Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:59:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any legitimate online bachelers programs that are quick, and fairly cheap?, I'm looking for a REAL one that could actually be used as an education history without lyeing, and will hold up under a detailed background check NOT a diploma mill, however I don't care what field whatevers fastest, and cheapest....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of any legitimate online bachelers programs that are quick, and fairly cheap?, I'm looking for a REAL one that could actually be used as an education history without lyeing, and will hold up under a detailed background check NOT a diploma mill, however I don't care what field whatevers fastest, and cheapest....

as you've stated, most are diploma mills. I'd say your best bet is to enroll in a real university that just happens to have a portion of their classes offered online. When I was in college I had few courses that were broadcast via sat to various places like pharmaceutical companies where students were interning. Later they even registered students to watch by themselves online and take all the exams. I just don't think you'll find anything legit or that will be up to snuff for anyone requiring a real degree at one of those online colleges that you see advertising... Not to be nosey but you mind telling us the larger plan you seem to be hatching? Might be able to help more.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sounds like you have job opportunity.  Whats going on?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
University of Phoenix, but you have to put in your time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
9245 are you military? If you are send me an e-mail. There has been multiple page threads on this issue here.

FYI - If the U.S. Secretary of Education recognizes the institution you are working with then other U.S. Gov agencies will accept the education.  The U.S. Dept of Education will tell you if the institution is a diploma mill  --->    www.ed.gov/students/prep/college/diplomamills/index.html

Some of the members here might not like it but online degrees/ distance learning courses are becoming more and more available from universities that are finding a whole new market for working adults who are willing to pay.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Great site.  Looked up the school I'm doing online programs through to make sure it was legit (not really needed since my GI Bill money is coming anyways).
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Your best bet is to go with a real universities "distance learning" program.  Some will give you partial credit for real world experiance and Certs.

Be advised though, it's still not quick or easy.  If you find one that is, please let me know.

btw- don't forget to CLEP as many classes as you can.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Your best bet is to go with a real universities "distance learning" program.  Some will give you partial credit for real world experiance and Certs.

Be advised though, it's still not quick or easy.  If you find one that is, please let me know.

btw- don't forget to CLEP as many classes as you can.

Word. BillofRights is on point with it's not quick and easy. Just make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
9245 are you military? If you are send me an e-mail. There has been multiple page threads on this issue here.

FYI - If the U.S. Secretary of Education recognizes the institution you are working with then other U.S. Gov agencies will accept the education.  The U.S. Dept of Education will tell you if the institution is a diploma mill  --->    www.ed.gov/students/prep/college/diplomamills/index.html

Some of the members here might not like it but online degrees/ distance learning courses are becoming more and more available from universities that are finding a whole new market for working adults who are willing to pay.

Not yet but you've decifered my master plan, I want to go in anyway but if it's possible I'de like to do it as an officer instead of enlisted, if not then it's no big thing, but in an ideal world....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
The top three REAL schools that are regionally accredited are:

Thomas Edison State College
Regents College
Charter Oak State College

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sort of doing the same thing as you right now, but not to go in as an officer but to make up for a GED and some of my background.  The Marine Corps recruiter told me to get 15 credit hours then he could get me in.  I'm using the Indiana Wesleyan University.  It's a little cheaper than some of the others and the classes take a little over a month, but you can do them as fast as you want.  They charge $250.00 per credit.  Website is caps.inwes.edu  Good luck with getting in as an officer, I want to become an officer down the line too, but want start out at the bottom of the infantry and get some experience then work my way up.  Good Luck to you
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#12]
S.U.N.Y. ( State University of NY ) offers a pretty nice online degree program.  I'm currently enrolled. and like it.  I feel it is harder than sitting in a class room.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Please send your check for $1500 to "University of PeteCO, Colorado".  I will send appropriate paperwork in the mail.

Granted, most MBA's that work for me are as illiterate as a 7 year old (and I'm not kidding), but for certain types of jobs the degree is just not negotiable.

However, if you can get real results - executive level results, you might suprised how much jack you can make without a degree.  Of course most people with that level of competence don't go looking for jobs, but I digress.  Maybe you could start your own business?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top