BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:51:31 AM EDT
Sorry cant make it hot.

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/w_high.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
So why the hell are we paying Taxes? I know I can do better with my money then the Govt...Hog
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't much care for some of the creative editing, very Michael Mooreish. If anything it does make you think about how many problems a flat tax would solve.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
What do they mean there is no constitutional basis for the income tax? The 16 amendment gives the government the power to do an income tax.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So why the hell are we paying Taxes? I know I can do better with my money then the Govt...Hog

Because according to the US Constitution, Article 16, section 8

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thomas Jefferson was right

"The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of the lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws our country."

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Simple solution National Sales Tax.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It's more about what the Feds can tax than whether they can tax. Everybody agrees that they can tax, the Constitution says so. But they can't just tax anything that moves.

The Feds can regulate interstate and international commerce, so only interstate or international commerce would be able to be taxed. Anything that happens within a state would logically be the state's problem. The feds are limited like that.

The Supreme Court said the 16th Amendment granted Congress no new taxing powers. The 16th was never ratified by any of the states anyways.

Google "861 evidence" and read some of the stuff that's said about it. Some people have gotten letters from the IRS saying "We agree that you are not obligated to pay income tax or file a 1040." The head of the IRS even said that the tax system is based on individual self-assessment and voluntary compliance.

You can supposedly unvolunteer for the income tax. I'm going to try to do it after I learn more about the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top