Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/2/2006 10:32:29 PM EDT
Pang 1179 and I are on the phone now talking about the best scenario for execution. since they are talking about getting rid of Lethal injection, He says firing squad and I think we should bring back the Guillotine.

What say you?

I know we have a few anti death penalty people here but this is not a pro vs anti death penalty discussion.

Some states I understand still have hanging and firing squads does yours?                            

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know this man! He is a troll!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pang 1179 and I are on the phone now talking about the best scenario for execution. since they are talking about getting rid of Lethal injection, He says firing squad and I think we should bring back the Guillotine.

What say you?

I know we have a few anti death penalty people here but this is not a pro vs anti death penalty discussion.

Some states I understand still have hanging and firing squads does yours?                            

DEATH by spiders!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wa still has hanging, but I don't think they have used it in quite awhile. The bastards keep choosing the needle instead.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that a 32 ounce ballpeen hammer and a Biohazard suit would work just fine
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I was set up to start this thread by Pang1179 by his responses...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
hanging or 2 to the back of the skull

gullotine is just too french
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Lockem in a cage until they stink, then bag and bury.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Impaling!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Public stonings
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Chinese method.  Bullet to back of head and all executed will be organ donors.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If it was up to me we'd dispose of them in exactly the same way they they did in their victims. If that includes a rape, so be it. We'll give big bubba the 285 pound black rapist a nicer cell for doing that work.

It should be totally random. No more execution dates. Why should they get time to put their life in order and prepare to die, their victims didn't get to. In an ideal world (where there were no civil rights issues....and we knew 100% beyond doubt they were guilty) we could even let them think they skated on a five year sentence and then their parole hearing could be a savage murder surprise, just like they gave their victims.

Anyway, I stand by the first part of my statement. They should be treated exactly as they treated their victims.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Impaling!!

That is up the ass with a large pole that is narrow at one end and gradually widens toward the other.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Chinese method.  Bullet to back of head and all executed will be organ donors.

Sounds good.  Cheap, and good for those in need of organs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Claw hammer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
wood chipper.
Actually I would like to see Old Sparky come back.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#16]
The Persian I read once had a really interesting method.  The would have an elephent step on your head which was placed on a step.  The elephent would have to step up, thus it would be slower.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Skin peeled and tied up in the sun
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Boiling.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Processed into dog food.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Boiling.

In hot oil!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Boiling.

In hot oil!

Wouldnt that mean they were fried?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
How ever they killed their victim. If  it involved rape and torture, so be it, and air it on tv, so anyone with future thoughts of  knocking  someone off, might think twice about it. I get tired of hearing the inhumane argument. Being humane usually wasn't a concern when the original murder occured.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Some of you guys are in some SERIOUS need of help ya know.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Some of you guys are in some SERIOUS need of help ya know.

Naw, just creative
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Boiling.

In hot oil!

Wouldnt that mean they were fried?

Nah slow cook have the oil room temp at start.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Speaking of skin peeling....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Buried in desert sands and then release the red ants; oh yeah, use tooth pics to keep the eyes open in the process.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  

What's to elaborate?  Nothing could be more heinous.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the Russian method is probably the most humane.

When your day comes you don't know it. They move you again, to yet another holding area. One the walls are small holes with plates that swing out of the way. Without warning you are shot in the back of the head while waiting to be moved to a new cell.

The Chinese have one with the best dark humor. After you are shot, your family is sent a bill for the cost of the bullet. That is just fucking cold I tell ya.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  

I was assuming he meant oral and rectal stuffing.  I could think of more painful things to stuff.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If it was up to me we'd dispose of them in exactly the same way they they did in their victims. If that includes a rape, so be it. We'll give big bubba the 285 pound black rapist a nicer cell for doing that work.

It should be totally random. No more execution dates. Why should they get time to put their life in order and prepare to die, their victims didn't get to. In an ideal world (where there were no civil rights issues....and we knew 100% beyond doubt they were guilty) we could even let them think they skated on a five year sentence and then their parole hearing could be a savage murder surprise, just like they gave their victims.

Anyway, I stand by the first part of my statement. They should be treated exactly as they treated their victims.

As much as I agree with your general sentiment. I think just killing them asap in the cheapest and most efficient manner is still preferable. I don't care how they go, just so long as it's sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My skin peels if Im out in the sun too long.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I think the whole focus on humane executions is the stupidest way to go about designing an execution method.  That is how you end up with things like the electric chair and the gas chamber.  They should make it as simple as possible.  

