Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 2:33:18 PM EDT
I have a Hydrastorm and want to clean it out really well.  I thought I read somewhere you can use Polident tablets, the ones for cleaning dentures.  Anyone have any tips for cleaning the inside of the bladder out?  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
you could do the denture cleaner but what i do is ...

about 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon water, fill bladder with 1/2 gallon, let sit fot 10 mins, dump refill with second half gallon, give it a good shake let sit for a few mins, dump it out. fill with clean warm to hot water let soak for a few mins repeat twice. then take a 1/4 cup baking soda and dump it in, then fill with water. let it sit for 10 mins, then rinse again twice, let dry

i have done this to a camelback bladder that had gatoraid in it for a few weeks ( forgot it in my truck ) during summer, after i did this it had no flavor with clean water in it

edit spelling
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Only keeping water in it for a start would me nice. Rinse and leave cap off to air dry. Once you put anything other than water in a bladder it can become an ordeal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top