Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 12:18:08 AM EDT
This is the best read I have seen on the 2nd Amendment. I am sure most of you here will find this interesting and useful in your future arguments. I must warn, it is a long read (42 pages), but not a word is wasted.

"THE MILITIA OF THE SEVERAL STATES" GUARANTEE THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

I have created this Word Document (contains all 8 parts) for those of you that wish to retain a copy of the full article, and I would expect most of you will.

We must act soon or we will forever have only ourselves to blame for letting the current elitist corporate globalist scum bags that currently run the show to run off with the only protection we had against them.

All of you more senior Americans like me will understand this threat better than the young crowd that have been indoctrinated by a less than forthright establishment. The youth are going to pay the highest price in all of this. I am really concerned about the world I will be handing my son, I am ashamed of what we have done to it. This USA is so far removed from the USA I grew up in. This country had so much potential. My heart sinks every time I think of how it could have been. And what's worse is that it is getting even worse still

The people are no longer being represented in their government, and the Constitution is currently being eroded at a rate that is shocking to even the most hard core cynics. That the American citizens are putting up with this attack and simply going about their business as usual is mind boggling to me. I for one, have dramatically changed my life to at least attempt to wake people up and have some effect on the outcome. I hope many of you choose to at least make yourself heard and not acquiesce. The future is RIGHT NOW.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for later
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
tag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#7]
TAG
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Yet another TAG.

-K
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]
gat
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Samuel Adams
That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of The United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms... — Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at 86-87 (Pierce & Hale, eds., Boston, 1850).

[W]hen we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly.... [However, now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.
Former Pres. Bill Clinton, MTV's "Enough is Enough," April 19, 1994

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
tag

gat
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tag

What he said.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Samuel Adams
That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of The United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms... — Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at 86-87 (Pierce & Hale, eds., Boston, 1850).

[W]hen we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly.... [However, now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.
Former Pres. Bill Clinton, MTV's "Enough is Enough," April 19, 1994

YIKES!
I had not heard that one before. It's some scary thinking, only a NWO fascist could make such a statement, and the fact that the sheeple did not explode in rage over that comment is even scarier.

I guess you all are still reading that article, I can't wait to see the discussion over  it.

Now all we need is a Revolution!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
..............TTTTTTTTT.......A..................GGGGG.................
....................T............AA...............G..........G..............
....................T...........A..A.............G...........................
....................T..........A....A............G...........................
....................T.........AAAAA............G......GGGGG............
....................T........A........A...........G..........G..............
....................T.......A..........A............GGGGG.................
................................................................................
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#16]
bookmarked - taging does not work for us lowely non-team memebers...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not tagging this
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
yeah, me too.  Tag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#19]
"...dissolve in the acid of their own absurdity. "

Haha.  I love it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag...

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm not tagging this

me either

ETA:  Crap!!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#23]
tag for after work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top