Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:12:36 PM EDT
www.universalpictures.com/asx/flight93/flight93_tsr_trlr1_300k_wmv.asx

This is the film on Flight 93.   They have the UNANIMOUS backing of all the Flight 93 families.  Every single one wants this story told.  

Wow.

I plan on seeing this as a tribute to my fellow Americans who died that day.   But I suspect a lot of the sheeple will feel uncomfortable being reminded of this.   And already the liberals are pushing for a backlash because they're trying to have Bush censored for survealing telephone calls between CONUS contacts and overseas terrorists, and they know those hearings will fall flat with this in the theaters.

What say you:   Will the media conspire to derail this movie as "too early, exploitive, or insensitive"?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we as a nation need a reminder to many people have become so complaicent already.

Me I wont see it in a theater I dont like tearing up in front of others.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The leftists HATE the flight 93 story, or "myth" as they call it.  They prefer to believe the US government or a mysterious white jet shot down flight 93.

There's going to be a lot of shrieking from the usual suspects over this movie.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the post...first time I've seen the trailor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Won't let me open the trailer.

ETA: Got it to work now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The leftists HATE the flight 93 story, or "myth" as they call it.  They prefer to believe the US government or a mysterious white jet shot down flight 93.

not leftists... conspiracy freaks.

F93, Heroes... every one of them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I hate being right.

Someone e-mailed that I should look at drudge, and sure enough he's got a link to this:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12112802/site/newsweek

Sure enough, the sheeple aren't ready.

And worse, the media does not want us remembering 911.

I just surfed over to IMDB and you should see the vitriol from the kooky lefty moonbats there.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Should have a "LETS ROLL!" subtitle.

True Americans!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Won't let me open the trailer.

Try copying and pasting the link.   Some sites with heavy volume will start blocking external referrers during a traffic spike.

Also:  here's an alternative link with various spots:  www.themoviebox.net/movies/2006/DEFGH/Flight-93/trailer.php
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to see it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Reminds me of my first sig line:

"The era of Osama lasted about one hour.  From the time the first jet hit the tower until the General Militia of Flight 93 reported for duty."

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
That trailer alone got me all choked up.

Wasn't this story already done in some miniseries...that turned out to be absolutely awful?  I never saw it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
While I think we should NEVER forget what happened and need to be reminded from time to time; I think the idea of someone making money off it is revolting.

Show it for free if they REALLY want everyone to know what happened.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]
definately going to see this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I disagree.  If I were to be a victim of such an incident, or if one of my family members were a victim of such an incident, provided I approved of the product it would not bother me one bit if the movie were profitable.  As a matter of fact, I'd like to see it be the highest grossing film of all time in an effort to spread the message.

Profits aren't bad.  If earned honestly, they are among the best things on this planet.

Quoted:
While I think we should NEVER forget what happened and need to be reminded from time to time; I think the idea of someone making money off it is revolting.

Show it for free if they REALLY want everyone to know what happened.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
On my list to see.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
it's a lot better than most of the crap that is being pinched off these days
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone see the A&E Flight 93 movie?  That one was good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The rage that builds up in me when I hear the recorded calls made to family members during that flight, the other flights and from the towers rips me inside.

I so hate islam.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Airdrop copies of this movie over the Al-Quida recruiting areas.

BTW, when the leftists attack this movie, you all forgot the tag "racist".  They always call what they don't like "racist".

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I got wicked goosebumps when I saw the preview in theaters.

I plan on watching it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
IMHO, Paul Greengrass is one of the most creative directors working in Hollywood.  They could

not have picked a better director for this piece.  This should be an outstanding tribute to the heros of that flight.

Another film of his to watch for will be  "They Marched Into Sunlight."  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Im going to see it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Reminds me of my first sig line:

"The era of Osama lasted about one hour.  From the time the first jet hit the tower until the General Militia of Flight 93 reported for duty."

Pretty cool saying.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Chilling anger instilled

Movie website here
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
The resolution kind of sucks, but here's another longer trailer.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12102621/site/newsweek/
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I find their honor, courage and sacrifice to be inspiring. They were heros in every sense of the word.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I find their honor, courage and sacrifice to be inspiring. They were heros in every sense of the word.

Indeed. They were the true heroes of that day......
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Is it too soon?

No. If anything it's too late.

Should the film have been made at all?

Absolutely. Americans seem to want to forget. They want to act like it didn't happen. It did happen, and we can niether forget nor forgive.

More to the point, will anyone want to see it?

I want to see it, although I'm sure I will cry most of the way through it. I'm also sure that it will only amplify my feelings towards Islam.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That's a much better trailer and it looks like this will be a tremendously powerful movie.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a much better trailer and it looks like this will be a tremendously powerful movie.

Here's a better version of it. youtube.com/watch?v=49rQFe2tiwo
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Very powerful, I will go see it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#34]
The stuff below was on a discussion thread in IMDB.  I didn't realize so many people think like this.

Re: this movie was a lie. even to it's core  
 by - t_i_m_h (Fri Mar 24 2006 10:43:42 )  Ignore this User | Report Abuse  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give a serious answer to this question. Americans, those of you who are still in denial and have managed to, against all odds, all evidence, continue beleiveing that arabs with box cutters managed to do what 'they' did please answer me this? - What would it take to make you come to terms with, to realize, that 9/11 was a construct, a fear-mongering event, orchastrated to launch you willingly into a 'war' on 'terror'?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]
$$$  i don't need a reminder.  nobody ha$ forgot.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The stuff below was on a discussion thread in IMDB.  I didn't realize so many people think like this.

Re: this movie was a lie. even to it's core  
 by - t_i_m_h (Fri Mar 24 2006 10:43:42 )  Ignore this User | Report Abuse  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give a serious answer to this question. Americans, those of you who are still in denial and have managed to, against all odds, all evidence, continue beleiveing that arabs with box cutters managed to do what 'they' did please answer me this? - What would it take to make you come to terms with, to realize, that 9/11 was a construct, a fear-mongering event, orchastrated to launch you willingly into a 'war' on 'terror'?

You know, the tin foil hat lefty nutters really have no grasp.   There are RECORDINGS of the phone calls between family members on the flights.   They describe the M.E. individuals and the box cutters.

The thing I can never get about liberals is how they can at the same time claim that the Bush administration is so "incopetent" while at the same time believing that this administration has orchestrated the most extensive covert action and coverup in the history of mankind, involving hundreds of conspirators and not a single leak.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Anyone see the A&E Flight 93 movie?  That one was good.

It was okay.  At least this movie is using a real mock-up of the 757 cockpit.  The A&E one was an Airbus pit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]
My only question:

Why did it take five years to make?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]
The abbreviated trailers have been creeping me out ever since they came on in the Fall.

Saw the new trailer with more footage, before Inside Man yesterday. Really creeped me out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#40]
tag for later
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I will see the movie.I still get extremely pissed thinking back to that days events.

RIP FLT #93
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top