Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:38 AM EDT
Here is my problem. I have had multiple firearms come from a single source in a single shipment and paid the transfer fee of $25 for all of them since it was in the same shipment, and IIRC, you can put 4 guns at a time on a yellow sheet. It still only requires 1 phone call if I am in PA or no call if in NY ( I live in NY ). The only difference is a few extra lines of writing for the extra serial #s and description.

I have a dealer in PA that I like, nice guy and he'll bullshit with ya etc. But for the same scenario he charges the $25 fee for EACH gun/receiver. Pretty hefty for an extra 15-45 seconds of writing.

My thought is that the overall single process is the transfer, in other words, a single yellow sheet is the transfer and anything up to the 4 guns, if from the same source, falls under the single fee. If I buy 4 $60 AK receivers why should there be a $100 transfer fee? Especially, if I did all the actual looking up/finding and ordering, payment etc.

What is the HIVE MIND thought on this? Is EACH gun a seperate transfer or is EACH yellow copy it's own transfer?

Flame On.....
S.O.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither dealer is wrong. They just do business differently.

I know one dealer who does $10 transfers for each gun. A fair price by any means. I've since found one closer who charges $15 for the first gun and then $10 for anymore that fit on the same form. But when I went to transfer 4 stripped lowers he charged me $30 for all of them. That's $7.50 each. I like this guy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Neither dealer is wrong. They just do business differently.

I know one dealer who does $10 transfers for each gun. A fair price by any means. I've since found one closer who charges $15 for the first gun and then $10 for anymore that fit on the same form. But when I went to transfer 4 stripped lowers he charged me $30 for all of them. That's $7.50 each. I like this guy.

Hell yeah, good deal.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, everybody else around here wants $20-$25 for each gun. I could live with it one gun at a time with the price of gas ($2.89gal/prem) as the $10/gun guy is 65 miles away. But then I stumbled on the other guy here in town. Owns the pawnshop, and teaches CCW, carbine and other fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
filling out the sheet and making the call does not take much  time
doing leg work sending out , reciveing and checking FFLs making phone calls to figure out what goes to what as they never seem to put any info with it  and  unpacking verifing SN logging stuff in and out takes all the time
it takes about 1/2 hour time total to do a gun transfer per gun  and I prefer not to work for free

basiclly same amount of work for each gun  and same work if you buy a barrett or a jennings

we used to do 1 sheet 1 transfer fee , but as always guys started to abuse( let 10 guns pile up over a month so they only have to pay one fee ) it and we had to go to one gun one fee

but someone will come along and state it is too much  and dealers are bastards and you should just go to the guy selling stuff in his basement for $5  transfer if you can find that guy and actally catch him at home great  , just when that item breaks or is missing parts don't complain when i charge you to fix it or order parts

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
filling out the sheet and making the call does not take much  time
doing leg work sending out , reciveing and checking FFLs making phone calls to figure out what goes to what as they never seem to put any info with it  and  unpacking verifing SN logging stuff in and out takes all the time
it takes about 1/2 hour time total to do a gun transfer per gun  and I prefer not to work for free

basiclly same amount of work for each gun  and same work if you buy a barrett or a jennings

we used to do 1 sheet 1 transfer fee , but as always guys started to abuse( let 10 guns pile up over a month so they only have to pay one fee ) it and we had to go to one gun one fee

but someone will come along and state it is too much  and dealers are bastards and you should just go to the guy selling stuff in his basement for $5  transfer if you can find that guy and actally catch him at home great  , just when that item breaks or is missing parts don't complain when i charge you to fix it or order parts

If you read carefully, I said FOUR guns from a SINGLE source in a SINGLE shipment and AFTER i did the calling and paying, he just hands me a signed FFL.

I don't know to many guys who could wait long enough to pile up 10 guns before going and getting them! Besides, it's your fault if you let them do that to begin with! IIRC, 10 guns equals 3 yellow copies and 3x transfer fee you should have gotten.

S.O.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you read carefully, I said FOUR guns from a SINGLE source in a SINGLE shipment and AFTER i did the calling and paying, he just hands me a signed FFL.

I don't know to many guys who could wait long enough to pile up 10 guns before going and getting them! Besides, it's your fault if you let them do that to begin with! IIRC, 10 guns equals 3 yellow copies and 3x transfer fee you should have gotten.

S.O.

I read it  its almost the same amount if work if they are from 1 place or 4

after 3 you can attach a sheet with additional guns so still only 1 form

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top