Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 7:31:20 PM EDT

Kipple

Noun. It comes from the Philip K. Dick book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? later filmed as Blade Runner

"Kipple" are those obscure pieces of stuff that are parts of some mechanism or thing you once owned but is now gone; odd bits that now have no purpose but you still have. Stuff like the cap for a missing pen, bags for a vaccume cleaner you no longer have, tires from a bicycle that was stolen, a gear from a car door window, half of a pair of scissors, an o-ring from a pump for an aquarium you gave to your sister, a section of Hot Wheels track, a wingnut with no bolt, a knob to a radio you lost years ago, a small plastic boot from your old GI Joe, staples for a stapler you no lent to a friend but never got back, a box of old razor blades, and various other parts and pieces of unknown origin.

Kipple tends to accumulate, especially when you have lived in a house for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yup...

lets see....

headphones from long-gone CD players

manuals for calculators i don't even own anymore...

LOTS of AC adaptors for various electronic items which i cannot locate....

there's lots of kipple in my house.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the word......"shit" to describe those things.

Example. "Look at all of this shit".

Being a redneck has it's advantages.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No one here is kipple-free, though they may think they are.

Of course it worse for some than others.

Unfortunaly, there is a point where you will never be rid of it all...

Kipple has a way of sapping your energy. Try to get rid of it, but there will always be some here and there. It is quite hopeless actually.

Think I'm wrong? See how much you can find in five minutes; you will become a Believer.

Kipple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top