Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 11:52:10 AM EDT
i am getting an error bitching about "pop3" not being the right type of something when i try to open outlook. it is a new dell e1505, OS is win XP. it is probably something i did with the initial setup. any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
should look something like this
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
how did you post that pic? i want to show you the error message i am getting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I use screen capture on one of my photo edit programs and dropped the image into my photobucket account.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
For "Incoming Mail" you have to put the complete server name, not just "POP3."  Look up your ISP's Support pages and they'll list the info you need.  Without knowing what ISP you're using, we can't tell you what to enter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
thats exactly it. i called b-south and they had me staraight in a couple of minutes. thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top