Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:47:55 PM EDT
I am really starting to miss having a machine shop at my disposal.  I have projects in my head that I can't do because I lack the proper machinery.

What is a good mini mill that I can mount to my workbench for small (mostly gun related) projects?

Looking for something that won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a Benchmaster or an Atlas mill with a vertical milling head on it. The Benchmaster is the better choise for an "all around" mill. The Atlas is great for cutting the rails on 1911 frames. Both show-up on eBay every now and then.

This is the Benchmaster:

This is an Atlas like the one I got:

You also can get a Mill/Drill for a good price from Grizzly tools. Alot of gunsmiths use them and like 'em

The mini-mills look to "cheap" to me. But, then again, some people like 'em.

Try this site for more info and this site for info from users.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top