Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 4:21:24 AM EDT
We had termites two years ago and got the whole house/foundation treated.  Yesterday, I saw some more in the same spot .  The place that treated our house guarantees their treatment if you have an annual inspection and pay a $100 fee, which we do each year.  Does anyone know if the average pest control outfit takes care of the wood damage if termites come back?  I forgot check my policy and I was going to call them this morning from work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on which outfit you used, you might be okay and then again you might be screwed.

Is it one of the national chains? If so, good luck.

My aunt and uncle had one of those national outfits treat their house for years. Finally, as their carport collapsed after all the termite damage they sued them and won.

Your best bet is to find a local outfit and ask for references.

It sounds like you have Orkin, is that correct? If so, good luck, you'll need it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have Home Paramount.

...and I just called them.  They don't cover it but they're coming out tomorrow morning to address the situation at no cost to me.  I guess I'll be taking a trip to Home Depot after they're done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top