Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:19 PM EDT
No wound pics, sorry. It's not that bad looking, anyway, it just stings.

So I'm walking to the terlet for to empty my bladder, and I feel a painful sting. I look at my foot and don't see anything, so I ignore it for ten minutes until the stinging just keeps getting worse and worse. I look at it in better light and hey, whaddayaknow, my foot glitters a bit, just on the sole of my right foot.

So I take trusty Mr. Tweezers and, with much effort on my part, yank the little bastard. Then I figure, why not let everybody on ARFCOM know of my misfortune? So here you are.

Penny for size comparison.

It's tiny, but it hurt like a motherfucker, let me tell you!

God, I hate glass splinters. I once carried one in the heel of my left foot for an entire year and a half before I was finally able to get it out!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
[myDad] That wouldn't have hurt me if it was in my eye[/myDad]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
[myDad] That wouldn't have hurt me if it was in my eye[/myDad]

Does your dad want to test? It's sitting in my trash can right now, I can fish it out and mail it to you...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I work in a plant that makes glass fiber yarn. I can attest first hand to the pain caused by a glass splinter.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You got some glass in your foot and you're posting it on arfcom?  Grow up you sissy!  I had more shrapnel than that taken out of my ass after that Glock kaboom last year!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Bloody little blaggard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
This wouldn't happen if you wore combat boots everywhere you went.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you see my post from last Tuesday or Wednesday night?? Had the foot of this FUCKER end going through the thin skin of my left foot... bled like a stuck pig... Bled... A LOT!!!

Eenie Meenie Miney Mo... Tigger catches Dr Frige by the toe....

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
A .22 HP, if aimed correctly will catch the offending sliver in the cavity and remove it. No pain, no gain.
JOKE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
almost as bad as fiberglass splinters
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The other week my foot was itching funny for a couple of days, then suddenly started hurting.  So I ended up stopping my truck and taking off my sandal and, lo and behold, a piece of glass pretty much just like that one there.  I was picking it out with a knife when someone came up behind me, honked, and scared the crap out of me.

Few months ago I got a 1/8 long pointy one in my heel, I was PISSED.  I couldn't get it out, but I could feel it grating on the tip of my knife.   The knife just stuck it in deeper.   I have a job where I do a lot of walking, so I had to just wait till it got a little inflamed (so I could find it) and then cut the whole area out.  Took a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Pain is weakness
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#13]
 <----------MagKnightX
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif  <----------MagKnightX

The URL says crying, but that looks more like sleeping. And I was, in fact, sleeping while most of these responses were posted.

And now I'm off to class for several hours.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A .22 HP, if aimed correctly will catch the offending sliver in the cavity and remove it. No pain, no gain.
JOKE!!!!

Which reminds me, I recall reading a few years ago of a drunken woman that shot a wart / corn off of her toe / foot. I don't believe she was successful in her endeavour.

ETA: Relocation of my text.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#16]
This board is going downhill when someone pussy posts for adulation a picture of his glass splinter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You got some glass in your foot and you're posting it on arfcom?  Grow up you sissy!  I had more shrapnel than that taken out of my ass after that Glock kaboom last year!

Were you shooting a Glock with your ass or doing something extra special at the range that day?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This board is going downhill when someone pussy posts for adulation a picture of his glass splinter.

You just don't get it, do you?

Learn what a joke is before posting again.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/MagKnightX/internet.jpg

Geez guys relax on him will ya? we had one guy here fall down a flight of stairs and his whole ass cheek was black n blue and he posted pics... I see no problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Not to long ago i was checking the distance of my new staple gun,well lets just say one made it into the living room and then my foot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Not to long ago i was checking the distance of my new staple gun,well lets just say one made it into the living room and then my foot.

LOL!!! My friend had an ND with a staple gun... thought it was empty and applied the staple gun to the butt cheek of my other friend and staples his ass.

Eh, we do dumb things when we are 14.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Eenie Meenie Miney Mo... Tigger catches Dr Frige by the toe....

Have to say it..

Tigger looks like he is happy that he is sprouting a big woody..
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#23]
My knee kept itching, so I finaly take a look, I had a 1/4" long metal sliver imbeded in my knee into the ligament, has to get some pliers to pull it out... I must have kneeled down on it in the shop...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif  <----------MagKnightX

The URL says crying, but that looks more like sleeping. And I was, in fact, sleeping while most of these responses were posted.

And now I'm off to class for several hours.

those are tears coming out of his eyes not ZZZZZZZZ's
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/MagKnightX/internet.jpg

Geez guys relax on him will ya? we had one guy here fall down a flight of stairs and his whole ass cheek was black n blue and he posted pics... I see no problem with it.

"The Battle of Dog1's Ass"

That was a classic!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top