Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2001 11:23:59 AM EDT
I was just sitting here talking to a fellow engineer from Yemen.  He said that since the unification in 1990 and the civil war in 1994, the people of Yemen have had the right to keep and bear any type of firearms that they want.  There are 18 million people there, and 50 million firearms.  He said that you can buy a brand new full auto AK for $187 US, and a used on for around $31 US.  The people can just buy them on the street if they want to.  He said that the govt has tried to limit them a few times, but the people refused because it is tradition to have firearms.  The people there believe that without firearms you are nothing.  Reminds me of what this country used to be like.  Now we are filled with a bunch of whimpy followers.

Can you imagine being able to buy what you want?
Such a far away dream.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yemen? Hmm, weather is a bit dry for me, but if they are that free over there....
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Live free or die....
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
No more Limits!
Freedom for all!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Free to kill American sailors, too. (That is the place of the USS Cole attack, isn't it?)
View Quote

I don't imagine that everybody in Yemen is a terrorist.  We need to do what they did and just refuse new gun laws (and old ones for that matter).
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes it is, but he said the people don't care if an American ship docks there.  There is no base in Yemen.  The ships stop to refuel and buy supplies, boosting the local economy.  He says the people could care less if an American warship is there or not.

He also showed me an article that one of the tribes offered to sell som Stinger missles to the President of Yemen.  The tribes there own anything they can afford.

They hate the UN as well.  The UN refused to give them loans until the govt starts regulating firearms.  The would rather be free and poor than give in to the UN.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's an article I found Jax, sounds like what he showed you:

[url]www.csj.net/~fuhrig/pages/article2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#10]
As for this so-called gunlovers heaven, as far as I'm concerned the best thing that could happen to this country is the sun rising twice one morning, and this Yemen becoming the world's largest glass parking lot.

Nuke 'Em!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As for this so-called gunlovers heaven, as far as I'm concerned the best thing that could happen to this country is the sun rising twice one morning, and this Yemen becoming the world's largest glass parking lot.

Nuke 'Em!
View Quote

What have the Yemenese done to Australia?

Tough talk coming from a guy whose home sends its boys to die under the flag of another country on a routine basis.

Incidentally, I think that it was discovered that the USS Cole incident was orchestrated by exterior terrorist forces, not Yemenese.  I could be wrong, but it was an Osama Bin Laden attack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top