Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:07:06 PM EDT
Just venting here but wouldn't you think that people actually go deaf eventually over something like this?? Ever had neighbors that love to blare the stereo so loud you can hear it even when your windows are closed? Every weekend since these people moved in we've been dealing with this constant boom boom boooom boom.. over and over again.. I think they have the same cd that keeps getting  played over and over again, the rhythm doesn't seem to change much.

The prob, can't do much though contract says they can make as much noise as they want until a certain time of night however it's so loud it actually gives you a beating headache that won't quit.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I once was that neighbor. The neighbor-wifey was pregnant, so hubby came over to ask me to keep it down. While we were talking he asked if I use my stereo for an alarm clock, since they often hear it early in the morning. I told him no, I just go to bed late.

I kept it turned down most of the time after that, except for when their barking dog started keeping me awake at night. I opened the window and put the speakers up there, then started blasting Metallica real loud. They got rid of the dog shortly after I started doing that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
worse.  the neighbors upstairs think they are fucking rock stars.  they play drums and bass ALL THE FUCKING TIME!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Check to see if you have a municipal or county noise/nuisance ordinance where you live.

Another thing -- lease agreement aside, landlords don't like having people like this infesting their property. If they're blasting music, it's more likely they're doing other shit like tearing the place up, etc. I'd complain anyway, and encourage other neighbors to do the same.

My girlfriend's landlord just evicted her upstairs neighbors over dumb shit like this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Used to walk upstairs and bang on the fucking door once a week at anytime between 11pm and 3am when the dickhead would get home and crank up the stereo. He moved after a month or two, guess he got evicted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
We used to live close to a college and the house two doors down was rented by college kids.  I had to deal with the fact they partied on the weekends, but one Sunday night at 2AM they were still going at it, playing loud music and talking really loud all out on the lawn.  My son had to go to school the next morning and my wife had to be at work early.  I sleep in my shorts and I walked out the front door wearing just my shorts, walked down the street to the front of their yard, stood there till someone noticed and said pretty loud "Do you know it's two in the fucking morning?"  Then I went home.  Party broke up after that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I know what thats like, I had nieghbors like that for years, it was just like you described it wasn't the music I could hear it was that damn bass thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, costantantly for hours, the only way I can describe my feelings about it was complete rage, and hatred, particularly when it wakes me up, and rattles all the windows, I wanted to go over and litterly rip there heads off, but I couldn't. There is no excuse for playing "music", (I put music in parenthesis because what they were listening to could hardly be called music the degeneret fuckers....) that loud, you only need it lound enough to hear, and certainly not loud enough for anyone outside to hear, people like that should be shot or at least sterilized my only consolation is that they will ruinn ruin there hearing, and probably lose it all togethor, and they deserve it....

It helps though to have a sterio that is capable of being turned up to several orders of magnitude lowder then theres though.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a neighbor years ago, would leave the windows open, stereo blasting... and then go off to work.  I asked him nicely a number of times to please turn it down.  

After that I just waited for him to leave, and turned off his power.  After the third time he got the message.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
is their circuit breaker box outside?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Lived downstairs from some party freaks once. If they weren't up late drinking, they were up late fighting (or both). Unfortunately for them, the water valve for their papartment was inside my bathroom, so I could stop the flow to their place at will. Complaining didn't work, but their lack of running water made quite a statement.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Back between marriages I wound up in some cheap apartments in what was primarily a student part of town. I had frats or sororities on 3 sides of me. They would have bands on a balcony 30 feet from my bedroom window; I would get home at midnight and they'd still be playing til 3 AM. I finally moved out when a frat bought a 4th nearby building.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Call the PoPo... tell'm you think there's a Meth lab next door.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Remember the old adage: My rights end where yours begin.

They are violating your right to peaceful enjoyment of your property.

Check with your local law enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I did.
I downloaded some bagpipe music from a few military service bands and proceeded to blast those until the blaring stereo stopped. He got the hint.

Bagpipe music doesnt have to be super-loud to carry an awful long way.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Jackasses that crank up their stereo in residential areas just do not realize how close they are coming to a violent death.

That's all I got to say 'bout that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#16]
mow your lawn. or use your chainsaw around 4:30 -
5:00 am and see how they like it. or crank up some opra, or gospel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, called the cops on 'em, second time they were smoking pot, got a two-fer !  They were obnoxious college punks, renters, not like we were destined to be life long buddies or anything.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I had an upstairs neighbour who would have their TV on REALLY LOUD. Like, so loud that you'd think they were exceptionally hard of hearing (which they weren't) and it went on until very late. It was so bad that I couldn't hear my own TV if I was watching it and there was nowhere in my flat where I couldn't hear it.

I complained a few times to the woman of the house (the guy was an asshole) and it would stop for a while then start up again. Until I friend of mine came to stay (Big Scary Type). After a couple of days of the noise, banged on the ceiling and the guy upstairs came racing down looking to intimidate me (did I mention he was an asshole?), my friend answered the door. I don't know what was said exactly, but the upstairs neighbour fell over himself running away and it didn't happen again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Some new neighbors recently moved in down the street.  Obviously their last home was the ghetto since they enjoy sitting on their front stoop, talking and screeching so loud that I can hear it inside the house with all the windows closed and the TV on.  Of course every sentence they used begins with "Motherfucker....".
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry about all the loud noise there, neighbor.

We used to have problems with neighbors at the school owned apt. buildings when I lived in Laramie. They would come home from night classes and carnk the stereo from about 2-4 am, when I had to be up for class at 6am the next morning.

