Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:45:42 PM EDT

front view of old helmet with leather chin strap

right side view of helmet

rear view of helmet

the seller says it's possibly WWI or WWII French? it's a varient of the Adrian helmet but has no badge on the front?

what country do you think it could have been used by? and what year / era is it from WWI or WWII?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
austrian?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I found this picture of a WWI French helmet that looks very similiar?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I found this picture of a WWI French helmet that looks very similiar?

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cyberdyne101/98c0a551.jpg

That would be correct. It's French WW-I
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks belgian
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say it looks pretty ghey so it must be French.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]
the French Adrian style helmet was also adopted by several other countries: Italy ,  Belgium, Mexico, Russia, etc. , The US did not adopt the helmet for wide distribution to American troops, they did use the helmet to outfit the all black 93rd Infantry Division during WWI
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Its Phrench or Belgian
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would say it looks pretty ghey so it must be French.

It looks like a penis.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah its got the flag holder, has to be phrench.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats a Star Wars Naboo fighter helmet!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a fellow on gunboards.com who can probably tell you more about that helmet than you'll ever want to know. I think his screen name is JPS.. at any rate, he has his own WW1 militaria forum. Post it there and they'll probably be able to tell you the exact nationality and maybe the approximate date it was made.

If that is a genuine ww1 helmet and the paint is original, you may have a nice collector piece on your hands. The eveness of the wear and tear makes me think it might be a modern antiquing job, but I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

Galland
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is a fellow on gunboards.com who can probably tell you more about that helmet than you'll ever want to know. I think his screen name is JPS.. at any rate, he has his own WW1 militaria forum. Post it there and they'll probably be able to tell you the exact nationality and maybe the approximate date it was made.

If that is a genuine ww1 helmet and the paint is original, you may have a nice collector piece on your hands. The eveness of the wear and tear makes me think it might be a modern antiquing job, but I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

Galland

he said it was a model 1926 French adrian helmet and that not all helmets had the badge in the front

I read that the Russians also used these and sometimes painted a red star on the front
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top