Death by mini-gun or claymore.

Seems to me that the best way to go is quickly and violently.  Being sawn in half from head to toe by 2000 rounds is a damn quick way to go.

The movement to humane executions is just for the consolation of pansy polititions and thier limp wristed constituents.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Here is a banana
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Force them into a 4'x4' room with Celine Dion playing nonstop.  I guarantee they would find any means to put an end to their own suffering.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  

I was assuming he meant oral and rectal stuffing.why would that be the first thing you think of?!?!?!

I could think of more painful things to stuff.  whats with the stuffing??

PING PONG BEAT DOWN
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Put them in a cell with a noose tied to the ceiling and a chair. They should be given solitary confinement 24/7 with bread and water till they die, one way or another.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I am deeply disturbed by people who want such painful and cruel means of execution.
Such sentiments run counter to those of the Founders, who were in many instances, in favor of reducing the amount of crimes for which the death penalty was used.

IMO hanging and death by firing squad are the two best means of execution.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Lay the bastard down on an operating table (fully conscious of course).

Very slowly, make an incision in the skin from the top to the bottom of the torso.

Slowly, slowly, make horizontal incisions so that there are two big flaps of skin on the torso.

Pull apart the flaps.

Pour a sufficient amount of a highly corrosive acid into the exposed area.

If the victim somehow survives, then pour sand into his mouth and nose until he suffocates.

Of course, air the whole thing on television to set an example.

No, I'm not a disturbed person.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Michelin Necklace.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#44]

I still don't understand why a large dose of powerful barbituates isn't a viable alternative to the standard (and very odd) lethal injection coctail.

Heroin addicts die this way all the time.  They find them with the needle still in the vein, with half the dose injected.

I've never heard a good explanation for why they use the three-drug sequence in lethal injection, or why they use such a weak and short-acting barbituate.  As far as I am aware, an enormous dose of morphine or a similar drug will do the job humanely.

People seem to have an aversion to the splatter-y methods, so the one 'violent' method that assures an instantaneous loss of sensation and virtually gurantees zero pain (large caliber fast gunshot through brain) is not considered.

Other than that, I think hanging (long drop, quick stop) is the quickest, surest and least likely to cause undue pain.  Gas chamber is often mentioned, but the requirement that the condemned participate actively in his/her execution by taking the final breath(s) is, to me, inhumane and likely to induce terror.  And, despite my abhorence of the crimes committed by some of our most heinous criminals, I do not support any method that would be likely to cause significant pain or undue terror before unconciousness.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
DEATH BY PING PONG BALLS

Elaborate?  

I was assuming he meant oral and rectal stuffing.why would that be the first thing you think of?!?!?! I fail to see how a ping pong ball could kill?  They earned pain in my view and live taxedermy would be bad.

I could think of more painful things to stuff.  whats with the stuffing??

PING PONG BEAT DOWN

If you want to beat someone to death slowly how about a phonebook?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I am deeply disturbed by people who want such painful and cruel means of execution.
Such sentiments run counter to those of the Founders, who were in many instances, in favor of reducing the amount of crimes for which the death penalty was used.

IMO hanging and death by firing squad are the two best means of execution.

Firing squad are not liked because some executioners feel guilty or simply oppose carrying out ther order.  Hence the one blank round tradition.  I still say chinese method or eye for eye.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Place subject on his/her back on the ground spread eagle with ropes attached to the wrists and ankles.
Attach the other end of ropes to the saddle of 4 different horses (originally- but nowadays I guess trucks or motorcicles would work too).
Upon being given the signal, all horses (trucks, motorcycles, whatever) take off at full speed in 4 separate directions.

...Eventually somethings gotta give

Bullets and the guillotine are too quick.
lethal injection is too painless.

Nothing beats being drawn and quartered.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, I've heard the George Carlin rant on capital punishment.  I recommend it.  Damn funny.

Anyway, along some of the same lines as him, I just thought of a good one:

Drop the convict out of a plane at 30,000 feet over the desert.  On the surface will be hundreds of 6 foot circles, each purchased in a lottery fashion.  The owner of the circle the convict lands on gets the pot, or the trip to Jamaica, or a new car, or whatever.

I think it has promise...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Muzzle to the back of the head.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top