Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:07:54 AM EDT
I typed AR-15 and searched Ebay while bored last weekend, here's the Cliff Notes version:

- Lady has 12 "K Industries" Ar-15 mags listed for sale on Ebay
- I ask for a better picture of the floorplate to see what they really are, after asking in the magazine forum and being told they are likely Okay mags, makes sense.
- Get a picture of one Okay mag, she says others are just like it
- Ebay yanks her auctions for being firearms related
- I have her email address from the picture and offer $65 for the entire lot of 12, S&H included (most of the bids other people were making on Ebay were up to $5 a piece, they were listed in 12 seperate auctions,  so that seemed fair)

- She accepts, I send MO, she sends mags, these show up today. Here is what I actually got:

4 Okay mags, three black followers(one dated 11/91), one green follower.
8 Center Industries mags, 6 of the NIW (April 2002), and the other two appear to have never been used. Marked Restricted.

Not bad for $65 total .

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Officer, arrest this man!  You made out like a bandit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a bunch of AK mags off ebay last winter from a guy in the Midwest- no problems! Just check the search feature often for AK or AR related items, use the Buy Now feature, pay by money order (avoid antigun PayPal), and save the page for reference, in case the ebay trolls shut it down.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought a bunch of AK mags off ebay last winter from a guy in the Midwest- no problems! Just check the search feature often for AK or AR related items, use the Buy Now feature, pay by money order (avoid antigun PayPal), and save the page for reference, in case the ebay trolls shut it down.

Last year I got 5 Taurus PT-92 15 round mags for $30. That auction went all the way to the end, no problems. Gotta catch them early now .
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the cool thing about ebay. It doesn't matter if they kill your auction, as long as the buyer and seller meet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
good deal!  fuck ebay and their commie policies
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
thats nothing, some jerk on the AK side got 5 like new bakelite AK47 mags for like 90 bucks! They usually go for that EACH.

he's not really a jerk, im just angry I didnt get that sweet of a deal
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought eBay hated gun mags...*

Hey, more power to you!

*funny story, at one point a couple years ago I was searching for magazines for the hey of it on eBay. I noted that eBay had some kind of "high capacity" mag restriction or something where they were trying to prevent people from selling "high cap" mags, 10 rounds only... (could have been during the AWB now that I think of it)... So anyhoo, I'm seeing all these mags that have no blocks in them, but the people selling them all wrote stuff like "yes, these mags WILL HOLD TEN ROUNDS..."

...Of course they do! They hold 20 or 30 rounds! Thought that was a humorous end-around that little bit of silliness.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought eBay hated gun mags...*

Hey, more power to you!

*funny story, at one point a couple years ago I was searching for magazines for the hey of it on eBay. I noted that eBay had some kind of "high capacity" mag restriction or something where they were trying to prevent people from selling "high cap" mags, 10 rounds only... (could have been during the AWB now that I think of it)... So anyhoo, I'm seeing all these mags that have no blocks in them, but the people selling them all wrote stuff like "yes, these mags WILL HOLD TEN ROUNDS..."

...Of course they do! They hold 20 or 30 rounds! Thought that was a humorous end-around that little bit of silliness.

The lady I bought these from said in her email that Ebay had sent her a Nastygram about the mags being over 10 round capacity. It worked out, glad I requested the picture and got the email address
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Officer, arrest this man!  You made out like a bandit.

I felt like hiding it earlier, it's almost criminal, in some states anyway
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
bump one more time
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw an auction on Ebay once where the guy was auctioning off 6 Ruger MKII pistol magazines.  His auction stated he was selling off the magazines because "the pistol was a piece of junk".  Since he was a local guy, I figured I might make a cheap buy.  I emailed him about the pistol and he had issues with the sights aligning way off to one side.  I asked if he wanted to sell it and what he wanted for it.  He told me he wanted at least $75 for it as that was what he had heard the "gun turn in" programs would give him.  The pistol was basically new as it never work right for him and he just quit using it.  I mentioned he could have Ruger fix it for free, but he wasn't interested in getting it fixed.  

So I got it for $75 plus the PPT fees for a like new blued,  5 1/2" bull barreled, target model pistol....I was a happy camper!!  It turns out something wasn't right with it and Ruger fixed it, free of course, by changing out the complete top end.  So I have Ebay to thank for that great buy!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Good job Lanceman.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Good deal. Stole those mags.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Ebay didn't yank that auction because it was AR related, most likely because the magazine capacity.  It appears that Ebay believe everyone should be restricted to low cap mags.  Bring back the old days when you could sell firearms on ebay!  I sold a Mossberg 500 all dressed up many moons ago, for more than retail too!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Thief

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#18]
GOOD DEAL ?   ,  When the Bitches TWEAKER boyfriend gets out of "re-hab" and wants his mags back ,  then we will see who gets a "good deal" ,  -- ( YOU B@STARD , IM SO JEALOUS !)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Good deal! Lucky bastard
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
GOOD DEAL ?   ,  When the Bitches TWEAKER boyfriend gets out of "re-hab" and wants his mags back ,  then we will see who gets a "good deal" ,  -- ( YOU B@STARD , IM SO JEALOUS !)

Bitch sold my mags.......

Send them back to me and I will pay you back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top