Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 5:56:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
When she spouted off about Toby Kieth I wanted to punch her in her ovaries.... I dont agree with sending men to die in the middle east..... But what she said just really made me feel like she was not in support of our troops..... Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you dont support our men & women in the armed forces then you can just get the hell out of our country.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
According to this mornings paper. They're back and unrepentent....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link?

Whaddi miss?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
see next post
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#6]
stinky linky
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#8]
fixed link

www.laist.com/archives/2006/03/31/dixie_chicks_still_pissing_em_off.php

Read below to save the click:

So everyone knows the backstory: Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines was reamed nearly three years ago for saying that she was ashamed of George Bush for the war in Iraq. Country music fans let the band have it: Their music was banned from some stations, their records were burned and bulldozed and the band even received personal threats. So you'd think they'd make nice this time around? Oh no...Here's the chorus from their new single:

I’m not ready to make nice I’m not ready to back down I’m still mad as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round It’s too late to make it right I probably wouldn’t if I could ‘Cause I’m mad as hell Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

And while some country music fans are applauding them and their First Amendment right to free speech, we have other fans posting on the KZLA message boards who aren't so happy:

...They are not the least bit remorseful about their comments at the time they did it. The song still represents their attitude back then and today. They also seem to be scolding the people of America for what the public did to them. They take no responsibility for the reaction by the public. It is always someone else’s fault and do not see the reason they were ridiculed. You may not like what the President was doing, when he did it, but you have to respect the country you live in..."

So hopefully, KZLA won't submit to any pressure to take the Chicks off the air. Right now the single is in the station's Top 20, so maybe those who don't like them or the single are doing something really radical -- like turning down the volume when the song comes on?

This debate is just going to get louder as we near the release of the Dixie Chicks album on May 23. But we can't wait to see what else they say on it...maybe we're a little bit country after all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I really never knew much about them, don't know any of their songs, and after the treason incident I couldn't care less if they live or die. I just hope they go away.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't they know that country music singers aren't supposed to get political?

ESPECIALLY when they are speaking out against a president that 99% of their fans voted for.

They are pretty damn stupid.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Well for that, I won't listen to any of thier music!!

(I didn't before, naaaaahhhh!!!)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#12]
They just need to go to france and sing in all the radical islamic enclaves that there are. Just don't leave your tour busses parked out back.

Never been impressed with any of their music, their only claim to fame is that they are a "girl band".

They must need the money.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When she spouted off about Toby Kieth I wanted to punch her in her ovaries.... I dont agree with sending men to die in the middle east..... But what she said just really made me feel like she was not in support of our troops..... Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you dont support our men & women in the armed forces then you can just get the hell out of our country.

So what you're really saying is, you want to fist her?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what you're really saying is, you want to fist her?hr

Yes, yes I do.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't Understand Normal Thinking
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I always thought they sang like a cat in heat.  It didn't surprise me that they bad mouthed our President [in a foreign country] and it doesn't surprise me that LA supports them for it.

Patty
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like she lost alot of weight, too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Country Music?  Country music died at least ten years ago. This is lite rock horse shit packaged as country music.  You can put a turd on a bun but that don't make it a hotdog.

Country music is getting what it deserves for turning it's back on tallent; force feeding faces instead of quality music, on it's gullible fans.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#20]

It’s too late to make it right I probably wouldn’t if I could ‘Cause I’m mad as hell Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I don't want her to do anything, except either die, or go the fuck away, and I don't really care which.

Well, yeah, I would prefer "die."
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I had heard that these cunts were going to change their genre and no longer do "country" anymore.  Someone on Fox who reports entertainment said it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do the  Van Zandts, Hollies and Vaughns of the music world buy it in plane crashes but turds like Natalie Maines get through without a scratch?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]
They got bitch slapped a few years back and now want to try to get revenge. Too bad bitches! the rock world isn't going to want you, you had your shot in the C&W genre and blew it big time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Natalie Maines  - a "mad as hell" fat chick.   Impressive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like they think public opinion has changed enough for them to make money.  Bet that album's been on ice for 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Country Music?   Country music died at least ten years ago. This is lite rock horse shit packaged as country music. You can put a turd on a bun but that don't make it a hotdog.

Country music is getting what it deserves for turning it's back on tallent; force feeding faces instead of quality music, on it's gullible fans.

Can I plagerize ghat sometime?

I can't help but notice their timing. They STFU for three years. Now that support for the war is slipping, they probably figure it's safe to come out from under their rock. Me cynical? Nah.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Good for them.  I prefer that those who I do business with keep their views to themselves (same with anyone else I don't really know...I neither need nor want to know my grocer's opinions on abortion, for instance).  But, at least they're sticking to their guns.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Country Music?  Country music died at least ten years ago. This is lite rock horse shit packaged as country music.  You can put a turd on a bun but that don't make it a hotdog.

LIstening to songs like 'red neck yacht club' at work, and wondering when memorable, compelling melodies became irrelevant to country, I'm forced to conclude:

Most country singers are knee jerk, no talent clowns.

The fact that they're patriotic is nice, but doesn't redeem them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top