We complained to housing, called the cops, all the proper stuff, and nothing helped, so finally we just got all the guys that were sick and tired of listning to their loud music every night and beat the shit out of all of them. No more music after that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
ya but i put a stop to it real quick.i get up at 4:00am and My's louder
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
im a college student myself, in a apt complex full of college students.

and my shotgun usually quiets my neighbors down... i use the stock to bang on my livingroom wall that seperates the apartment. Actually turning off their circuit breaker actually sounds like an excellent idea!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
im a college student myself, in a apt complex full of college students.

and my shotgun usually quiets my neighbors down... i use the stock to bang on my livingroom wall that seperates the apartment. Actually turning off their circuit breaker actually sounds like an excellent idea!

even neater idea (if your a qualifyied person) would be to put the nuetral of that circut onto another breaker and turn it on.  bear with it for a few seconds as the stereo gets even louder, then it will go quiet. forever.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#25]
two stories.

1st .. i lived in an apartment. updstairs lived a family with a large dog. guy would get off wor around midnight, come home and throw a ball across the living room upstairs and the dog woudl bark and chase it. you'd hear this thump thump thump of the ball then a the galloping dog. i was a student had to be in glass at 7:30am. asked the guy nicely to please stop. he gave me a tought titty response. so.... i had a stratocaster and a very large sound system. so i would screw around during the day like hendrix, i would lean the guitar against the amps, adjust it so it hummed and vibrated.. and leave for an hour or two. after 1 or two days they were absolutely quiet from that day on..

second story.. i knew this family that lived a building over. above them was like 6 guys living in one apartment. on fridays and saturdays their budies would come over, they'd all get drunk, clear out the living room and have wwf tag team matches with body slams ,screaming, off the wall stuff. actually shook some of the fixttures out of the walls in this woman's apartment. she was afraid to ask them to stop..

i hope i never ever live in an apartment again. i would rather live in a cardboard box on the side of the raod.. and i didna even mention the girl that roller skated in the upstairs apartment...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#26]
More than once.  1st time up in Plattsburgh, NY.   I call them the Four Scraggly Fucks of the Apocalypse.  All four seemed to take turns being the boy friend of the trailer park's local slut.
They played guitars at all hours of the night.  They were also stoners.  They sucked at guitar playing too.  It seems the only thing they attempted to play was"25 or 6 to 4".

I have one here in Palmyra.  Next door.  This nonworking GF beater fuck, stays up all night with his stereo gonig full blast.  Half of all the police call in the village are for this turd.

Right now, it is cool enough he keeps his windows closed, so I can't hear him.  But, when the summer comes, he'll open his windows.  I think I might try some test fire of one of my new toys this summer.  Let's see what happens when a speaker gets hit by a 230 grain FMJ rounded point .45 ACP.  Maybe a 12 gauge Breneke Rottweiler deer slug!

Oh wait.  I think this might be illegal.  Something about discharging firearms within the village limits.  It being a built up area and all.  I could get in trouble.  They might yell at me!  Real loud, too!

Bilster
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]
It applies to stereos too!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Damn, opera music sounds like a winner.
I also need to download 'Flight of the Valkyrie"

"Of course you know, this means WAR!"

"Mary Schneider Yodels the Classics"

The Ultimate Weapon

As God is my Witness, I have a copy.

Also, "Classic Hawaiian Music" of the '30s

Either would do, but I'd just go over and yank the meter out of their service box.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
The kid in the dorm room next to me has a 12in subwoofer on his floor directly opposite of the wall my bed is on. Thump thump thump brrrrr thump thump thump.....

Usually he is pretty good about turning it down if I ask, but because of the sub even if he has it really low I can still hear it. Ive learned that foam earplugs from walmart are for more than just shooting.

I dont understand these people, why cant you just buy a pair of fing headphones? Do you have to let the whole building know you listen to crappy rap music to make youself feel like a badass? It took my all first simester to convince my roomate to get a pair.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Have a neighboor, who, right after we moved in, decided to have an all-night seista/party/whatever.

Asked him twice to keep it down.

He ignored me.

So, about 5:30 the next morining I opened all of the windows facing his side of my house and proceeded to do a 45 minute drum solo.

Not alot of technique, but it was loud as hell.

He got the message.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Just venting here but wouldn't you think that people actually go deaf eventually over something like this?? Ever had neighbors that love to blare the stereo so loud you can hear it even when your windows are closed? Every weekend since these people moved in we've been dealing with this constant boom boom boooom boom.. over and over again.. I think they have the same cd that keeps getting  played over and over again, the rhythm doesn't seem to change much.

The prob, can't do much though contract says they can make as much noise as they want until a certain time of night however it's so loud it actually gives you a beating headache that won't quit.

What contract?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sorry about all the loud noise there, neighbor.

We used to have problems with neighbors at the school owned apt. buildings when I lived in Laramie. They would come home from night classes and carnk the stereo from about 2-4 am, when I had to be up for class at 6am the next morning.

We complained to housing, called the cops, all the proper stuff, and nothing helped, so finally we just got all the guys that were sick and tired of listning to their loud music every night and beat the shit out of all of them. No more music after that.

wyo tech, eh?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What contract?

In lease.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I had this problem yesterday.  Left a sign on the inside of the door leading out of the building that said:

Whoever has the bass booming stereo........

STOP IT

Sign was missing this morning, and I hear no bass booming tonight.

Mission accomplished.

Next time, I'm gonna draw down!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Call the PoPo... tell'm you think there's a Meth lab next door.

You trying to make more paperwork for us?j/k

Yes call your local PD (non emergency number mind you) and they will take care of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top