there is another side, but it's the going through that strengthens our character and makes us the strong men of God our wives and kids need to see.

I'll be praying for you today brother, I'm very well aware of where you are today. I know it sounds cliché but count it all joy, this life is but a moment in the eternity we will spend in the presence of a perfect and Holy God. It's a training ground for heaven, and God is perfecting you.

Chin up, the God of the universe is your Father and thinks of you as a friend.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I thought you were gonna tell us you woke up to find out your mother had passed away. Next I figured you were gonna be robbed or jacked. Then I thought you were gonna be involved in an automobile accident and that you were now on life support
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Don't try to shoot yourself whatever you do. You will likely miss or have a squib round.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 Don't try to shoot yourself whatever you do. You will likely miss or have a squib round.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude I can totally relate to several things you said.

I also do PP presentations at our church with 3 services and upwards to 5000 active members. I also completely screw up the presentation very often, yet when I'm feeling lowest and like I should give it up there is always somebody who comes up to me and tells me that out of all the people who do the PP, they think I do it the best. They are there to encourage me and to tell me that they appreciate my getting up early and being there so they can see the words to the songs and the sermon notes. They say I'm always right on cue and that I never make a mistake.....yeah right. Anyway, remember that you know how it's supposed to go and that when you get in a sermon or a song and the Spirit of God starts to move things do not always go as planned. You're probably being to hard on yourself.

I tend to get screwed whenever I try to be nice and let somebody pull out in front of me or give somebody a ride. Your soup on the book story is similar to things that happen to me on a daily basis. I keep right on letting people without turn signals get over in front of me without cussing them out (most of the time) and letting people pull out in front of me. I realized that all the pissing and moaning I've ever done has never once helped the situation and I alway's end up still having to deal with the problem, sometimes a worse problem because of the results of my anger.....

Not to be rude or trivialize your frustration brother, I'm here to encourage....

You are healthy and have a job to go to.

Your wife is healthy and loves you.

Kids....also healthy and love you.

You have a house for the neighbor’s dog to piss on/in.

It is Satan, as he is here to kill, steal and destroy, but mostly it's just life. It is a bitch you know and God never promised us a rose garden in fact He did say we would have "many afflictions" but also that He would be with us to deliver us through all of them. Through them, that means there is another side, but it's the going through that strengthens our character and makes us the strong men of God our wives and kids need to see.

I'll be praying for you today brother, I'm very well aware of where you are today. I know it sounds cliché but count it all joy, this life is but a moment in the eternity we will spend in the presence of a perfect and Holy God. It's a training ground for heaven, and God is perfecting you.

Chin up, the God of the universe is your Father and thinks of you as a friend.

feeling better already
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top