Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 11:04:14 PM EDT
This will be my first trip to the Creek.  My goals are to fire some of the weapons that I plan to pick up later.  I want to fire them first to make sure that I really want one.

I also want to go to the gunshow area and pick up a bunch of ammo and kits.  I know I need to be there Friday at 9AM...but that is ALL I know.

What I should expect to see for as far as major ammo and parts dealers goes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
You won't be firing anything at the creek unless you rent a machine gun or bring your own and enter one of the competitions. There is also shooting on the lower range but again, its a bring your own thing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You won't be firing anything at the creek unless you rent a machine gun or bring your own and enter one of the competitions. There is also shooting on the lower range but again, its a bring your own thing.

Yeah I know.  I want to actually fire some of the class III stuff that is on my list of weapons to buy.

I thought the machine gun rental thing went w/o saying.

ETA...the weapons I want to fire are:
1919A6
BAR
HK21
and a PPSH if there's one there.  Sadly they are scarce.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't plan on spending too much time actually handling the machine guns.  When I was there they were pushing people through the line as fast as they could put a new magazine in the gun.  Don't get me wrong it was fun and you get a feel for the gun but when your 5 seconds are up the push you out of the way so that someone else can shoot.  The only way to get more time is to pay.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't plan on spending too much time actually handling the machine guns.  When I was there they were pushing people through the line as fast as they could put a new magazine in the gun.  Don't get me wrong it was fun and you get a feel for the gun but when your 5 seconds are up the push you out of the way so that someone else can shoot.  The only way to get more time is to pay.

So I'll fire three mags, or a 100-150 round belt through each gun.  On the PPSH I'll rent it with a drum.  72 rounds.

When I was at Bulletfest I fired two weapons that WERE on my list.  It's cheaper to rent than it is to buy a weapon that I will soon hate, and then I'll lose money whhen I decide to sell it.

Does anyone know what vendors come to the Creek?  

My brother is a regular at the range(I'll be staying at his house), but he has never been to the machine gun shoot.  He hates large crowds.  So I have a good set of eyes up there but no one to tell me what vendors show up.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Everybody who is anybody will be there. Most, if not all, of the big ammo dealers will be setup in tents outside the pole barn.

Here's a partial list of some of the dealers in attendance: www.knobcreekrange.com/ click on the 'Sponsors' button.

and do yourself a BIG favor, get there at 8:00.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kits are going to make you sick, the kits now should mostly have barrels destroyed also since military barrels are banned from importation now, and torch cut receivers, no putting back together the smooth saw cuts of years past.

Well I'm not getting into Class II manufacturing...so the torch cut receivers aren't a big deal.

What about the kits that Century has...that a bunch of other vendors are selling.  The Romainian and Yugo kits?  They have enough in country to still be selling them at $100.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of ammo, I have 400 rounds of Federal XM193 (Lot #4) and 100 rounds of winchester Q3131A (Lot #PF22) that I purchased from ammoman several years ago that is currently for sale. I am asking for $100.00 for all 500 rounds which equals 20 cents per round. I live in georgia and I'm only interested in doing a face to face sale (preferably someplace close to columbus, georgia). I can provide references (from previous transactions) from glocktalk if necessary. My email is [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Speaking of ammo, I have 400 rounds of Federal XM193 (Lot #4) and 100 rounds of winchester Q3131A (Lot #PF22) that I purchased from ammoman several years ago that is currently for sale. I am asking for $100.00 for all 500 rounds which equals 20 cents per round. I live in georgia and I'm only interested in doing a face to face sale (preferably someplace close to columbus, georgia). I can provide references (from previous transactions) from glocktalk if necessary. My email is [email protected].

You might want to put that in the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Girlfriend's friend's husband (make sense ?) is a monster ClassIII collector (he is also listed as pre and post 86 weapons dealer).

His dad is one of the top 5 collectors in the nation (according to his weapons logs his collection is valued at over $5 million).  They own just about every FA weapon you can find.  He also owns several artillery and mortar pieces (75 mm Pac Howitzer being the largest, with plans to purchase a 105mm).

Anyway, they're heading up to the creek this weekend (lane 27 I believe).  He told me I could shoot anything they've got (Minigun and M2 for me!!!).

Is he a vendor? nope, but I had to tell someone before I spontaneously combusted.

Sorry for the thread highjack...carry on!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Everybody who is anybody will be there. Most, if not all, of the big ammo dealers will be setup in tents outside the pole barn.

Here's a partial list of some of the dealers in attendance: www.knobcreekrange.com/ click on the 'Sponsors' button.

and do yourself a BIG favor, get there at 8:00.  

How about these?

Aim Surplus
Centerfire
Century
Tapco
Hooters

Have you saw these companies there before?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I recall seeing Century recently but not the others, maybe with the exception of Aim Surplus. IIRC they were there a couple/five years ago...  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#14]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top